Reload this Page >

Copy driving licence

Copy driving licence

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Pulsar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Copy driving licence

Good Evening

I have a legalized (Notary certified) copy of my passport accepted by Carrefour (a good test) Police Town Hall etc. As I am sure most of you do.

Does anyone know if the same applies to driving licences--mine's a UK one.

Another thought---has anyone flashed their legalized copy passport at Check-in at the airport ?

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy driving licence

Originally Posted by Pulsar
Good Evening

I have a legalized (Notary certified) copy of my passport accepted by Carrefour (a good test) Police Town Hall etc. As I am sure most of you do.

Does anyone know if the same applies to driving licences--mine's a UK one.

Another thought---has anyone flashed their legalized copy passport at Check-in at the airport ?

Thanks
I don`t know anyone that has a copy pp, and everywhere I have been they only accept the originals.
Flashing a copy at the border crossing would probably give you an exciting trip to the interrogation room.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:34 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

The only copies of any document which are legally acceptable in Spain are those certified by the authority which the originals were issued by.

This mean a Spanish D/L Tráfico, a British Passport, The British Passport office or a British Consulate etc.

I know we have all had copies certified by town halls, notaries and by various other places accepted, we have been lucky.

The reason why the authority who issued the original is the only authority which can authorise a copy is because only that authority can say for certain that the original, from which the copy was made, was a genuine document.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies.

That's odd. Is Benalmadena an out of touch backwater?

I'm on the Costa Blanca and I am pretty sure everyone I know has their Passport safely stored and carries a Notarized copy . I have for about 6 years with no problem at all --and not just here on the coast.

So it seems unlikely you will know about the acceptability of copy driving licences.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

I'm on the Costa Blanca and I am pretty sure everyone I know has their Passport safely stored and carries a Notarized copy . I have for about 6 years with no problem at all --and not just here on the coast.
On the Costa del Sol there aren't many who know they are supposed to carry their passport (copy or otherwise). Those that do know don't see why they should, so don't.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:45 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Pulsar, If your reply was in response to my post, it was as I expected. That was why I said, I know we have all had copies certified by town halls, notaries and by various other places accepted, we have been lucky.

I carry an out-of-date Residence Card, a copy of my P/P reduced to credit card size, my original Spanish D/L and a copy of the new A4 Resident Cert. With the exception of the police station and a notary, so far, I have not had a problem using the copies, but as I said, I too have been lucky,

I have also been in touch with the British Ambassador in Madrid. He agrees we are obliged to carry our original PP (not a copy) if we do not have a valid plastic Residence Card.

If you wish to carry a copy of your UK D/L which will be legal, then have it authenticated by the DVLA, or do as have done, make a credit card size copy and plasticise it. It will probably be accepted in many places, but not all.

Last edited by johncar61; Feb 3rd 2010 at 8:50 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Johncar61

I am not quite sure we are on the same track here.

I did have a reduced colour copy of my Passport laminated in plastic for about a year and had a few difficulties. Muppets on the tills in Carrefour are a good test.

If I recall correctly the Administrator of the community suggested a Notorized copy.

I have not had a problem since. And round here they are very popular. But then again so is pocket picking and handbag snatching.

Unlike a shrunken copy made in a Prensa the notorized thing certainly looks the part being on Notary numbered and watermarked paper and festooned with seals and stamps and statements about the original.

I wonder if a Notorized copy of my driving licence would prove to be as efficacious as well as allowing me to store my original DL safely away.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:39 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Please note that Carrefour, the Local police and the Guardia Civil are very different entities in Spain. Please try and flash your photocopies at the latter tow and see what happens.
I would rather carry originals it saves any hustle.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.

Johncar61 seems to have more faith in a shrunken copy made in a paper shop and Santo Estevo refers to flashing my "photo copy".

And this after I have carefully explained how "legal" and "official" a Notorized copy is.
I haven't got a lot of time for some Notaries but I did not know their efforts were so disrespected.

I think I will drop this now without an answer because I am getting confused.

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:20 am
Banned

Pulsar, totally disregard what I say.

To find the answer you want, I suggest you keep asking people until they say what you want. Then stop asking and stick with that.

But as has been said, don't try showing those 'pieces of worthless paper' to people like the Guardia Civil, airport officials etc, just stick with the experts at Carrefour and the like.

Have a really great day.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johncar61
Pulsar, totally disregard what I say.

To find the answer you want, I suggest you keep asking people until they say what you want. Then stop asking and stick with that.

But as has been said, don't try showing those 'pieces of worthless paper' to people like the Guardia Civil, airport officials etc, just stick with the experts at Carrefour and the like.

Have a really great day.
He might get away with it if he tells them Tina at the till said it was kosher.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
Nice to see the thread degenerating into insults as usual.
I asked a perfectly polite question to see if anyone had experience of using a Notorized copy of a driving licence--I thought it would be as useful as the Notorized Copy Passports huge numbers of people round here use.

What happens. Someone who is hard of thinking who has obviously never heard of a Notorized Passport copy and can't understand my description of such a thing calls it a worthless piece of paper. This from someone who recommends a shrunken laminated copy from a paper shop as better.

JC on a bike.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thank you.
I asked a perfectly polite question to see if anyone had experience of using a Notorized copy of a driving licence--I thought it would be as useful as the Notorized Copy Passports huge numbers of people round here use.

What happens. Someone who is hard of thinking who has obviously never heard of a Notorized Passport copy and can't understand my description of such a thing calls it a worthless piece of paper. This from someone who recommends a shrunken laminated copy from a paper shop as better.

JC on a bike.
Simple, the only legal ones are the original ones, take your piece of paper into the Social Security Office and tell them you want to sign on the health service.
Or even simpler go onto a Blanca site and ask there, as you say everyone does it there so you will get the answer you want.
The Foreign Office advise every UK citizen when abroad to always carry their PASSPORT, it is also an offence to drive in Spain without carrying your DRIVING LICENCE.
It can`t be that hard for you to understand surely ?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Simple, the only legal ones are the original ones, take your piece of paper into the Social Security Office and tell them you want to sign on the health service.
Or even simpler go onto a Blanca site and ask there, as you say everyone does it there so you will get the answer you want.
The Foreign Office advise every UK citizen when abroad to always carry their PASSPORT, it is also an offence to drive in Spain without carrying your DRIVING LICENCE.
It can`t be that hard for you to understand surely ?

Pulsar. What I have said is confirmed by the British Ambassador, in Madrid, and the Secretariat (Chief Inspector) to the Commissario at the National Police Station.

As I said if you want to believe something else its your choice. No big deal.

PS. I did not say a reduced plasticised PP was legal. I said I too have been 'getting away with it'. BUT IT IS NOT LEGAL.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: Copy driving licence

Thank you.

JC on a bike.
Every time I leave having read this Forum my anger levels are always raised.
I mean, what happened to common decency eh.

I'd like to think that people wouldn't 'talk' to each other like this, it is just that know one has actually done a course on Email-Etiquette.

Yes, there is such a course available.
The phrase I would use to all the 'sniping' would be....

"I don't beleive you meant to speak to me in that tone of ink?"

Laters;
DSB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.