Reload this Page >

Contents Only Insurance for Piso dweller - English Policy

Contents Only Insurance for Piso dweller - English Policy

Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Kwtsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contents Only Insurance for Piso dweller - English Policy

Hi

Any up to date recommendations for a policy just to cover my belongings that I have in my apartment in Madrid? Also are there other things I should insure for living in an apartment (first time in my life!)

I'm looking for an all risks policy and ideally one with an English policy wording.

Also would be useful if you could give me an indication of premium and value insured as a guide.

Many thanks
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:36 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contents Only Insurance for Piso dweller - English Policy

Linea Directa have English speaking staff and the policy is in English.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:46 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for linea directa. Unlike many insurers, I found them helpful when I made a claim

You can get a quote on line here > https://www.lineadirecta.com/LDAWeb/...es?EXPATS=true

Enjoy Madrid.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm insured with

Ibex
Old Sep 18th 2015, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all for the replies. I've tried both Direct Line and Ibex and neither of them have a policy that would work for me. I have a couple of high value items that they won't cover.

Any other recommendations that might work out?

Thanks
Jon
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:03 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kwtsh
Thanks all for the replies. I've tried both Direct Line and Ibex and neither of them have a policy that would work for me. I have a couple of high value items that they won't cover.

Any other recommendations that might work out?

Thanks
Jon
... are you sure?

We have a couple of expensive items (several tens of thousands) which are detailed separately. I was with Ibex some time ago and they were fine with this, now we're with Linea Directa (which is NOT Direct Line by-the-way) and they are happy with insuring high value items as well.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... are you sure?

We have a couple of expensive items (several tens of thousands) which are detailed separately. I was with Ibex some time ago and they were fine with this, now we're with Linea Directa (which is NOT Direct Line by-the-way) and they are happy with insuring high value items as well.
Yep I'm sure. I spoke to both. Linea Directa would only go to a max of 12K EUR and both of the companies that Ibex represent wouldn't cover the items. A recent claim may have affected the underwriters thinking..

So still hunting.

Last edited by Kwtsh; Sep 18th 2015 at 5:21 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Intasure, they are Uk based. I have never made a claim and keep no high value items so cannot comment otherwise.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 4:10 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Try a broker