Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Conservation Tax

Conservation Tax

Old Nov 24th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Conservation Tax

I just received this from a lawyer I no longer have dealings with but it seems to be a general notice. Anyone else received one and know what it is about?

"We enclosed you letter of the Tributary Service of Huelva for the payment of the conservation tax of the Ayamonte Council(Costa Esuri) related to the second half of 2010.

The voluntary payment date is 30/12/2010.

Please proceed with the bank domiciliation in Spain of that tax ,in order to pay for successive semesters to avoid penalties and fines".

Thanks

Old Nov 24th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Conservation Tax

Originally Posted by AndyS
I just received this from a lawyer I no longer have dealings with but it seems to be a general notice. Anyone else received one and know what it is about?

"We enclosed you letter of the Tributary Service of Huelva for the payment of the conservation tax of the Ayamonte Council(Costa Esuri) related to the second half of 2010.

Please proceed with the bank domiciliation in Spain of that tax ,in order to pay for successive semesters to avoid penalties and fines".

Thanks

I meant to add that it isn't a lot of money....€58
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Conservation Tax

Originally Posted by AndyS

Thanks

I am 99% certain that this is the second half of the annual EUC charge. The EUC is often translated as the "conservation" body but not of Ayamonte Council. If the Lawyer you refer to is who I think he is (MP) he is the Secretary of the EUC and it is in his interest to "get in" all the fees.

In the first year the whole amount had to be paid by 02/12/2009 but this year they split it and half was due in June and half would therefore be due in December. The EUC fees are being collected by the council tax office on behalf of the Administrators LG & C who were not competent to do it on their own!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I am 99% certain that this is the second half of the annual EUC charge. The EUC is often translated as the "conservation" body but not of Ayamonte Council. If the Lawyer you refer to is who I think he is (MP) he is the Secretary of the EUC and it is in his interest to "get in" all the fees.

In the first year the whole amount had to be paid by 02/12/2009 but this year they split it and half was due in June and half would therefore be due in December. The EUC fees are being collected by the council tax office on behalf of the Administrators LG & C who were not competent to do it on their own!
Thanks John, that makes sense, bearing in mind the comment at the end of the lawyers note about avoiding fines.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath

Again, I agree you.

Regards.