Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Concrete Building Blocks

Concrete Building Blocks

Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Concrete Building Blocks

I am in need of around 300 aerated solid concrete building blocks, used to be called breeze blocks many years ago. The terracotta ones the builders here generally are of no use for what I need.

Does anyone know of a builders merchant that I can get them delivered from in the Pinoso area. Pinoso is about 40 minutes west of Alicante/Elche/

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concrete Building Blocks

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I am in need of around 300 aerated solid concrete building blocks, used to be called breeze blocks many years ago. The terracotta ones the builders here generally are of no use for what I need.

Does anyone know of a builders merchant that I can get them delivered from in the Pinoso area. Pinoso is about 40 minutes west of Alicante/Elche/

Thanks in anticipation.
Have actually visited a local builders merchants ? Ive never come across one who dose not have concrete blocks! Spain is made from them !They will all deliver ...at a price.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Have actually visited a local builders merchants ? Ive never come across one who dose not have concrete blocks! Spain is made from them !They will all deliver ...at a price.
You got a multiple posting disorder Rotor???
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

I am in need of around 300 aerated solid concrete building blocks, used to be called breeze blocks many years ago.
They call them bloques here if that's any help?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You got a multiple posting disorder Rotor???
I`m cured
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren d
They call them bloques here if that's any help?
Thank you Warren for that. I see not much changes since my last post here, thread hijacking still goes on!

Rotor I know that some builders merchants have them. I was actually asking if anyone KNEW of a merchant in the Pinoso area, because surprise surprise, having searched for one there for a couple of days now, I have yet to find one.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Warren for that. I see not much changes since my last post here, thread hijacking still goes on!

Rotor I know that some builders merchants have them. I was actually asking if anyone KNEW of a merchant in the Pinoso area, because surprise surprise, having searched for one there for a couple of days now, I have yet to find one.
You may need to concrete the bloque though ;-))

bloques de hormigón
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Thanks in anticipation.
May be a bit too far away from you, but Cons y Decor in Aspe have all sorts of building materials and they do deliver. Think their delivery charge is around €25 - €30.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
bloques de hormigón
Indeed but all builders merchants will know what you are talking about if you ask for "bloques". It's not like they sell bocks made of loads of other materials apart from concrete.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed but all builders merchants will know what you are talking about if you ask for "bloques". It's not like they sell bocks made of loads of other materials apart from concrete.
All bricks, clay or cement are called bloques here apart from rusticos and ladrillos. lol

I wonder how the Spanish brickies will cope with laying blocks with rollered cement on these new bloques?
Attached Thumbnails Concrete Building Blocks-screenhunter_01-oct.-16-12.52.gif  
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
All bricks, clay or cement are called bloques here apart from rusticos and ladrillos. lol

I wonder how the Spanish brickies will cope with laying blocks with rollered cement on these new bloques?
I'm a builder and have never needed to specify what material the bloques are made of. When ordering blogues you also have to give them the size you want. Bricks do not come in size 40x20x20cm so it's pretty obvious to the guys at the builders merchants what blocks they are.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a builder and have never needed to specify what material the bloques are made of. When ordering blogues you also have to give them the size you want. Bricks do not come in size 40x20x20cm so it's pretty obvious to the guys at the builders merchants what blocks they are.
Same here, bloques are 'breezeblock' type, all the rest have reams of different names & sizes. Must be another of these regional variation things
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
I've not used them or seen them being used anywhere yet apart from on TV. They looked pretty good.
I saw some builders using another sort of block in Milton Keynes a few years ago that looked similar to Thermalites that they glued together. One of the fellas I was working with had used the same kind of thing in Germany and said they were good.
There are so many new building systems coming out now that you can not keep up with it all.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I've not used them or seen them being used anywhere yet apart from on TV. They looked pretty good.
I saw some builders using another sort of block in Milton Keynes a few years ago that looked similar to Thermalites that they glued together. One of the fellas I was working with had used the same kind of thing in Germany and said they were good.
There are so many new building systems coming out now that you can not keep up with it all.
We used some here a few years ago, but the muck drops through and defeats the object of them, I can`t beleive they now put it on with a roller. lol
Concrete ones are two handed, clay are one hand easy, but with them there is no side joints just tags.

Last edited by jdr; Oct 16th 2009 at 4:12 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the *part-build-it using questionable brickie skills, leave open (or preferably shuttered using old doors) for anything from a month to six years, allowing part-time occupancy for cars, hens, etc., to be completed for residency by humans <sigh> whenever* is one of these new systems, being trialed extensively in Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.