British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Completing the Tasa 790/052 from the UK for a Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/completing-tasa-790-052-uk-visa-950749/)

Algorfa1950 Feb 19th 2024 3:22 pm

Completing the Tasa 790/052 from the UK for a Visa

We are applying for a Spanish NLV and although we have a company helping us with the paperwork, she has more or less left us high and dry after paying her a lot of money because she said I ask too many questions and have been questioning the process (well you do when you are not sure what you are doing?).

Basically we are near the end of the process but she sent us some Tasa 790/052 Forms filled in for each of me and my husband which she said we need to take with us to the Appointment at the Consulate but she never said whether these are just guidance notes to complete the Actual ones online and pay the fee online at the same time but I have a feeling that is what we are required to do.

Am I correct? Or can we just take the ones she completed and pay the Tasa fee at the Consulate although I believe the correct region has to be selected on the form online? Is that correct ?

tebo53 Feb 19th 2024 6:05 pm

Re: Completing the Tasa 790/052 from the UK for a Visa

If you are uk passport holders You have to apply for a visa from the Spanish consulate in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. They will not accept applications from a third party. You have to submit the application and be available for any interviews. You will need to prove an income of €28,800 for the first application plus around €7,000 for each additional family member. You will all need full healthcare.
some companies say they can help in a lot of direction but they are only after your money, so beware!!!!

Steve

Algorfa1950 Feb 19th 2024 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by tebo53 (Post 13241394)
If you are uk passport holders You have to apply for a visa from the Spanish consulate in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. They will not accept applications from a third party. You have to submit the application and be available for any interviews. You will need to prove an income of €28,800 for the first application plus around €7,000 for each additional family member. You will all need full healthcare.
some companies say they can help in a lot of direction but they are only after your money, so beware!!!!

Steve

Yes I am aware of the rogue companies, the one we chose I thought was OK as I had read some good reviews. However, I know all about the proof of income and that we have to submit the applications each individually. We have done most of the paperwork now and are awaiting for the Apostile documents to come back and they have been translated. We are applying for our S1 as we are retired and can use the S1 to cover our healthcare once we get there but the company we have been using just sent us the Tasa forms filled in with our details but never said if we needed to complete these personally on line and to pay the fee on line so we can download the forms to take with us to the interview. I just wanted to clarify that that was the case and that we couldn't just take the forms she sent to us to the interview to be paid whilst there ?

tebo53 Feb 19th 2024 6:33 pm

You will need to prove healthcare, either by S1 or private at the time of application for your NLV.

Steve

Algorfa1950 Feb 19th 2024 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by tebo53 (Post 13241400)
You will need to prove healthcare, either by S1 or private at the time of application for your NLV.

Steve

Yes I know, I have proven it, I have applied (both of us) and got our S1's ready, we still have to register them online with the INSS (that is going to be fun!), but in the meantime, I just need to know if I have to complete these TASA forms online, or whether I can take the forms she gave me already filled in with our details.

Does anyone else know what I do with these Tasa 790/052 forms before I attend the Consulate?

TIA

Can anyone tell me if you have to go a second time to collect your Visas or do they send them back with your passport when they have made their decision?

rspltd Feb 20th 2024 6:38 am

I don’t know the process but I would be staggered if you didn’t’ have to make another appointment . It wouldn’t be Spain otherwise would it?

snikpoh Feb 20th 2024 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Algorfa1950 (Post 13241401)
Yes I know, I have proven it, I have applied (both of us) and got our S1's ready, we still have to register them online with the INSS (that is going to be fun!), but in the meantime, I just need to know if I have to complete these TASA forms online, or whether I can take the forms she gave me already filled in with our details.

Does anyone else know what I do with these Tasa 790/052 forms before I attend the Consulate?

TIA

Can anyone tell me if you have to go a second time to collect your Visas or do they send them back with your passport when they have made their decision?

I don't think the S1 can be registered online - I tried recently. I have a Cl@ve and a digital signature but there was no way of doing it. In the end I had to attend the INSS and even then they got it wrong and I had to send more paperwork!

Barriej Feb 20th 2024 7:53 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 13241466)
I don't think the S1 can be registered online - I tried recently. I have a Cl@ve and a digital signature but there was no way of doing it. In the end I had to attend the INSS and even then they got it wrong and I had to send more paperwork!

You can pre register them online without a clave or a digital sig..
It's a bit complex and from memory either here or the other forum had a walk through sometime ago.
Some friends of the wife have just done theirs from the uk..
This needs to be done as its a condition of the NLV or it was in their case. They had to show pre approval before the consulate interview.

Algorfa1950 Feb 20th 2024 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Barriej (Post 13241467)
You can pre register them online without a clave or a digital sig..
It's a bit complex and from memory either here or the other forum had a walk through sometime ago.
Some friends of the wife have just done theirs from the uk..
This needs to be done as its a condition of the NLV or it was in their case. They had to show pre approval before the consulate interview.

Yes I already printed off the instructions for registering the S1 on the INSS online and yes it is complicated but I was more interested in whether I need to complete the TASA tax forms online and pay the fee online READY for the Consultate appointment, or whether I can take the forms with me filled out but the fee not paid until I get to the Consultate.

Fred James Feb 20th 2024 9:21 am

In Spain if applying for anything that requires a payment, the procedure is to pay at a bank and get them to receipt the form. The various offices have no means to accept payments. I am guessing that a similar procedure would apply in your case at the Embassy. There must be a way of prepaying in the UK - best to ask the embassy.

Algorfa1950 Feb 20th 2024 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 13241489)
In Spain if applying for anything that requires a payment, the procedure is to pay at a bank and get them to receipt the form. The various offices have no means to accept payments. I am guessing that a similar procedure would apply in your case at the Embassy. There must be a way of prepaying in the UK - best to ask the embassy.

Well I did think about just taking the forms completed as they are to the Consulate and see if I can pay it there but I did read somewhere that it is only when you complete the form online with your address and region that it infills the correct amount you have to pay, so I am thinking that perhaps you have to do it before you attend the NLV interview at the Consulate.

Barriej Feb 20th 2024 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Algorfa1950 (Post 13241472)
Yes I already printed off the instructions for registering the S1 on the INSS online and yes it is complicated but I was more interested in whether I need to complete the TASA tax forms online and pay the fee online READY for the Consultate appointment, or whether I can take the forms with me filled out but the fee not paid until I get to the Consultate.

Yes. you have to have completed everything and paid for the forms etc otherwise you risk being sent away.

We have sets of, well wont call them friends who have done the NLV route in the last few months.
One set used an agent here in Spain (the company have for years sorted their tax for the rental of the villa they own) and the other set did everything themselves.
The difference was zero except for the £2,000 one set were charged for the pleasure..

Here are the instructions to pay the fees.
https://entretramites.com/en/immigra...ration-fee-052
And again from the government.
https://sede.administracionespublica...ctorio/tasa052

Fred James Feb 20th 2024 11:38 am

That's what you would do if applying in Spain. No idea how you would do it in the UK. As I said, ask the embassy. There are probably very few members of this forum who have been through the NLV process. Most current residents applied in Spain prior to Brexit or under the Withdrawal Agreement rules. When you do get an answer it will be of help to future NLV applicants.

Brexit - the gift that keeps giving!

Algorfa1950 Feb 20th 2024 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Barriej (Post 13241513)
Yes. you have to have completed everything and paid for the forms etc otherwise you risk being sent away.

We have sets of, well wont call them friends who have done the NLV route in the last few months.
One set used an agent here in Spain (the company have for years sorted their tax for the rental of the villa they own) and the other set did everything themselves.
The difference was zero except for the £2,000 one set were charged for the pleasure..

Here are the instructions to pay the fees.
https://entretramites.com/en/immigra...ration-fee-052
And again from the government.
https://sede.administracionespublica...ctorio/tasa052

I think I will wait until I can get my S1 which seems to be the most difficult thing of the lot ! No one tells you that they demand you send a copy of your State Pension Award letter which in my case was 12 yrs ago and of course I have moved since then and the letter has been lost. I asked if I could send an annual DWP Pension increase letter which obviously you wouldn't get if nyou were not receiving a pension and they said no, they need to see the actual letter or at least know the date of the first payment of pension which surprise surprise, the DWP couldn't tell me !:unsure: Yet they can request a copy of the letter, which by the way didn't materialise and I have had to chase a second request. At this point I am doubting I will secure my Appointment with the Consulate before my Medical Certificate expires because of the time delays by the Overseas Dept ! It seems the Tasa forms will be the least of my problems but thanks for the advice.:thumb:

PoloMarco Feb 20th 2024 12:53 pm

This is my experience of NLV self-managed that was submitted at London Consulate before they started using BLS to handle appointment etc.

The form 790-052 was completed online and downloaded as it generated a unique barcode. Impossible to say whether the ones you were supplied are correct or not. If in doubt do it again and take both supplied and your own completed one. The fee was paid at the consulate together with the visa application fee. Didn’t pay before.

A second visit was required to collect the visa as it was mandatory in London to leave the passport during the process. Manchester and Edinburgh were a little different at the time. You could leave prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope for them to return it.

This may be different now with BLS handling the application initially.

Here is a link to London process (you’ll find others in Google)

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consul...lucrativa.aspx

There are some excellent online groups that have more relevant experience than on here. Send me a PM if required. Good luck!