Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Competa Clinic anyone used it?

Competa Clinic anyone used it?

Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Competa Clinic anyone used it?

I've been carrying around some of my pool in my right ear for a week or so now and having tried various ear drops and potions figure that it isn't going to empty by itself.

So a trip to the clinic is necessary. Went up there this morning but couldn't figure out what the system was to get seen and there was no receptionist manning the desk to ask. So after hanging around for half an hour or so during which time nothing much appeared to happen we left.

What's the normal procedure for getting seen at this clinic. Do you simply turn up and wait for the queue of people there before you to be seen, or is there normally someone on the desk and you book in to see the doctor. The Competa website doesn't offer much help only really giving details of opening times and contact numbers.

Thx
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:31 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Competa Clinic anyone used it?

Only been a couple of times but will offer what help I can ... if you have the EHIC card you do need to just arrive and produce 2 copies (I think or it could be just 1) and ask the guy (doesn't speak English and shrugs a lot) to see a dr. You're then given some paperwork and told to wait your turn and he usually points out who you are behind. If, on the other hand, you have a Spanish health card then you can call to make an appointment.

Not sure why nobody was manning the desk, maybe it's the August holiday thing Other than that, the dr we saw was very nice but again not much English.

Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Could well have been a Monday morning thing I suppose.

We popped into a private clinic in Torrxx, the one next to Hotel Riu. Saw a doctor straight away who looked in my ear and prescribed some ear drops to soften things up prior to washing them out. Back tomorrow lunchtime so should be hearing again on both sides tomorrow afternoon :-)
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:39 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Well done, at least you can hear again

Mmm, speaking of Torrox, a trip down to Jings could be on the cards shortly
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JnK
Well done, at least you can hear again

Mmm, speaking of Torrox, a trip down to Jings could be on the cards shortly
The best thing about Jings is the walk along the promenade to it and back again afterwards. The food is ok but not great. Asian Ben's in Nerja is streets ahead.