Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

community charges - costa del sol area

community charges - costa del sol area

Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

gyork0206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default community charges - costa del sol area

we are still trying to decide between two areas to relocate - costa Blanca South and costa del sol - can anyone give me an idea on the differences in community charges in the areas such as quesada / mijas / la duquesa

I know it's probably a question better answered when we are there but we just want an idea of the differences in

community tax
local tax
bin collection etc as it seems almost impossible to get this information from real
estate agents
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: community charges - costa del sol area

I cannot give you the answer here but, each community is different as are the local taxes, so you may need to think of a town then ask again. IBI or rates will change from town hall to town hall (Ayuntamiento) equally as does road tax, water bill etc.

So as you can see unless you have an exact area and community it will be very difficult to get a precise answer.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

we are looking at two areas quesada in costa Blanca and la duquesa in costa del sol

I know the costs vary just wondering by roughly how much so we can factor this in to our costings
Old Jun 8th 2014, 10:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gyork0206
we are looking at two areas quesada in costa Blanca and la duquesa in costa del sol

I know the costs vary just wondering by roughly how much so we can factor this in to our costings
Where we lived in Playa Flamenca, the community charges varied between €350 a year to €2,000. it really depended on what was available. Golfing areas tended to be higher as service charges often included the right to use the golf course, and we alwo found that the high rise buildings were more expensive, usually due to the maintenance costs of lifts etc.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: community charges - costa del sol area

we are still trying to decide between two areas to relocate - costa Blanca South and costa del sol - can anyone give me an idea on the differences in community charges in the areas such as quesada / mijas / la duquesa

I know it's probably a question better answered when we are there but we just want an idea of the differences in

community tax
local tax
bin collection etc as it seems almost impossible to get this information from real
estate agents
There is not an easy answer to this question as every Town Hall charges different taxes depending how large your house is and where it is; ranging from IBI for example 60€ a year in an inland village to thousands on the coast. Same with water, car tax and rubbish collection. Best to find somewhere you like and ask at the Town Hall.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Where we lived in Playa Flamenca, the community charges varied between €350 a year to €2,000. it really depended on what was available. Golfing areas tended to be higher as service charges often included the right to use the golf course, and we alwo found that the high rise buildings were more expensive, usually due to the maintenance costs of lifts etc.
thanks that's very helpful, we are looking for an apartment (2 bedroom) not necessarily close to golf (but would be nice), don't want high rise with the maintenance costs as you said.

Can I ask, what is playa flamenca like in the winter time (weather wise and shops etc)
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
There is not an easy answer to this question as every Town Hall charges different taxes depending how large your house is and where it is; ranging from IBI for example 60€ a year in an inland village to thousands on the coast. Same with water, car tax and rubbish collection. Best to find somewhere you like and ask at the Town Hall.
thanks, that's what we will be doing also, but thought i would ask you guys as I know some of you live in these areas
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

thanks that's very helpful, we are looking for an apartment (2 bedroom) not necessarily close to golf (but would be nice), don't want high rise with the maintenance costs as you said.

Can I ask, what is playa flamenca like in the winter time (weather wise and shops etc)
weaher is quite nice, and there is plaenty of good shopping, particularly at the new La Zenia cantre, which is only about 5 mins away by car. There are loads of supermarkets as well.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
weaher is quite nice, and there is plaenty of good shopping, particularly at the new La Zenia cantre, which is only about 5 mins away by car. There are loads of supermarkets as well.
thanks, sounds good, seriously considering the quesada and alicante area as there seems to be a good variety of things to do and also the weather looks ok, not too hot and quite mild winters compared to Scotland and transport links to Barcelona (where family are moving to)