Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Community Associations

Community Associations

Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Default Community Associations

Just like to wave the flag for these local organisations.

For a ridiculously small annual membership fee (less than 40 euro in my case) these local groups organise such useful things as tarmacing (is that spelt correctly?) roads, street lighting, sorting out problems with neighbours (well trying to) and any other local matters that might need attention. They have regular meetings and of course, the more people subscribe, the more they can achieve.

Even non residents benefit from their efforts so its worth showing an interest in this traditional way of handling local issues (bit like the Parish Council I suppose).

I believe they may be able to help with issues concerning urbanisation too.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Community Associations

Originally Posted by susique
Just like to wave the flag for these local organisations.

For a ridiculously small annual membership fee (less than 40 euro in my case) these local groups organise such useful things as tarmacing (is that spelt correctly?) roads, street lighting, sorting out problems with neighbours (well trying to) and any other local matters that might need attention. They have regular meetings and of course, the more people subscribe, the more they can achieve.

Even non residents benefit from their efforts so its worth showing an interest in this traditional way of handling local issues (bit like the Parish Council I suppose).

I believe they may be able to help with issues concerning urbanisation too.

We joined ourselves in Pago when we first came but they have done absolutely nothing, no meetings or anything and the roads were appalling so this year we didnĀ“t pay.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

We wanted to join but were told we couldn't as our road wasn't in the area. It was just our road so we thought that maybe our neighbours had elected not to join before we moved in which is a shame!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I find it very interesting that, with local elections this year, suddenly ALL the local political parties are helping you register for voting, opening local offices, holding regular locla meetings etc. will these just disappear after the elections.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I find it very interesting that, with local elections this year, suddenly ALL the local political parties are helping you register for voting, opening local offices, holding regular locla meetings etc. will these just disappear after the elections.
Yes without a doubt they are only after your vote