British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Communities General Meetings. That do not give you “gato por liebre” (pig in a poke). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/communities-general-meetings-do-not-give-you-%E2%80%9Cgato-por-liebre%E2%80%9D-pig-poke-865865/)

ALVALVA Sep 28th 2015 10:05 pm

Communities General Meetings. That do not give you “gato por liebre” (pig in a poke).

Communities General Meetings. That do not give you “gato por liebre” (pig in a poke).

It is a very typical Spanish expression, which is applied to the actions of some persons who assume some times the owners representation.

It is important that all the owners know the LPH (Ley de propiedad Horizontal) and the Bylaws of his community. They contain the basic rules by which the Communities are ruled.
Since some owners do not know them, there happen strange things, which allow that some persons should be kept in the representation positions, almost of for life.

Today we can explain some rules that it is important that they are known.

Assistance to the General meetings
- the positions of President and Vice-presidents can never be delegates with a proxy.
- If at a Meeting the President cannot be present, it will be replaced by the Vice-president, if it exists in the Community.
- If at a Meeting neither the President nor the Vice-president can be present, it will be replaced by a President who will be chosen between the owners who are present at the Meeting, who will sign the record of the Meeting.
- The owners can delegate in any person, in writing and signing, indicating for what meeting (date) they give the representation.
- If there are no volunteers for the renovation of the positions of President and Vice-president, they will cover for drawing between the owners, be or do not be present at the Meeting.
- The Meetings summits, has to be summoned in term, indicating the one who summons it, in 1st and 2nd calls, if there is no quorum in the 1st call, and with an agenda.

Installation of wifi in Communities.
- Only those owners who vote "IF" in the Meeting, are forced to pay his installation and the annual maintenance.
- For it all those, who do not vote IF, that is to say, those who are abstained, ó vote NOT, ó are not present, they are not forced to it. The installation will be paid those who vote "IF".
- It will happen to be a community installation, and if in some moment another owner who has not voted IF, it wants to join, will be able to do it paying the initial cost that had corresponded to him with the legal interests.

They will follow more curiosities.
If someone wants to do some question, I can give him my best opinion.
Good night

Juntas de Comunidades. Que no te den gato por liebre.

Es una expresión muy típica española, que se aplica a las actuaciones de muchas personas que se arrogan la representatividad de los propietarios.

Es importante que todos los propietarios conociesen la LPH (la Ley de Propiedad Horizontal) y los Estatutos de su comunidad. Ellos contienen las reglas básicas por las que se rigen las Comunidades.

Como no las conocen, pasan cosas extrañas, que permiten que algunas personas se mantengan en los puestos de representación, casi de por vida.

Hoy podemos explicar algunas reglas que es importante que se conozcan.

Asistencia a Juntas
- Nunca los puestos de Presidente y Vicepresidentes pueden ser delegados.
- Si a una Junta no puede asistir el Presidente, será sustituido por el Vicepresidente, si existe en la Comunidad.
- Si a una Junta no puede asistir el Presidente ni el Vicepresidente, será sustituido por un Presidente que será elegido entre los propietarios que asistan a la Junta, quien firmará el acta de la Junta.
- Los propietarios pueden delegar en cualquier persona, por escrito y firmando, indicando para que Junta y fecha dan la representación.
- Si no hay voluntarios para la renovación de los puestos de Presidente y Vicepresidente, se cubrirán por sorteo entre los propietarios, estén ó no presentes en la Junta.
- La convocatorias de las Juntas, tiene que ser convocadas en plazo, indicando quien la convoca, en 1ª y 2ª convocatoria si no hay quórum en la 1ª, y con un orden del día.

Instalación de wifi en Comunidades.
- Solo están obligados a pagar su instalación y el mantenimiento anual, aquellos propietarios que voten “SI” en la Junta. Por ello todos aquellos, que no voten SI, es decir, los que se abstengan, ó voten NO, ó no estén presentes, no están obligados a ello. La instalación pagada por los que voten “SI”, pasará a ser instalación comunitaria, y si en algún momento otro propietario que no haya votado SI, quiere unirse, lo podrá hacer pagando el coste inicial que le hubiese correspondido con los intereses legales.

Seguirán más curiosidades.
Si alguien quiere hacer alguna pregunta ó cuestión puedo darle mi opinión.
Buenas noches

Luz liver Sep 29th 2015 2:06 pm

Re: Communities General Meetings. That do not give you “gato por liebre” (pig in a po

Whatever translation has been used here "SI" has been translated as if and not yes. It makes sense for people to vote yes but not to vote if.

ALVALVA Sep 29th 2015 2:21 pm

Re: Communities General Meetings. That do not give you “gato por liebre” (pig in a po

Many thanks. Ussualy I use an initial internet translator, and before to send it, I check it, but I accept my terrible mistake. Instead "IF", must be "YES", and then only the people that vote "YES" are forced to pay the investment and the maintenance.Alberto

Luz liver Sep 29th 2015 2:37 pm

I hope you don't think I was being critical. I thought the post was excellent and wanted everyone to understand it.:goodpost:

olivia Sep 29th 2015 4:26 pm

[QUOTE=Luz liver;11760695]I hope you don't think I was being critical. I thought the post was excellent and wanted everyone to understand it.:goodpost:[/QUOTE
I too enjoy reading your posts and like the fact that you take the trouble to present your interpretation in English.
IS...'Gato por libre' similar to 'Let the cat out' sometimes even 'Let the cat out of the bag'
This would mean that you are telling something others would wish to remain secret.
'A pig in a poke' is something that might be poor or a bad buy. Perhaps a car you bought that has given bad service and you regret buying.

MikeJ Oct 1st 2015 7:04 pm

I'm not sure I fully understand your reasoning for the WiFi situation. Does this only apply to WiFi or does it apply to other services? Under which horizontal property law? Does this mean that you do not have to pay for any service you have not voted for?
Surely in your example the WiFi would not become a community asset unless it has been agreed at an AGM/EGM with a unanimous vote? If a group of owners, or even an individual, decide to provide a WiFi shared service then this would not be subject to community rules and would be a private service (unless it needed access to community infrastructure).

Kath Las Colinas Oct 6th 2015 7:57 am

I just wondered if any one could answer this: is there a maximum number of proxies that any one person can hold? If not you could have the situation where the administrators hold so many proxies that they can make sure that they are never voted out of the job.
Kath

MikeJ Oct 6th 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas (Post 11765808)
I just wondered if any one could answer this: is there a maximum number of proxies that any one person can hold? If not you could have the situation where the administrators hold so many proxies that they can make sure that they are never voted out of the job.
Kath

AFAIK proxies would be for a particular meeting not forever. AFAIK, Horizontal property law requires an AGM at which the officers and administration need to be appointed or reconfirmed. Therefore the administrator proxy would apply at that AGM but a new mandate would be needed for the next AGM.

ALVALVA Oct 7th 2015 5:26 pm

1º.- The only item that you are not obliged to pay yhe instalation and the maintenance, is the wifi, according a special regulation according at the Ley 8/2013, Art. 17.1 .Other services, will be in function of the ) votes, and the LPH ¿Ley de Propieda Horizontal?, explain perfectly this matter2º.- Any person can represent to you, with a proxy, and there is not any limitation. regards