Colour blind

Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:43 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colour blind

Hi

It's wonderful being blue/green colourblind - there are trafic lights I will swear are blue - and blue grass takes on a different meaning.

And yes - knowing the light at the top is red is legal !!!!

Davexf
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:36 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting replies. I don’t know if I was born with it, but I know I was born a real bastard, so I can’t answer the hereditary question on one side at least. When I was tested for the first time in my early twenties, I passed, but the tests were of such low quality that a blind man would probably have passed them.

I think it developed much later, without me noticing it, although I may have potted the blue instead of a red on a couple of occasions, but that was probably down to my snooker skills.

During the flower power days my fancy ties were never commented on, but after that some ladies used to comment of my choice of colours, but I was never fashion conscious and just shrugged my shoulders.

It came on slowly, the colours similar to red all became red, and there was only one shade of blue, that’s about all I remember until my swimming pool turned brown and green.

I’ve got some lovely blue roses in my garden, and a load of pink ones too. I usually present ‘er indoors with a pink one on St Valentine’s day, and she gets the hump.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:59 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
My wife thinks it’s funny, when we went out yesterday she told me that my green socks didn’t go with my blue trousers and brown shoes. I changed the shoes.
lol, my OH is very fashion concious and that would be a hoot if I could do that.

Originally Posted by HBG
During the flower power days my fancy ties were never commented on, but after that some ladies used to comment of my choice of colours, but I was never fashion conscious and just shrugged my shoulders.
lol.

I'm a commercial printer so my job and therefore livelyhood relies on me having built up a very good eye for minute detail in colour changes. I can see how from time to time it could be ammusing but honestly must be very difficult as you say when it comes to clothes shopping.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Commonest form of colour blindness is red/blue,
I'm colour blind and have always been told it's Red/Green. Because of this defficiency I actually hold a Hong Kong ships Masters Ticket that is restricted to daylight hours only.

If you are genuinely interested try this:

http://www.colblindor.com/2009/01/06...lor-blindness/

Jim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:58 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mean this as offensive or as a pi** take but.........do you see films in 3D with 3D galsses or do they not make any difference?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:49 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

What are 3D galsses.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
He asked, I answered. But I haven't started into the correct spelling of COLOUR yet.., These colonial types..
Interestingly, Americans use older English words that were used in the Early Modern English era and fell out of favor in England

Originally Posted by chulo
What are 3D galsses.
Ask him what galsses are
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:15 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Interestingly, Americans use older English words that were used in the Early Modern English era and fell out of favor in England Ask him what galsses are
I tink day are tings you dlink your dlink from..... or else tings you frook loo to pee better........
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:43 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
I'm colour blind and have always been told it's Red/Green. Because of this defficiency I actually hold a Hong Kong ships Masters Ticket that is restricted to daylight hours only.

If you are genuinely interested try this:

http://www.colblindor.com/2009/01/06...lor-blindness/

Jim
That’s very interesting, Jim. I was dimly aware that my colour recognition wasn’t what it should be, but left it at that for years.

I didn’t connect it with my vision when it’s dark, but knew that I daren’t drive at dusk, or early sunrise, because it was dangerous. At the time an optician analysed something like dusk-blindness and prescribed spectacles that didn’t make a blind bit of difference.

However, when it’s really dark, I feel quite happy driving.

Jokingly, or otherwise, I do eat a lot of carrots and broccoli, almost every day, I seem to crave them for some reason.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:56 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
That’s very interesting, Jim. I was dimly aware that my colour recognition wasn’t what it should be, but left it at that for years.

I didn’t connect it with my vision when it’s dark, but knew that I daren’t drive at dusk, or early sunrise, because it was dangerous. At the time an optician analysed something like dusk-blindness and prescribed spectacles that didn’t make a blind bit of difference.

However, when it’s really dark, I feel quite happy driving.

Jokingly, or otherwise, I do eat a lot of carrots and broccoli, almost every day, I seem to crave them for some reason.

Carry on eating the carrots etc, it is good for your eyesight, I have never seen a rabbit wearing glasses.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:32 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JLFS
[/COLOR][/B]

Carry on eating the carrots etc, it is good for your eyesight, I have never seen a rabbit wearing glasses.
I haven't seen a lot of them driving about either!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:23 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by chulo
What are 3D galsses.
You've never watched a 3D film before in the cinema?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

"To generalize"....I've always found Spanish manual workers to be "less than" in all departments, apart from going for long coffee/lunch breaks and finishing each day early, and stretching each job out for ever, with constant demands for more mullah. We have a team of Hungarians who work hard, get the job done, for an agreed amount of both time and monies, and if there are any problems, look for solutions. As I said, (before the racism storm starts)...."to generalize".
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

I didn't know I was colour blind until I joined the Army as a radio tech. I went through the colour testing book and they found out I had a degree of Red/Green colour blindness. They then did tests using pin point coloured lights of varying intensity and decided it was acceptable.

Yes I have watched 3D movies using the specs and as far as I am concerned I had no problems. In my case shades of red and green tend to become shades of grey and thus indistinguishable in poor lighting conditions

Chances are that a large proportion of those of you reading this are also partially colour blind. It does have some good points as I can always claim it as a mitigating factor when asked to decide which of any two dresses etc. I prefer - and get it wrong.

Jim
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
"To generalize"....I've always found Spanish manual workers to be "less than" in all departments, apart from going for long coffee/lunch breaks and finishing each day early, and stretching each job out for ever, with constant demands for more mullah. We have a team of Hungarians who work hard, get the job done, for an agreed amount of both time and monies, and if there are any problems, look for solutions. As I said, (before the racism storm starts)...."to generalize".
Well if you stretch a job out longer, that's more money for you though for the customer, that's more of an expense.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.