Cold in winter

Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all
Default Cold in winter

HI,
Can you tell me if spain is really cold in the winter months!!!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cold in winter

Depends where you are,

Here in Marbella, it doesnt get that cold. The apartments can get cold with the marble floor though.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Originally Posted by j0197
Depends where you are,

Here in Marbella, it doesnt get that cold. The apartments can get cold with the marble floor though.
Hi,
I am moving about 25 to 30 minutes inland from marbella and was told you need some heating not sure if i get a log burning fire in the house or hot and cold air con, i will be moving to a typical spanish house with thick walls so unsure if i should get heating put in.
Thanks For taking time to reply
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,
I am moving about 25 to 30 minutes inland from marbella and was told you need some heating not sure if i get a log burning fire in the house or hot and cold air con, i will be moving to a typical spanish house with thick walls so unsure if i should get heating put in.
Certainly in Nth Costa Blanca its very chilly at night and heating is essential. We have a log burning fire in the lounge, warm air aircon & I am going to buy a couple of gas bottle heaters to be safe.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Certainly in Nth Costa Blanca its very chilly at night and heating is essential. We have a log burning fire in the lounge, warm air aircon & I am going to buy a couple of gas bottle heaters to be safe.
Yeah thats what i thought of doing, even though Costa del sol is meant to be warm i think if our body adjust to the warm and the cold we will find it chilly
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:05 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Hi

I live inland from Cadiz and we have a very old house, with very thick walls they were designed by the Arabs to be cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We dont need air con, and heating in the winter is minimal just a portable gas heater or an electric one. I hope that helps

Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Hi

I live inland from Cadiz and we have a very old house, with very thick walls they were designed by the Arabs to be cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We dont need air con, and heating in the winter is minimal just a portable gas heater or an electric one. I hope that helps

Thank you for your replys and help
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

HI,
Can you tell me if spain is really cold in the winter months!!!!!!
Well I must admit last winter there was one day when there was a very slight covering of ice on a puddle on the waste ground opposite, but gone before 9am. Plants that would be frost tender and die off in about October keep flowering outside through the winter. However we are on the Costa Blanca, if you went inland 6 miles, then they had a few slight snow coverings, enough for people from here to go out to see the snow.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

jaldridge is an unknown quantity at this point

Last winter was freezing! We live 2 minutes from the coast and when you get a little bit of wind you really start to feel the cold.

Log fire or heating and rugs are essentials in the winter...we'll be installing central heating for this winter...no doubt about it.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

We will be living 40 mins inland Marbella this winter in a typical village house. Yes it does get cold when the sun goes down. To help keep the chill off we put down extra rugs, use a portable calor gas heater and from time to time electric radiators. But wouldn't be without the heated under blanket brought over from the U.K.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by casa del sol
We will be living 40 mins inland Marbella this winter in a typical village house. Yes it does get cold when the sun goes down. To help keep the chill off we put down extra rugs, use a portable calor gas heater and from time to time electric radiators. But wouldn't be without the heated under blanket brought over from the U.K.
Hi,
Thanks for everyone's advice i gather i really should get some sort of heating thought i might just was not sure.
Thanks Guys
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Hi,
Thanks for everyone's advice i gather i really should get some sort of heating thought i might just was not sure.
Thanks Guys
We're about 90 miles inland from San Javier.....and it gets very b****y cold!
Last year they had a fair bit of snow...but it doesn't hang about for days like uk.
Attached Thumbnails Cold in winter-fichero_521_1_20060128.jpg  

Last edited by maryg; Aug 25th 2006 at 5:25 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks Guys
I don't like the gas burners, mainly because you can use alot and I hate the smell. I brought a log burner and found it much better, and wood wasn't that expensive and being inland you might find it cheaper. I'm slightly in the mountains, so the temperature does drop. Electricity is expensive so may look at that with regard to the air con etc, I manage without it, even in summer, but then again I like the heat. I don't like central heating, and even in it have the window open, so if you are like that make sure you have plenty of blankets, lol.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I don't like the gas burners, mainly because you can use alot and I hate the smell. .
I agree, and our main source will be the log fire & aircon but the gas burners will be a backup, maybe one in the hallway
Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Its strange really, you think how can it get cold its much hotter in the winter than UK, but when you get acclimatised to the heat in summer, you really do notice the difference
Its a good excuse for a cuddle though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.