Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COASTAL LAW (ley de costas) caution if within 500m of sea

COASTAL LAW (ley de costas) caution if within 500m of sea

Old May 10th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

cliff is an unknown quantity at this point
Post COASTAL LAW (ley de costas) caution if within 500m of sea

The coastal law says that if your property is built on sand it could be declared inside the public domain and automatically you lose ownership even if the property was built legally and built before 1988 when the law came into force. It does not matter if it is more than 100 meters from the sea even, the definition of the coastal public domain is draconian.
You do not get any monetary compensation only a concession to continue living there until you die. You cannot sell as it no longer belongs to you.
I suggest that no one should buy property within 500 meters of the sea unless they get a statement from the environment ministry in Spain saying that they are not going to include the property inside the public domain.

Take this warning seriously, we have lost ownership of our house and there are an ever increasing number of people affected by this law.

There is now a group called the “Plataforma National de Afectados de la Ley de Costas”
afectadosleydecostas.com who are trying to oppose the abusive application of this law.

They are looking for people who have been affected by this law especially British people so they can continue exposing this scandal in the British press and apply pressure on the Spanish government via our MEP`s in Brussels.

[email protected] English speaking group

www.afectadosleydecostas.com
Old May 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: COASTAL LAW (ley de costas) caution if within 500m of sea

This is an appeal to British people either living in or associated with, the NORTH EAST of ENGLAND whom have properties in Spain affected by the Spanish Coastal Law or the Land Grab issue.
A local UK Independent Television company is planning a program for later in 2008 and need genuine stories from people affected by the “ley de costas 1988” or the land grab issue. If you think you can help send me a personal message to me.

Cliff.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

something tells me you have posted in the wrong section.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is a very serious issue both for those losing their houses and for those who care about protecting the coastline, but I keep sniggering because the man whose house was too close to the sea is called Cliff.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff
This is an appeal to British people either living in or associated with, the NORTH EAST of ENGLAND whom have properties in Spain affected by the Spanish Coastal Law or the Land Grab issue.
A local UK Independent Television company is planning a program for later in 2008 and need genuine stories from people affected by the “ley de costas 1988” or the land grab issue. If you think you can help send me a personal message to me.

Cliff.

Are you a journalist?
Old May 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it only for Northerners ?
Old May 10th 2008, 6:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Are you a journalist?
Looking like it eh?
Old May 10th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Looking like it eh?
Probably a good thread for those people affected. But perhaps the part of the thread asking for information for a TV programme should be in the media section.
Old May 10th 2008, 7:06 pm
Straw Man.

Probably a good thread for those people affected. But perhaps the part of the thread asking for information for a TV programme should be in the media section.
yep, they usually are............
Old May 10th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Are you a journalist?
No I am not a journalist. Having been stripped of my "patrimnonio" by the ministry of the environment I am trying to help everyone else who is affected (or potentially could be by) the coastal law, and I have made contact with ITV through a notheastern (England) MEP,hence the appeal.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:53 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

I have will not have the problems you have, Cliff, but I do sympathize with you and all in your situation. Good luck with your fight, by the way where is your property????
Old May 11th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by me me
I have will not have the problems you have, Cliff, but I do sympathize with you and all in your situation. Good luck with your fight, by the way where is your property????
The coastal law applies to the whole length of the Spanish coast including “las islas Baleares y Canarias”, we happen to be in the Valencia region.

The main point here is that any person who has done nothing illegal should not be severely punished by taking away the ownership of his/her house without reasonable compensation. This must surely be against European wide rights.

Does anyone out there think that a concession to live in a house that they used to own ,is REASONABLE compensation for loss of ownership of that house? The Spanish constitutional court has ruled that it is!!!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think the law about building a certain distance from the waters edge has been out for years.
Old May 11th 2008, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COASTAL LAW (ley de costas) caution if within 500m of sea

Originally Posted by jdr
I think the law about building a certain distance from the waters edge has been out for years.
Was the law not enacted in 1988 or thereabouts
Old May 11th 2008, 11:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Was the law not enacted in 1988 or thereabouts
I am not sure when, but we looked at some on the beach when we first came over and were told you have to be very careful as there is a law on how close (200 mtrs I think) you can build to the coast.
There must be loads of properties breaching this around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.