Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Club Voyage membership number

Club Voyage membership number

Old Sep 21st 2018, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Club Voyage membership number

I'm planning to take the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao / Santander at the beginning of October, coming with my car.
I think I've seen not long ago a very kind forum member letting somebody use his membership number to save on the cost.
I'm hoping the same person will do the same generous gesture for me.
In any case, I apologise for my request, which even to me looks a bit forward ...
Old Sep 22nd 2018, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Club Voyage membership number

Thank you!
Old Sep 22nd 2018, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

SimonJ22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also did this, well I have booked with a number thanks to a kind member of the forum, however I would hope the member also gains due to the amount of money spent or distance travelled.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

tonisdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Somebody sells on Ebay UK for £3.99 I used it and saved a lump. Only use once though if you buy because they know if you have used it more and I think they can cancel booking!!
I think they get £10 bonus for each booking using number up to a £200 maximum.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonisdad
Somebody sells on Ebay UK for £3.99 I used it and saved a lump. Only use once though if you buy because they know if you have used it more and I think they can cancel booking!!
I think they get £10 bonus for each booking using number up to a £200 maximum.
Disgraceful! No need to pay some shark £3.99! It's this sort of abuse that will get the scheme cancelled.
In my experience if you ask nicely on the forum then some kind member will discretely PM you their number. The member will get a £10 bonus when you book and you will get a 10% discount of the ferry fare (excluding cabin).
Old Oct 1st 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer
Disgraceful! No need to pay some shark £3.99! It's this sort of abuse that will get the scheme cancelled.
In my experience if you ask nicely on the forum then some kind member will discretely PM you their number. The member will get a £10 bonus when you book and you will get a 10% discount of the ferry fare (excluding cabin).
Do you think so? I paid £3.99 and saved £70 or £80 if I could do that on everything keep the sharks coming..........Do you really think the ferry service would cancel the scheme. Maybe if members discretely PMed their number to all and sundry that would be the same would it not?
Hopefully you have PMed your number to the person who enquired.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think so? I paid £3.99 and saved £70 or £80 if I could do that on everything keep the sharks coming..........Do you really think the ferry service would cancel the scheme. Maybe if members discretely PMed their number to all and sundry that would be the same would it not?
Hopefully you have PMed your number to the person who enquired.
But you could have paid nothing and received your discount anyway!

To answer your question though, yes I do think so! If the ferry service thought that the scheme was being abused and codes were being advertised on Ebay it would be easy for the ferry company to identify the member who's codes were for sale. The member might be unaware that some scumbag is selling their code or the member might be selling their own code, either way the member may find that the company impose a sanction on their account.

FYI..... I'm not a club voyager member. I don't travel enough to warrant the cost of joining & maintaining membership. I simply enquired on this forum and a member kindly pm'd me their number. It is not up to me to share the number but the voyager member him/her self. I'm sure that if you had enquired you would have been pm'd a number to use as it's mutually beneficial to both parties.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

To answer your question though, yes I do think so! If the ferry service thought that the scheme was being abused and codes were being advertised on Ebay it would be easy for the ferry company to identify the member who's codes were for sale. The member might be unaware that some scumbag is selling their code or the member might be selling their own code, either way the member may find that the company impose a sanction on their account.

FYI..... I'm not a club voyager member. I don't travel enough to warrant the cost of joining & maintaining membership. I simply enquired on this forum and a member kindly pm'd me their number. It is not up to me to share the number but the voyager member him/her self. I'm sure that if you had enquired you would have been pm'd a number to use as it's mutually beneficial to both parties.

Enjoy your trip!
Yes pretty severe punishment when caught all earned credits for that year removed and suspension of everyone except the member using the number for the remainder of his membership year.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Southwesterly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just repeating the request above - and am aware am being as equally forward... But, if any kind member would be willing to share their code to be used on the Plymouth-Santander crossing in June, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

SW
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

To answer your question though, yes I do think so! If the ferry service thought that the scheme was being abused and codes were being advertised on Ebay it would be easy for the ferry company to identify the member who's codes were for sale.

Enjoy your trip!
Nobody seems to be rushing forward to provide a number for the person who enquired so maybe my £3.99 was not so bad.
Do you really think the ferry company is bothered as long as the ferry is full. Why do you think they pay the code holder each time their code is used by another traveller?
Oh yes out of the goodness of their heartnot to fill the ferry.
Trip was wonderful thank you more so knowing I had made a healthy saving for £3.99.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Southwesterly is an unknown quantity at this point

All sorted. Thanks for the DM
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody seems to be rushing forward to provide a number for the person who enquired so maybe my £3.99 was not so bad.
Do you really think the ferry company is bothered as long as the ferry is full. Why do you think they pay the code holder each time their code is used by another traveller?
Oh yes out of the goodness of their heartnot to fill the ferry.
Trip was wonderful thank you more so knowing I had made a healthy saving for £3.99.
You would not know nor would BF since the BE PM system is designed to be private between correspondents. I am sure the original posters will have been helped to their satisfaction.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

You would not know nor would BF since the BE PM system is designed to be private between correspondents. I am sure the original posters will have been helped to their satisfaction.
Come again?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

SimonJ22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

You would not know nor would the Boring Farts since the British Expat Private Message system is designed to be private between correspondents. *

We have indeed been helped via the BE PM!

* Guessing as I am not the OP**
** Original Poster
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SimonJ22
You would not know nor would the Boring Farts since the British Expat Private Message system is designed to be private between correspondents. *

We have indeed been helped via the BE PM!

* Guessing as I am not the OP**
** Original Poster
Thank you for that Simon....I thought it was something to do with funny handshakes in the written form....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.