British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Clothes shopping in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/clothes-shopping-spain-794503/)

BruceWaine Apr 19th 2013 10:45 am

Clothes shopping in Spain

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for clothes stores in Spain?

Before migrating, I used to shop in M&S, Cotton Traders, Next etc...do they have stores in Spain or would I have to pay a fortune and/or wait an age to get items delivered?

Any comments are welcomed!!

Regards,

Bruce

mrsjdr Apr 19th 2013 12:14 pm

Re: Clothes shopping in Spain

Marks and Spencer and most UK retail shops have branches here, just depends where you live in Spain, but they are in most large shopping centres along the coast

Rosemary Apr 19th 2013 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWaine (Post 10667650)
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for clothes stores in Spain?

Before migrating, I used to shop in M&S, Cotton Traders, Next etc...do they have stores in Spain or would I have to pay a fortune and/or wait an age to get items delivered?

Any comments are welcomed!!

Regards,

Bruce

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

I have not seen any of the UK High Street shops around here but I believe that they are in areas where more Brits have settled.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

lynnxa Apr 19th 2013 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mrsjdr (Post 10667776)
Marks and Spencer and most UK retail shops have branches here, just depends where you live in Spain, but they are in most large shopping centres along the coast

not on this bit of coast..............

the only one we have near us is C&A - & they left the UK about the time we did!!

pete_l Apr 19th 2013 12:49 pm

According to their website, M&S only have one store in mainland Spain and that's in Marbella
Though marksandspencer.es do sell stuff on their website to Spain

jimenato Apr 19th 2013 12:56 pm

There are quite a few Primark and C&A stores around where we are. Primark was packed when we were there the other day.

mikelincs Apr 19th 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 10667819)
There are quite a few Primark and C&A stores around where we are. Primark was packed when we were there the other day.

Primark, C&A and Zara seem to be the biggest chains and seem to be almost everywhere and at least you can get M&S on-line.

Chiclanagir Apr 19th 2013 1:33 pm

M&S and Next are in Gibraltar.

Zara are everywhere but they do tend to stock small sizes which I struggle with.

HeikeundAlan Apr 19th 2013 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 10667878)
M&S and Next are in Gibraltar.

Zara are everywhere but they do tend to stock small sizes which I struggle with.

hard to find any thing that fits once you past a size 16 except in C&A

cricketman Apr 19th 2013 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan (Post 10667900)
hard to find any thing that fits once you past a size 16 except in C&A

If you are past a size 16 then perhaps you should ask the older gypsy women where they get their clothes from ;)

Domino Apr 19th 2013 1:57 pm

Cotton Traders have a Spanish website

We have a C&A in Granada, but you can get good clothing from Cortes Ingles, Hipercor, as well as Lidl and Aldi and many others.
To be honest, your clothing requirements will probably change drastically here, wanting more loose fitting, thinner than you need in the UK - the only time I bring out the UK stuff is in the winter - hopefully over for the next 6months or so.
:fingerscrossed:

lyric030250 Apr 19th 2013 3:44 pm

Apart from Larios where is Primark in particular please.(Malaga province)

jimenato Apr 19th 2013 6:32 pm

Well, the one we go to is in Algeciras (Cadiz) - not too far from the western part of Malaga province.

rachelk Apr 19th 2013 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 10667878)

Zara make clothes for women with very long legs but flat chests.

OrlandoSeaHorse Apr 19th 2013 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by lyric050203 (Post 10668115)
Apart from Larios where is Primark in particular please.(Malaga province)

Store locator: http://www.primark.es/tiendas/ :thumbup: