British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Clothes dryers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/clothes-dryers-877401/)

Kentishladd May 13th 2016 8:13 am

Clothes dryers

Good morning all,
Can anyone recommend an economical clothes dryer?. On days when the sun does not put in an appearance,this would be handy,and more so in the winter. We would prefer not to have wet clothes hanging around the villa.
Thanks.

amideislas May 13th 2016 9:33 am

Re: Clothes dryers

We prefer condenser types. They seem to be much more efficient.

There are many makes, wide range of prices, but the cheaper ones seem to be suspiciously similar to the expensive ones. Much like dishwashers.

But the one brand that seems to stand out as easiest and most reliable is Samsung. Their machines just work so well, and are so simple to use and understand in any language. Amongst the most expensive though.

johnnyone May 13th 2016 2:40 pm

Our Beko was reasonably priced and has worked fine for around 7 years (we only use the house for around 7-8 weeks per year). It has sensor drying that is useful.

pwwm May 13th 2016 3:04 pm

Bought ours from UK 13 years ok, used less than a dozen times, dries so fast outside just dont use it.

Kentishladd May 13th 2016 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm (Post 11947249)
Bought ours from UK 13 years ok, used less than a dozen times, dries so fast outside just dont use it.

Thanks

lyric030250 May 13th 2016 6:18 pm

dries so fast outside just dont use it.
Aren't you the lucky ones, when you have a wet winter and it rains everyday for weeks, then a dryer is essential.

Michalekv May 24th 2016 1:49 am

Hi, sorry to butt in on this conversation. We will be back in Spain in a few weeks. We live around the Oliva-Gandia area. This time I told my husband we have to get a clothes dryer. This may be a silly question but any suggestions on where to get them? Thanks.

Rosemary May 24th 2016 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Michalekv (Post 11954835)
Hi, sorry to butt in on this conversation. We will be back in Spain in a few weeks. We live around the Oliva-Gandia area. This time I told my husband we have to get a clothes dryer. This may be a silly question but any suggestions on where to get them? Thanks.

Gandia has a very large Carrefour and opposite there is a large Media Markt compare the prices between the two.

Rosemary

Grebo May 25th 2016 12:16 pm

We use one to just to fluff up the towels & then let them dry. They turn to cardboard if you leave them out to long.

jonboy May 25th 2016 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by johnnyone (Post 11947233)
Our Beko was reasonably priced and has worked fine for around 7 years (we only use the house for around 7-8 weeks per year). It has sensor drying that is useful.

Not exactly the make I would be looking for given their reputation for selling items that combust.
Faulty appliances put one in seven homes at risk of fire - Telegraph

Beko fridge freezer fire risk: Q&A - Home Appliances - Which? Home & garden

johnnyone May 25th 2016 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by jonboy (Post 11955913)
Not exactly the make I would be looking for given their reputation for selling items that combust.
Faulty appliances put one in seven homes at risk of fire - Telegraph

Beko fridge freezer fire risk: Q&A - Home Appliances - Which? Home & garden

You also would not buy a Bosch, Hotpoint and other makes on that basis.

jonboy May 25th 2016 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by johnnyone (Post 11956106)
You also would not buy a Bosch, Hotpoint and other makes on that basis.

Oh well, fair enough then.

Michalekv May 28th 2016 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 11954906)
Gandia has a very large Carrefour and opposite there is a large Media Markt compare the prices between the two.

Rosemary

Thank you for the response. Appreciate it.