Clothes bank

Old Apr 14th 2019, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Nelwyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clothes bank

Hi everyone,

i have and a huge pile of nearly new or new boys clothes aged 10-11, jeans, tracksuits, shorts, T-shirt’s, swimwear - can anyone recommend a clothes bank I can drop this off to? I live in Esuri so if anyone knows of anywhere close by I will drop off in next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2019, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clothes bank

There used to be a clothing bank in the row of recycling bins by El Jamon store opposite the fish market.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks will check there this week! It’s all almost new , son just grew quickly, but not sure there’s any thing else I can do with it all? Will try and see if the bank is still there- thank you 🙏🏼
Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:17 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nelwyn
Thanks will check there this week! It’s all almost new , son just grew quickly, but not sure there’s any thing else I can do with it all? Will try and see if the bank is still there- thank you 🙏🏼
I think there is a 'bin' opposite the Corvo in Castro Marim to recycle clothes for charity.

I actually dont recall seeing a 'charity shop' around our area. Whereas every high street in the UK seems to have them, it would be good to get these clothes to a good home.

I found this on the web . https://www.thelocal.es/20160712/zar...st-off-clothes

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 15th 2019 at 4:22 am.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Yes just don’t want them all to go to waste! Thank you 😊
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t put them in the recycle bins expecting them to go to charity they get robbed. There is a shop on the slope up to St Augustus’s church on the left at the bottom of the steps. Also Caritas recycle pre used clothes to the needy. There is a collection point for food and maybe clothes at the back of Adultas Education opposite the Emergencias.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if they do get taken from the recycle bin they are still being recycled :-) How I could have forgotten about the charity shop in town I don't know ! I must have given them 40 loads of household things since Dec.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 8:15 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Even if they do get taken from the recycle bin they are still being recycled :-) How I could have forgotten about the charity shop in town I don't know ! I must have given them 40 loads of household things since Dec.
Interesting yes it is still recycling if they steal!

The bins are tamper proof though, you put the clothes in a bin, that swivels and when you close the door they are upended and fall underneath, leaving the bin empty. The clothes are inaccessible. However I suppose if people are desperate enough they could find a way. Ive never considered it before.

Good to hear that there is a charity shop in town and accept products

Jon
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for this!! Charity shop is probably the most straight forward! Great info everyone. Thanks all.