Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clip /Swap Mortgages - Bankinter

Clip /Swap Mortgages - Bankinter

Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Clip /Swap Mortgages - Bankinter

Hello Wendy, Ive just seen your message.

For more info look at this site

http://www.noclip.es/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

or contact [email protected]

You will see from their website that this group have had a lot of success in challenging the banks in court. The lawyer who is co-ordinating it all speaks good english and she's very helpful.

Known as Wonderwoman, her name is Patricia Suárez Ramírez

The Bankinter action is still rumbling on, the group action is due to go to court any minute (it didn't go forward in July last year because a few more people joined the group action). I believe that this action group is probably best way of getting our voices heard and our money back from Bankinter and the other banks. It's likely to take a long time though.

The lawyers fees so far have been in the region of about 2,000 euro for us but the strength is in the action as a 'class action'.

I'd advise anyone who has been conned by any of the banks to contact this group. I have no affiliation with them, other than that Patricia has been really helpful.

I don't KNOW that we will win but this group seems to be our best hope of getting compensation.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Spanishbrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

my name is Daniel and I am a Spaniard resident in London. I have had a lot of friends affected by clips and specially Bankinter splashed on many homebuyers since Bankinter was very aggressive when the clips started being commercialized by Spanish banks.

(SNIP)

The site www.noclip.es is very good and you will find plenty of info and resources.

Also, there are very good lawyers that will help a lot. I can give you the details of one of them who have won all the cases (only lost 1 against La Caixa).

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 21st 2012 at 3:09 pm. Reason: URL removed
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Wink Re: Clip /Swap Mortgages - Bankinter

Hi Cindyp,
Do you have any news on the status of the no win - no fee class action against Bankinter?
I sent Wonderwoman all my documentation shortly after seeing your post and PM and apart from an acknowledgement I have heard nothing since, neither have I been asked for any fees!
I realise that the legal wheels grind extra slow but I just wondered if you've heard anything....!!!

Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

For anyone who needs more information about joining the legal actions against any spanish banks who have sold you a clip mortgage, look at this site:

http://asuapedefin.com/category/entidades/

and

http://www.noclip.es/

Our action against Bankinter was delayed for various reasons but we now hope to be going ahead in the next couple of weeks.

We absolutely could NOT have done it without the Asuapedefin group. We have had to pay for the assistance but it's been done in stages and if we win the case, we should be awarded our legal costs back too.

Our claim is large, about 21,000 euros so it will make a big difference if we are awarded it; and it does look like Bankinter have lost most of the cases so far. Fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mondeo, just seen your post... contact Patricia again, sounds like you've fallen off the radar, she's normally very swift in responding.

However, it's not no win, no fee. But if you do win, your costs are added to the claim...if you lose, I think you have to swallow losing your fees.

But the signs are positive that most judges seem to be awarding against the banks.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

alann is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyp
Mondeo, just seen your post... contact Patricia again, sounds like you've fallen off the radar, she's normally very swift in responding.

However, it's not no win, no fee. But if you do win, your costs are added to the claim...if you lose, I think you have to swallow losing your fees.

But the signs are positive that most judges seem to be awarding against the banks.
Hi Cindy. Just wondering if there has been any progress on your case against BankInter? I'm in the same boat as yourself and many others and considering legal action. Thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alann
Hi Cindy. Just wondering if there has been any progress on your case against BankInter? I'm in the same boat as yourself and many others and considering legal action. Thanks.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 1st 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Alan60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I have just joined this forum, and my wife and I have also been affected by this SWAP scheme. Can anyone tell me if the class action described above against Bankinter was succesfull? We had to pay over 9000 Euros to get out of this scheme, which was decribed to us a fixed rate mortgage.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

I can update you on it -

The court action got delayed and delayed (mainly because Bankinter objected to the first Group action and the group had to split into more specific groups who were sold the same product by the same bank in Chiclana.

We went to court on 27th Feb and our group won our case at Chiclana Court and the judge ordered that the contracts should be nullified and the bank must repay us all back our payments and our costs.

BUT.. as spanish law goes, the bank had a month to appeal and on the last day possible, they appealed so it now has to go back to the High Court in Cadiz. I'm not entirely sure what difference that will make to the verdict.

The original judge was pretty damning in his condemnation of Bankinter and the clip mortgage products and the fact that the bank had sold it and not explained it properly. it was obvious in court that the staff at the bank had not been told how the product worked and the downsides for clients. It was also proved that there were no downsides for the bank and that it was a completely one sided product which only the bank could benefit from and therefore was an unfair product which should not have been sold.

It will cost us a further 2000 euro to go forward but we are going to take it forward. it will take another year but I hope that the outcome will be the same and the bank will have to repay us.

I think they have only appealed because they can do so and it makes life more difficult for the clients affected; they hope we will give up and go away.

Our case was handled by

http://asuapedefin.com/category/entidades/

and

http://www.noclip.es/

I was VERY impressed with all the lawyers there and have no doubt that this group are our best chance of winning the case.
Old May 3rd 2013, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Alan60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks. I shall contact them about our case too.
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan60
Many thanks. I shall contact them about our case too.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary