British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Clear score, unable to access my report. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/clear-score-unable-access-my-report-927629/)

Justaskin Sep 1st 2019 9:31 pm

Clear score, unable to access my report.

I have always been able to access my Clearscore Report.
i was sent an email stating that my new report was available, but when I login, there is a message saying that I could be in a country where the service is unavailable.
Has anyone else experienced problems logging in.

minouette Sep 2nd 2019 6:46 am

Re: Clear score, unable to access my report.

I think it identifies your IP not being in the UK. I had the same problem on other sites.

Loafing Along Sep 2nd 2019 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Justaskin (Post 12730248)
I have always been able to access my Clearscore Report.
i was sent an email stating that my new report was available, but when I login, there is a message saying that I could be in a country where the service is unavailable.
Has anyone else experienced problems logging in.

Use something like Tunnelbear, you can change your IP address to a UK one. You can download and use free for about a month.

el collado kid Sep 2nd 2019 1:23 pm

:confused: could some one please tell me what a clearscore report is please i,ve know idea .many thanks

Loafing Along Sep 2nd 2019 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12730493)
:confused: could some one please tell me what a clearscore report is please i,ve know idea .many thanks

A Credit rating company.

https://www.clearscore.com

el collado kid Sep 2nd 2019 1:35 pm

would not let me check. because i have not had a uk adress for three years ,but it knew my Spanish post code. i know i,m thick but what do you use this for:confused:

Notdunroamin Sep 2nd 2019 2:28 pm

To check how deep they'd let you get into debt!

It's BS anyway as potential lenders will look at your current circumstances and past and present credit record when judging whether to lend or not, there is no 'score' as suggested by the TV ads.

el collado kid Sep 2nd 2019 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 12730528)

It's BS anyway as potential lenders will look at your current circumstances and past and present credit record when judging whether to lend or not, there is no 'score' as suggested by the TV ads.

oh thats why i,ve never used them. many thanks anyway notdunroamin

Justaskin Sep 4th 2019 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 12730528)

That is a good point about letting you check how deep they will let you get into debt.
On the other hand, I used it to check that nobody else is getting me into debt, in my absence.

I once found out that someone had tried to open a storecard in my name.
It's also useful to check that money is not being spent on debit/credit cards.

Banking fraud is rife, its just another tool to help prevent you becoming a victim.

Any searches that have been made also show up, if nothing else it makes interesting reading.

A friend of mine found out her ex, had taken out a credit card in her name, although he hadn't got around to using it.

el collado kid Sep 4th 2019 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Justaskin (Post 12731317)
That is a good point about letting you check how deep they will let you get into debt.
On the other hand, I used it to check that nobody else is getting me into debt, in my absence.

I once found out that someone had tried to open a storecard in my name.
It's also useful to check that money is not being spent on debit/credit cards.

Banking fraud is rife, its just another tool to help prevent you becoming a victim.

Any searches that have been made also show up, if nothing else it makes interesting reading.

A friend of mine found out her ex, had taken out a credit card in her name, although he hadn't got around to using it.

Morning.when i asked my wife did she know clear score she said yes.Our daughter in law uses it.I know what you say is true because an ex close family member did this to all of us.as you say it is a good check.i think it is a very good practice for every one just to avoid what we went and still are going through.you learn something every day .thanks

Justaskin Sep 4th 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12731342)
Morning.when i asked my wife did she know clear score she said yes.Our daughter in law uses it.I know what you say is true because an ex close family member did this to all of us.as you say it is a good check.i think it is a very good practice for every one just to avoid what we went and still are going through.you learn something every day .thanks

Hi Collado Kid,

It is a good practice to check clearscore, especially if you will be absent from your main home for long periods at a time, as are a lot of posters on here.
1/2 and 1/2 so to speak.
I also check my internet banking a couple of times a week.
Debit and credit cards, are a gift from heaven for fraudsters, and the contactless ones are basically orgasmic.......
Just present the card to the reader box at the till, and less than £30 spend no pin number is required.
Of course for the folks that have sod all, they have no need to be vigilant, but I want to protect my wonga.