Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clear as mud as usual.

Clear as mud as usual.

Old May 7th 2010, 12:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clear as mud as usual.

Re register on the Padron or not ?
Old May 8th 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clear as mud as usual.

I did hear in this area (Costa Blanca) that they require people who are renting to re-register their padron regularly.

Also some Spanish processes like passport renewal or replacement have required an up to date padron.
Old May 8th 2010, 3:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Also some Spanish processes like passport renewal or replacement have required an up to date padron.
That's true but what they usually want is an up to date padron certificate which does not normally involve reregistering.
Old May 8th 2010, 3:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
That's true but what they usually want is an up to date padron certificate which does not normally involve reregistering.
Yes, my daughter had to get an up to date certificate when her kids joined the school, but this is a new law about the need or not to re register like you say.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
this is what happens in my area
Old May 14th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

UKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really nice

Hi there,

Our understanding from talking to local and national authorities is that there is currenlty a one-off exercise underway to check the accuracy of the padron registers. This means you may be contacted to confirm your status on the padron. If you are contacted, you will be asked to answer in order to remain active on the padron and if you don't then you may be removed from the register. If you are not contacted, you are not required to confirm your status.

For certain services (e.g. social services) you may be required to show a recent padron certificate which is less than 3 months old. This is normal procedure and is not related to the above mentioned project.

Non-EU citizens are required to renew their padron certificate in any case.

You should contact your local authority about any changes to the padron registration process.

I hope this helps a little to clear things up!

Best wishes.
Old May 14th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

What happens is that Spaniards, when they change residence, register in their new town hall and that town hall then alerts the old one to remove the inscription. When a European leaves his town - often to return to his own country - his town hall is usually not informed about his departure.
What happens - there are Europeans listed on the padrón who shouldn't be there. So, we have a spring-clean.
Much more concern - those selfish Europeans who don't bother to register on the padrón.
Old May 14th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

agree with what you are saying lenox, but the language thing is a barrier to a lot of brits going on the padron. when I lived in garrucha I went to the town hall as soon as I could to enrol. not having any spanish,I found it to be a bit of a chore. but I persevered and after three visits,got myself on it.
the town hall staff were very helpful, and appreciated my attempts. Moved to the mountains and away to the town hall again,this time with some spanish. no problem,again they appreciated the idea of my joining the padron. My son,on joining the local school,found himself to be very popular indeed with the teachers,because he was the 7th foreigner in the school,they could now hire another professor!!!!
My advice to any brits thinking of going on the padron is to do it,the town hall gets more money from central government,and you are showing your committment to the village...
Old May 14th 2010, 8:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am surprised; part of the "first registration tax" for car now relies on the empadron saying when you first registered in Spain.

If they de-register you, then I assume that info disappears and you can gain thousands of pounds !!!

Davexf
Old May 15th 2010, 6:44 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I am surprised; part of the "first registration tax" for car now relies on the empadron saying when you first registered in Spain.

If they de-register you, then I assume that info disappears and you can gain thousands of pounds !!!

Davexf
If this truly is a loophole, then why don't people de-register to save this money?
Old May 15th 2010, 7:50 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Every tried to de-register? Which is why I am surprised

Davexf