Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clean water anyone?

Clean water anyone?

Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:07 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clean water anyone?

Originally Posted by lagalga
Hi, yes, we've been looking at this type of filter too, they look very promising and are not too expensive. We've asked for more information from the manufacturer and are considering all options. Thanks for your help
Tasty yes, but safe? It isnt going to kill the bugs and isnt capable of doing anything with toxins - if present - that needs testing.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:17 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clean water anyone?

To the op - you need impartial advice about safety, forget taste or niceness. Does your water co have a duty to advise you on safety standards and a testing regime? Thats what you need, not a particular technical solution - sure you need a solution - but from someone who knows the challenges where you are. If in the uk a local water co doesnt or cant supply you, they still have a duty of care - to help you be safe - sorry but i have a feeling this will involve chlorine or bromine but if it keeps you safe isnt that the aim?

If they cant or wont supply you and wont help, does your local authority employ analytical chemists? What do they say?

Testing water for chlorine then dosing is easy, same for other things like calcium or ph, just use reagents and colour charts or a colorimeter - not test strips, they are inaccurate.