Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clarrification on building permissions etc

Clarrification on building permissions etc

Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarrification on building permissions etc

Originally Posted by Camperman
I find it interesting that I have stated nothing other than the size of build and a few general coments about the land... Yet it seems that almost everone seems to know what knowledge I have of Spanish paperwork and what licences have or have not already been granted or what discussions via my half English/Spanish legal translator have taken place....

I don't see myself running hand in pocket clutching a wadge of cash to someone waving a few bits of paper in Spanish.. I haven't developed properties in the uk and made sufficient not to have to work now... simply by taking what anyone including architects and solictors say at face value.. I have infact sued a solicitor and won.

In all cases I often get a second or third opinion and often more opinions... select an architect etc who knows what they are doing... I get free legal advice by taking advantage of the free 30mins with most solicitors then going armed with that information to the next for 30mins free and so on....
Why would I pay money for free advice.....

I have not asked for specifically do do with this property just wanted some knowledge on some of the finer points of rules and regulations...

HillyBilly can I email you a few questions please?
Can I just say that I know nothing at all about rules and regulations regarding building regs etc but I do know people and how they react. So I think it may be helpful to you to know that parts of your posts sound arrogant and dismissive whilst other parts appear to be asking for help.

People like Fred James and Hilly Billy and many others have a great deal of experience and knowledge and they are the people who initially will be a god send to you. Others will willingly give you the benefit of their experiences with Spanish legislation provided that you do noy react negatively and arrogantly to their comments.

Spanish legislation is unique and a minefield to the uninitiated so be willing to take advice and not bat it away.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 7th 2007 at 7:23 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Can I just say that I know nothing at all about rules and regulations regarding building regs etc but I do know people and how they react. So I think it may be helpful to you to know that parts of your posts sound arrogant and dismissive whilst other parts appear to be asking for help.

People like Fred James and Hilly Billy and many others have a great deal of experience and knowledge and they are the people who initially will be a god send to you. Others will willingly give you the benefit of ther experiences with Spanish legislation provided that you do react negatively and arrogantly to their comments.

Spanish legislation is unique and a minefield to the uninitiated so be willing to take advice and not bat it away.

Rosemary
Very nicely put Rosemary!
Tim
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:39 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Camperman, you state that you have developed a lot of properties in the UK, well I would suggest that you forget ALL you have learnt from them, and start thinking about the fact that you are in a different country, different rules, regulations, laws etc, and also, unfortunately, in many places, corrupt local authorities. You need to get INDEPENDENT advice from a trustworthy lawyer and architect, and I'm not saying that the ones you have been doing business with are not trustworthy, but ask around for personal recommendations from people in your area. You only have to look at some of the horror stories that have been on UK TV where people have bought land with a house already on it, thinking that that would make it easy to get the relevant permissions, only to find that the house already there is illegal, and that that piece of land will NEVER be legally licensed for construction.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Camperman
Hi all.. found this site after searching the net for info...

the land will be licenced for 65m build.

Is there anyone who can answer a list of questions I have regarding the building licence rules Sewerage etc etc etc

Pete
Hello Camperman,

As a general guide.

I think it's very important that you get a written document from the local ayuntamiento precisely outlining what can be built on your plot of land. It's not enough to say a 65m2 build without specifying what type of building can be constructed.

In general most ayuntamientos will let you build a small nave (store house) so long as you have the minimum requirement of land.

You need to know if the land is classified as rustico or urbano. Once you have this basic but crucial information you can then go on to think about developing.

In Spain building work that involves structural work or new build usually requires an architect who will have to be named on the building licence application, you may also require a technical architect to supervise the construction.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David
In general most ayuntamientos will let you build a small nave (store house) so long as you have the minimum requirement of land. .

And if you do build a "legal" nave you will find that you will not be able to get a licence to live in it. You will not be able to get electricity or (town) water connected.