Reload this Page >

Claiming unemployment benefit in Spain

Claiming unemployment benefit in Spain

Old May 17th 2017, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Stephenandwuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Claiming unemployment benefit in Spain

Hi there,

I have been working and living in Spain for almost 3 years now. I voluntarily left my job at the end of April, as I left voluntarily I'm not entitled to the paro, I understand?

I am working a 2 week job in July and would I be able to claim paro after that? I'm a bit worried because it's a 'temporary contract' that I won't be entitled to any unemployment benefit and I'll have to seriously struggle financially until I find a job come September/October.

Really appreciate any help and setting my mind at ease.

Have a great day
Old May 17th 2017, 10:26 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claiming unemployment benefit in Spain

Originally Posted by Stephenandwuz
Hi there,

I have been working and living in Spain for almost 3 years now. I voluntarily left my job at the end of April, as I left voluntarily I'm not entitled to the paro, I understand?

I am working a 2 week job in July and would I be able to claim paro after that? I'm a bit worried because it's a 'temporary contract' that I won't be entitled to any unemployment benefit and I'll have to seriously struggle financially until I find a job come September/October.

Have a great day
Was the first job a legal contract job, and is the new one, without a legal contract you won't qualify in any case.
Old May 17th 2017, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Was the first job a legal contract job, and is the new one, without a legal contract you won't qualify in any case.
Yes, both legal contracts. Have only worked legal contracts for last three years.
Old May 17th 2017, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Have a great day
if you have a legal temporary contract you should be able to claim something once it ends provided you do not leave voluntarily
Qué es estar en “situación legal de desempleo”?

Significa “estar parado”. La ley solo permite pedir el paro en situaciones muy concretas. Hay que encontrarse sin trabajo por alguna de estas razones: un despido (individual o colectivo), fin de un contrato temporal o en periodo de pruebas,
Old May 17th 2017, 1:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Have a great day
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 17th 2017, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
if you have a legal temporary contract you should be able to claim something once it ends provided you do not leave voluntarily
Qué es estar en “situación legal de desempleo”?

Significa “estar parado”. La ley solo permite pedir el paro en situaciones muy concretas. Hay que encontrarse sin trabajo por alguna de estas razones: un despido (individual o colectivo), fin de un contrato temporal o en periodo de pruebas,
That puts my mind at rest a bit, thank you so much.

Although, as it just states 'despido', could I be entitled to it from now?

Ps Thank you for the welcome also, not sure how to double quote!