Ciudad Quesada Rojales Benijofar

Ciudad Quesada Rojales Benijofar

Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

sally phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ciudad Quesada Rojales Benijofar

Hi
Ive been posting about finding work when we move to Spain in 2 years
Thought Id start a new thread as I think we have narrowed down where we want to be but for those of you there your opinion on these particular areas would be great,looks really nice, large expat community,reasonable rents and near to Torrevieja for work?
We are in our 30s and our son will be 3,we both intent to work and obviously we will need nursery then school for Emilio,will be state school (thats the free one isnt it? )and preferably mixed english +spanish
Are these areas suitable for family life or more for retiring to as some have said
Any other areas you can recommend would be great
We want a fairly quiet place to live ie not in the middle of Torrevieja but still need to be among families that are also permanently living out there so Emilio can make friends...and me!
Thanks in advance
Sally
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ciudad Quesada Rojales Benijofar

All places mentioned are OK with large ex-pat communities and within easy reach of Torre.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sally phil
We are in our 30s and our son will be 3,we both intent to work and obviously we will need nursery then school for Emilio,will be state school (thats the free one isnt it? )and preferably mixed english +spanish
Children start school from the September of the calendar year in which they are three in Spain, or something like that! That means our son was just 2 when he started full time state education.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twyntub
Children start school from the September of the calendar year in which they are three in Spain, or something like that! That means our son was just 2 when he started full time state education.
Really! because I read education is not compulsory until they are 5 some say 6,are you talking about nursery and can you get that free or do you have to pay
State school means non paying school right?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Really! because I read education is not compulsory until they are 5 some say 6,are you talking about nursery and can you get that free or do you have to pay
State school means non paying school right?
Unfortunately, it's one of the problems of reading stuff in a book or on the Internet and not actually being here..!

Spanish children start school at three. Paid for by the state i.e. free. 'Compulsory' means that when the child reaches 5/6 they send the police round if they don't attend.

Same hours, same building, same school trips as the older children. Big pile of school books to by each September.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, it's one of the problems of reading stuff in a book or on the Internet and not actually being here..!

Spanish children start school at three. Paid for by the state i.e. free. 'Compulsory' means that when the child reaches 5/6 they send the police round if they don't attend.

Same hours, same building, same school trips as the older children. Big pile of school books to by each September.
Cool,my son will be 3.5 when we get there so he can go straight to school I was worried about nursery fees eating into whatever living I manage to make
Is that everywhere in Spain,because Ive seen nurseries advertising on the net and they all seem to have fees
IIn the uk every 3 year old is entitled to 5 free sessions per week at nursery playschool,whatever you want to use that equates to 2and a half days,is it the same sort of thing
Thanks for the info
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

is that full time state school at 3 years??
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Are you in Quesada area? How is it finding part time work there to fit in with school times?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

YES! Full time. State school education. Three years old. None of this 'pre-school children learn through play' rubbish. Reading. Writing. Arithmetic... lots of books and plenty of homework...

No, we're not from Quesada area. We're inland... mixing with the Spanish.

Hours are easy enough. 9am-12:30 then 3:30 to 5pm. It's nice to see the children during the school day.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:37 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldnt say Torrevieja is a nice place to bring up a family, its just the same as a crime riddin uk council estate and i speak from expirence.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

thehollos is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you have to be careful what you say as I am sure many people are more than happy in those areas but I wouldn't want to live in any of those places you mentioned.

Go and check them out but I think the guy previous summed them up.
But...it realy is personal choice, and from your previous posts they dont sound to be the areas you are looking for. Try the forum http://www.torrevieja.co.uk/ It will give you a good idea of what it is realy like there. The crime there is not good. Try Dolores, Catral (watch out for illegal builds), La Hoya all little towns within 20 minutes drive of Guardamar.

We have an apartment in Guardamar ( the seaside town of the urbanisations you mentioned) Guardamar is lovely. It is still very Spanish and very seasonal but the cost of houses and apartments are high! Very good schools etc. very tidy, very Spanish but we are selling because it is changing because of the surrounding urbanisations.

We tell our family and friends to avoid Torrevieja town although the outskirts are fine. But again and I want to stress it is up to each individual what you require.

Schooling...everybody sends their child at 3. If you don't it may be very hard to get a place at 6 and then the child has missed so much anyways. You will need to register him in the May before he starts.

I think the best thing you can do is come over and rent for a while, you will soon get an idea of where you want to be and wont be tied down.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thehollos
I know you have to be careful what you say as I am sure many people are more than happy in those areas but I wouldn't want to live in any of those places you mentioned.

Go and check them out but I think the guy previous summed them up.
But...it realy is personal choice, and from your previous posts they dont sound to be the areas you are looking for. Try the forum http://www.torrevieja.co.uk/ It will give you a good idea of what it is realy like there. The crime there is not good. Try Dolores, Catral (watch out for illegal builds), La Hoya all little towns within 20 minutes drive of Guardamar.

We have an apartment in Guardamar ( the seaside town of the urbanisations you mentioned) Guardamar is lovely. It is still very Spanish and very seasonal but the cost of houses and apartments are high! Very good schools etc. very tidy, very Spanish but we are selling because it is changing because of the surrounding urbanisations.

We tell our family and friends to avoid Torrevieja town although the outskirts are fine. But again and I want to stress it is up to each individual what you require.

Schooling...everybody sends their child at 3. If you don't it may be very hard to get a place at 6 and then the child has missed so much anyways. You will need to register him in the May before he starts.

I think the best thing you can do is come over and rent for a while, you will soon get an idea of where you want to be and wont be tied down.
we will be renting ...no itention to buy ever,we dont want to be in Torre but hear quesada is ok
Guardamar sounds nice but we wouldnt be able to afford the rents probably and we need to be in an area that gives us the best chance of finding work
Any ideas low rent and lots of jobs????
sally
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

we will be renting ...no itention to buy ever,we dont want to be in Torre but hear quesada is ok
Guardamar sounds nice but we wouldnt be able to afford the rents probably and we need to be in an area that gives us the best chance of finding work
Any ideas low rent and lots of jobs????
sally
To be honest, if you are renting and not buying, your not losing anything, just a few moonthgs rent! go to quesada and surrounding areas and " have a look " you will either love it or hate it.. living in the sticks isn't right for everyone so try it for your self. If you don't like it you move on and try it further in-land.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Ive been posting about finding work when we move to Spain in 2 years
Thought Id start a new thread as I think we have narrowed down where we want to be but for those of you there your opinion on these particular areas would be great,looks really nice, large expat community,reasonable rents and near to Torrevieja for work?
Are these areas suitable for family life or more for retiring to as some have said
Any other areas you can recommend would be great
We want a fairly quiet place to live ie not in the middle of Torrevieja but still need to be among families that are also permanently living out there so Emilio can make friends...and me!
Thanks in advance
Sally
Look to the south of Torrevieja as well, plenty of big ex pat communities such as Playa Flamenca, Punta Prima (fastest growing housing area in Spain), La Zenia and Cabo Roig. All have vey affordable housing to buy and to rent, and there is a good school in Playa Flamenca.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Hi There

Ive been reading the messages you have in this discussion and have found them to be useful.

Myself and my family ( Hubby and 2 boys 6months and 6 Years) are also researching a move to the Costa Blanca. My husband works in the north sea and would continue to commute.
Ive been reading about alot of areas that may fit our needs but our intention is to take a couple of trips shortly to check them out and then find a rental property to give the area a try with the view to purchase. We are looking for a nice family area with a good mix of nationalities / good amenties such as school, doctor etc - in a not too built up area and which is easy accesable to both Murcia and Alicante airports - as my husband will be making this trip regularly.

You mentioned schools and again ive been researching State School versus International schools - and other than 1 being free and the other being fee paying - i am still unsure on the decision to be made here. Although my son is 6 he does not speak spanish (Yet) - but i have heard this is not an issue for a Spanish School - and he would soon pick it up. Ive heard they are excellant schools - although one comment i had from a friend who opted for International School was they didnt think the "English" which was taught in the Spanish schools was the best - and worried about Spelling and Grammar.

It is also our intention to purchase a seperate apartment with the view to letting it for holiday makers - and im still investigating on good rental areas - which i know will be different to our needs of where we as a family would like to live. - So any comments /suggestions - then send them on.

Thanks
Kat x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.