chinese restaurants in spain

chinese restaurants in spain

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Choombo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chinese restaurants in spain

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Jerez de la Frontera
I feel bad now moaning about curry houses on the Cosra del Sol and you haven't even got one! Mind you, they are pretty much all a waste of money so far for me, ranging from ok/not bad to tastless bland food blender diarrhoea with some curry powder shoved in it (except the muslim one I mentioned in Benalmadena). There were only two Indian restaurants I could find in central Granada when I was there, both owned by the same people, and both absolute sh*te. So chances are if you ever do get one in Jerez it will not have been worth waiting for anyway. Even all the competition on the Costa del Sol doesn't improve the general standard there.

Does it really take 4 hours to get to the Costa del Sol? Only asking because it's looking likely that myself and some friends from the International Supporters' Club of Malaga CF will be travelling to watch us play Xerez next season (why is the town called Jerez and their team called Xerez?).

Maybe I could bring you a take-away? I'll get you a chinese from that place I mentioned. Probably scoff it on the way up though init.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Jerez de la Frontera. And no, it is rarer than rare to find chicken on a menu. There is one of those pollo dorado shops in town, but I don't class that as a good night's dining!
Come down to Chiclana and go to Ninos in Los Gallos - German international restaurant and they do vegetables and plenty of chicken! There is also a German restaurant on the beach called Orillas, fabulous barbacued food. The steaks are fantastic.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:14 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Jerez de la Frontera. And no, it is rarer than rare to find chicken on a menu. There is one of those pollo dorado shops in town, but I don't class that as a good night's dining!
Keith - there are a couple of Chinese restaurants in Jerez and a Tex-Mex. But otherwise I agree - oh for a curry or a thai. There is also a Chinese and Mexican in Conil but have found little else in the area - there is a "Hindu" in Zahara de los Atunes but I have never seen it open and have been past many times!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:47 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Choombo
Does it really take 4 hours to get to the Costa del Sol? Only asking because it's looking likely that myself and some friends from the International Supporters' Club of Malaga CF will be travelling to watch us play Xerez next season (why is the town called Jerez and their team called Xerez?).

Maybe I could bring you a take-away? I'll get you a chinese from that place I mentioned. Probably scoff it on the way up though init.
Sorry, no it doesn't take 4 hours. I got that stuck in my head because the last time I did the journey, I did it from our place in Ayamonte, and from there it is 4 hours. From Jerez, its about 1 hour to Los Barrios and then another hour to Malaga.

Jerez used to be called Xerez in days of old. The football team have taken the old spelling.

A take away? Yes please? Can I have sushi though. That's my favourite.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:14 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: chinese restaurants in spain

My wife makes a mean curry or Indonesian curry. She is from The Netherlands and gets her spices imported here via post and friends. So may be some of you should move up here to Galicia.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no it doesn't take 4 hours. I got that stuck in my head because the last time I did the journey, I did it from our place in Ayamonte, and from there it is 4 hours. From Jerez, its about 1 hour to Los Barrios and then another hour to Malaga.

Jerez used to be called Xerez in days of old. The football team have taken the old spelling.

Looks like you need to take the couple of hour drive and sample some of the cuisine, you could do it twice a month. I've driven 5 hours to a bbq before now, so a couple of hours for some sushi is nothing.. lol
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

By means of further explanation and as I understand it, in modern day Spanish we are left with "j", "ge" and "gi", although historically, due to the influence of the Moors and the Arabic language, "y" and "x" were also used to represent the subtle variations of the gutteral sound introduced by said culture.

These phonetic variations began to die out after the 16th century, but presumably persisted in the spelling of names, whereas in other words the spelling changed to substitute "j" for "x" (e.g. dixo became dijo).
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

...A take away? Yes please? Can I have sushi though. That's my favourite.
Hi keithwalters,
Where do you go for sushi, or do you prepare it at home?
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:10 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi keithwalters,
Where do you go for sushi, or do you prepare it at home?
Regards,
Carol
Last time I went for Sushi it was as a restaurant called Tokyo in Fuengirola. Only 2 hours away!!!

Sadly I'm not clever enough to prepare it at home and i don't have the equipment necessary. Plus you can't buy the raw materials around here!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

Last time I went for Sushi it was as a restaurant called Tokyo in Fuengirola. Only 2 hours away!!!

Sadly I'm not clever enough to prepare it at home and i don't have the equipment necessary. Plus you can't buy the raw materials around here!
I had nice sushi in there one night.

Maybe you should get yourself down to Tarifa for the odd weekend/s. Had a lovely Mexican there and they have some other lovely Italian restaurants and pizza places.

Not the same as nipping out for something when you feel like it but it's a hell of a lot nearer than Fuengirola.

I went back to the UK in May and went crazy in Marks and Spencers. There is so much choice in there, I really was lost in a maze of food. I can spend hours in there or Tesco just looking. I couldnt carry many things but I couldn't leave Marks without a cheese and onion quiche, a cheese pie, fresh cream sherry trifles and other delicious goodies that people take for granted which and are a real treat to me.

I'm not helping you any really am I talking about all this? My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: chinese restaurants in spain

I take it there's no alternative cuisine in Cádiz? Would've thought there would be international restaurants there?

Will see when the fixture list comes out, then bring you up a weekend's supply of Sushi and KFC
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Choombo
I take it there's no alternative cuisine in Cádiz? Would've thought there would be international restaurants there?

Will see when the fixture list comes out, then bring you up a weekend's supply of Sushi and KFC
Well Keith, I think I can make your day. Apparently a Thai restaurant has recently opened up in chiclana. For all you locals it´s between the Lemon Tree and the town. I don´t what it´s like but will definitely be going. Also the chiringuita on old Sancti Petri beach does Caribean food starting next week. Today I had patatas con mojo y pimiento. Delicious tapas saute potatoes with two types of dipping spicey sauces and chocos en salsa. Again slightly spicey sauce. So can´t wait to try the caribean food.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:07 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by glynis
Well Keith, I think I can make your day. Apparently a Thai restaurant has recently opened up in chiclana. For all you locals it´s between the Lemon Tree and the town. I don´t what it´s like but will definitely be going. Also the chiringuita on old Sancti Petri beach does Caribean food starting next week. Today I had patatas con mojo y pimiento. Delicious tapas saute potatoes with two types of dipping spicey sauces and chocos en salsa. Again slightly spicey sauce. So can´t wait to try the caribean food.
Quite frankly I couldn't care less if it was crap. Just the fact that it is different is enough for me!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Quite frankly I couldn't care less if it was crap. Just the fact that it is different is enough for me!
Crap - surely, you are not that desperate!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Lol, a week in hospital with your bum attached to a skip, "I knew that Jerk Chicken smelt of fish but it was just such a nice change from patatas bravas init".

Last edited by Choombo; Jun 3rd 2006 at 7:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.