Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chinese - arrests for criminal activity

Chinese - arrests for criminal activity

Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chinese - arrests for criminal activity

Following the recent discussion of Chinese shops and the activities of the Chinese in Spain, I was interested to read in ABC.es this morning an article regarding large scale arrests.
Here is a (translated) section of the article:-

"The polygon Cobo Calleja of Fuenlabrada (Madrid), the China Town-central Spain, is at this time the nerve center where dozens of police recorded warehouses and stores in search of documents and money belonging to Chinese organized crime. Same is being carried out dozens of arrests at several points in Madrid, Barcelona, ​​and different provinces of Castilla and Leon, among others, as confirmed to ABC investigative sources. In the next few hours are going to continue the records in homes and buildings (which could be around a hundred) and arrests also exceed this figure, according to sources. Most national targets are Chinese , but there are also Spanish and some people of Jewish origin.
Criminal organization, money laundering, counterfeiting, drug trafficking, coercion, threats ... are some of the crimes that police and anti-corruption prosecutor National Court attributed to this macrorred, whose aim is to win and launder millions of euros, and defraud the Spanish through different types of operations.
"

Well, fancy that!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chinese - arrests for criminal activity

Well, it makes a change from blaming everything on the Romanians ...
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:45 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

The Chinese know full well they cannot do things without Spaniards to "grease" things for them
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:28 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Following the recent discussion of Chinese shops and the activities of the Chinese in Spain, I was interested to read in ABC.es this morning an article regarding large scale arrests.
Here is a (translated) section of the article:-

"The polygon Cobo Calleja of Fuenlabrada (Madrid), the China Town-central Spain, is at this time the nerve center where dozens of police recorded warehouses and stores in search of documents and money belonging to Chinese organized crime. Same is being carried out dozens of arrests at several points in Madrid, Barcelona, ​​and different provinces of Castilla and Leon, among others, as confirmed to ABC investigative sources. In the next few hours are going to continue the records in homes and buildings (which could be around a hundred) and arrests also exceed this figure, according to sources. Most national targets are Chinese , but there are also Spanish and some people of Jewish origin.
Criminal organization, money laundering, counterfeiting, drug trafficking, coercion, threats ... are some of the crimes that police and anti-corruption prosecutor National Court attributed to this macrorred, whose aim is to win and launder millions of euros, and defraud the Spanish through different types of operations.
"

Well, fancy that!
Yeh, fancy that.

Pretty well follows on from what one or two of us were recently suggesting in the Chinese Shop thread.

As previously mentioned the wheels and cogs would likely all have been well greased by those already in the right places for it to succeed on such a massive scale, but there again in view of past local history, that would be no great surprise either.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation as to why they have arrested Nacho Vidal......
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I now read that the Chief of Police has been congratulating the police on the success of the operation.
I think it's wonderful that corruption and fraud in Spain is being tackled. I'm just waiting for it to be extended to the politicians.
Might be a long wait though!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biffta
I now read that the Chief of Police has been congratulating the police on the success of the operation.
I think it's wonderful that corruption and fraud in Spain is being tackled. I'm just waiting for it to be extended to the politicians.
Might be a long wait though!
I think he should be congratulating them on how they managed to get away with turning a blind eye for so long..........