Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chillout years for DAD

Chillout years for DAD

Old May 25th 2008, 6:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chillout years for DAD

I have heard that Javea has a large ex-pat community and has plenty going on but do not know the place apart from visiting it a few times. I am sure that people will make lots of useful suggestions for you to choose from.

Rosemary
Old May 25th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
The more you tell us, the more I think Los Boliches would be perfect.

As I mentioned the communication links are great, he could visit every town from Malaga to Fuengirola (by train), which is great for the crinklies.

There are good Hospitals nearby and my dad pays something like 20E a month to the helicopter Sanitarios, where he can see a doctor within minutes (literally) and he gets transport by helicopter to a hosital in an emergancy.

The ex pat crowd of his age is pretty vast, bingo nights, karaoke etc. The Top Hat bar in town or gods waiting room as its known has old favorites like "well meet again" bellowing out as you pass by.

There are markets, ferias, the zoo, and castle all easily accessible.

Manilla Bar on the front is where the oldies meet up during the day, they have a great time, in fact i met Charlie williams there a few years ago, although he had parkinsons he had a wry grin and came out with the odd witty remark, ahh memories.

The non Spanish speaking Brits have no problems getting by as the locals are very helpful.

To finish a single man or woman of his age would have no problems integrating into a thriving community, if he has some cash he could be a quite a catch for the slightly younger lifestyle seeking ladies out there!!

Hasta

LPH
Old May 25th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Canham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by advent7006
Forget benidorm then,an apartment on the flat will cost about 650-800 euros a month,up a hill will cost about 550-650 euros month.Please please take on board what my main concern is,in an apartment you can go days or longer without seeing anyone??????????????think about it.A small house is possible outside the centre,but hand on heart i would only recomend this if he drives.
Hi thanks for that usefull info. Someone has recommended Los Boliches near Fuengirola, as it has alot of expats, do you know about this area. Or can anyone out there give some more details. Thanks again
Old May 26th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisa,
Yes I know the area very well I have been visiting for 10 years and i have had a place in a village at the rear of LOs Boliches for 4.

I have spent ages there. Please ask away, any questions you may have.

Just other little snippets of info:-

The crime rate is very low, although there is "tourist crime" i have seen or heard of very little else.

There are societies such as FADS (Fuengirola and district society) and even an expat theatre in town, run and performed in by expats.

There are large commercial centres around such as the Miramar centre, and even an iceland.

If you ate out at a different restaurant every day you would never eat at the same one for 3 years at least.

A friend of mine has just bought a bike (he is seventy three) as it is it soo flat!

I cannot emphasize how good the rail link is, you can even get a train to Madrid from Fuengirola station, but the coastal train is excellent, cheap and enables you to visit everywhere.

i hope this elps

lph