Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Childminding in or around Malaga

Childminding in or around Malaga

Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:20 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childminding in or around Malaga

[F]Hi all
I have worked in a Special School in Rochdale for the last 13 years and due to reorganization we are being closed down at the end of this school year - big boo hoo - as i love my job.
Before working in schools i was a childminder - the question i have is is there a need in the Malaga area for childminders - i am trying to learn Spanish but not very good at it at the moment and i would presume you need to be fluent to work in a school. My husband is a builder and is hoping to continue this over there with his partner so we are pretty flexible as to where we are going to settle.
Many thank for your help and advice.
Sam
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:12 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Childminding in or around Malaga

you might be able to get a job in an international school. I don't know about the childminding as people may not be trustworthy.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi glad 2 b back
Thanks for your reply - i thought i would probably have to speak fluent spanish to work in a school - never even gave the trust thing a thought as we are policed checked up to the hilt here in Rochdale - well food for thought - i may have to become a housewife again and lounge by the pool all day - i think i could get used to that - my hubby is reading what im writing and he said not a cat in hells chance - misery - lol.
Many thanks again
Sam
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:20 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi glad 2 b back
Thanks for your reply - i thought i would probably have to speak fluent spanish to work in a school - never even gave the trust thing a thought as we are policed checked up to the hilt here in Rochdale - well food for thought - i may have to become a housewife again and lounge by the pool all day - i think i could get used to that - my hubby is reading what im writing and he said not a cat in hells chance - misery - lol.
Many thanks again
Sam
You would get bored lol, try the schools there are plenty along cds. Good luck with it
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi glad 2 b back
Many thanks again
Sam
the international schools are usually english language - although the ones around here won't take children with 'special needs'
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:22 am
Happy in my bubble

Hi Lynnxa
Thanks for your reply - that sounds very promising - i think once i get over there my spanish will improve coz i'll be using it more but here im stuggling coz i am talking to myself - well theres always a positive i'll get the answer i want wont i - lol.
What happens to the special needs kids then - is there a special school for them or are the educated at home - i feel there may be an opening there in the future to think about???
Thanks again
Sam
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Gina1567 is on a distinguished road

hi sammy, soz sam, there is a niche for the specially needy soon! as your hubby's gonna be there! luckily im off to aussie to be a lifeguard on bondi beach, with my body i'll have no trouble with the sheilas. ... as with paul with electrics "no worries mate". (aussie slang) connect blue to blue, brown to brown, green/yellow to green/yellow etc, it shouldnt bang...hmmm lee? dont think they have heard of scania, but if they bring out a diesel moped, hes in for a shouthmmm sam? teach spanish up till the age of 6, youve no idea what youre saying and niether have them!hmmm john? we'll stick together and try and work this mess out ha ha hope you had a bonza week, bruce (new aussie name) or phill, whatever floats ya boat!!!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gina1567
hi sammy, soz sam, there is a niche for the specially needy soon! as your hubby's gonna be there! luckily im off to aussie to be a lifeguard on bondi beach, with my body i'll have no trouble with the sheilas. ... as with paul with electrics "no worries mate". (aussie slang) connect blue to blue, brown to brown, green/yellow to green/yellow etc, it shouldnt bang...hmmm lee? dont think they have heard of scania, but if they bring out a diesel moped, hes in for a shouthmmm sam? teach spanish up till the age of 6, youve no idea what youre saying and niether have them!hmmm john? we'll stick together and try and work this mess out ha ha hope you had a bonza week, bruce (new aussie name) or phill, whatever floats ya boat!!!!!!
Looks like Bondi got the short staw then.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Gina1567 is on a distinguished road

oops, was that meant to be straw!! soz i think costa del sol's got the short straw, im waiting for some pictures of a house in mijas.i work with sams hubby,(builders). oz way to far away.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:11 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Gina1567
oops, was that meant to be straw!! soz i think costa del sol's got the short straw, im waiting for some pictures of a house in mijas.i work with sams hubby,(builders). oz way to far away.
Hey to the Taylors
Bout time you lot got your asses on here - well betta late than neva - oh my god Phil - bondi wouldnt know wot had hit them after wot Peggy was sayin haha - had a great time in Wales - could do with a hol now to recover - i think we did all of north wales in 5 days - knackered now - speak soon
Love Sam