Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice
Default Re: childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Go on a sunbed every couple of weeks - it sorts it!

Go over to spain, find a town that appeals, go into the Ayuntamiento/townhall and ask what you need to become a registered childminder. You will need to become an autonomo for which you'll need to contact a gestor (like a solicitor/accountant). That costs 250€ a month regardless of income, i think gestors charge around 50€ a month, you will have to somehow then show the authorities how much you will be earning as a child minder to prove that you have an income, the autonomo thing will at least mean you'll be covered for your healthcare. So hopefully that will be enough for them to allow you to become a resident

after that I dont know. the ayuntamiento will have told you what papers, procedures and insurances you'll need.........You'll then need to work out how many children, how much you'll have to charge????

Heres a somewhat flippant, but accurate view of how you become self employed in spain and you do come across these people in the local government offices lol!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmiPOYPZ-fA

I'm not trying to put you off. Its all a challenge and you need to have this sort of information so that you are prepared. whats that saying??? "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

jo xxx
thanks so much i appreciate any negativity as such. I am usually very much a realist but only due to past experiences and this isn't one of them obviously lol. I wish the sunbed helped, I really do. I guess it's difficult to express how debilitating S.A.D.S can be sometimes x
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
My two pence worth: You'd be better concentrating on making your life in the UK better. Honestly there is no utopian country, if you are unhappy there you will be unhappy in Spain too. Moving doesn't make the problem go away. In this case it could make your situation far worse than it is already.

I know a family who ran away from the UK when things got on top of them. They are now stuck in Spain in a far worse situation than they ran away from and now not in a position to move back, as much as they would wish too.

So please think very carefully about running into a situation that you are not prepared for with no way out should it go pear shaped.

From everything you have written it does sound like you truly would be better staying where you are. If you are determined you can better your circumstances, and then may be in a few years time you will be in a better position to make the move to Spain. Spain isn't going anywhere anytime soon
bless you that's a lovely post and I appreciate your honest opinion. I will honestly rethink things over and over again as now i am actually seeking the help in the possible move I do see things from other peoples points of view and it does scare me but I am so stubborn with this and wish I could see some solidness that staying here would be for the best. Maybe in time I will and maybe things may change and I am able to follow my heart. Either way, some day I will be content
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

..maybe i could still take some courses to better myself , and have a better quality of life here. Who knows x
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JLFS
Also with incomers having to show that they have adequate income or savings to support themselves and familes and have private health care, it will make in extra difficult for people to come over and start from scratch.
I am thinking it would be within the next 6 years before the move and I suspect I may be alone. It's so tough living around kids and doing what is best for them . Moving to spain and making them go with me isn't an option. I guess that leaves me time to get cracking with some ammunition to fight my way in
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
There are Spanish who blame the Brits for causing their problems, there are Spanish who blame Brits for taking their jobs. Not all, but some. Just the same as how some British view Polish etc.

On a more serious note, are you going to be able to prove your income and healthcare cover so that you can become a resident?? Cos thats the latest "incentive" by spain to make sure that all of those who arrive to live there arent going to become a strain on their resourses?? I'm pointing this out because the UK could possibly do with a ruling like this????

Jo xxx
the UK already has the same ruling jojojojo, since 2006 - an EU citizen can't register as resident there either without fulfilling pretty much the same conditions

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si.../guide-eea.pdf

EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
You need to provide documentation to show how you are exercising a treaty right in the United Kingdom. There are a number of options for this.

If you are working, you need to provide us with proof of your employment. This can be by providing pay slips, a letter from your employer or an employment contract. These documents must show that you are currently exercising treaty rights so need to be dated within six weeks of the date of your application.

If you are self-employed, you need to provide us with documents to show that you are self-employed. Documents that would support this include evidence of paying national insurance contributions, bank statements which show income earned or accountants’ letters.

If you are a student, you need to provide a school, college or university letter confirming enrolment on the course. You will also need to provide a statement confirming that you have sufficient financial resources during your period of study along with supporting evidence such as a bank statement or evidence of a grant or scholarship; and evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance.

If you are economically self-sufficient, you need to supply evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance for yourself and any family members included in your application. You also need to supply evidence of funds sufficient to maintain yourself and any family members included in your application during the time you intend to reside on this basis. These funds can come from the employment or self-employment of any of your family members legally working and residing in the UK with you. Documentary evidence of their employment or funds should be supplied.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:36 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the UK already has the same ruling jojojojo, since 2006 - an EU citizen can't register as resident there either without fulfilling pretty much the same conditions

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si.../guide-eea.pdf
yes, it doesnt seem like it tho sometimes lol!

Jo xxxx
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm playing with you...... I teach Spanish

it does depend - on so many things, including whereabouts in the Spanish speaking world you are

in many places, the B & V sounds are sort of 'fudgy' & interchangeable, making pretty much the same sound - a sort of BBVVFF - in some areas (like mine) they seem to be completely back to front, with the V sounding like & B to the english ear & vice versa - but even here I've never heard por fabor - nor votella de bino come to that

I was originally taught by a sevillana - her Bs & Vs were just like English ones - so mine are too

one day she couldn't make it to class & a different teacher came - she was local & her Bs & Vs were VERY much the 'wrong way round', and it took us all about 10 minutes (we were all still pretty much beginners) to work out what she was saying

when I see written Spanish (by Spanish kids & adults), the most common (only?) spelling mistake is the transposing of the B & V

basically - don't get your bragas in a bunch about the Bs & Vs - somewhere they say it the same way as comes naturally to you - just keep saying it the way you're used to - & don't be afraid of making mistakes when you open your mouth

the biggest mistake you can make is to never open it for fear of being wrong!

oh yes - & as jojojojo says - you can avoid it completely by saying porfa
In standard castellano it is most definitely pronounced por fabor

"Por fa" is fine in very informal situations, but personally I wouldnt go round saying that. Do remember that many of the local Spaniards have been going round the same neighbours and shops their whole lives so can treat people with less formality than you should

I offended an old lady the other day for saying "Perdona" instead of "Perdone"

These things dont matter when you are learning but are important as you get better and better
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
In standard castellano it is most definitely pronounced por fabor

"Por fa" is fine in very informal situations, but personally I wouldnt go round saying that. Do remember that many of the local Spaniards have been going round the same neighbours and shops their whole lives so can treat people with less formality than you should

I offended an old lady the other day for saying "Perdona" instead of "Perdone"

These things dont matter when you are learning but are important as you get better and better
standard castellano? like the Queen's English - not everyone speaks it!!

my point is that somewhere they'll say it with a V sound, somewhere with a B - so it's not worth getting worried about it

vowel sounds of course are a whole different matter

around here you'll be accepted & welcomed - even if you make the odd mistake - & people don't generally get offended if you use the informal - you'll get one or two I dare say - but mostly they are just happy that the foreigners are trying

we don't hear the formal around here much - in the supermarlets etc they use the informal (except with very old people - but then they're more likely to speak Valenciano)

you're right though - when you've been around a long time they start expecting you to make less mistakes - but then you should be making less anyway