Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice
Default Re: childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

.. or am i classed as an immigrant , to you? just asking
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:47 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justjo76
.. or am i classed as an immigrant , to you? just asking
You would be if you moved/immigrated to a foreign to you country!! Expats, immigrants, foreigners, guiris........... its all the same lol!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:49 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about Votella de Bino but I will ask lol bottle of wine seriously She corrected me on the pronunciations... said it depends. UUrrghh i don't want to move now :-p hmmm really.. something as simple as that could screw me over or can I learn a particular which would at least save my soul

i sense the sarcasm made my 12 year old laugh anyway lol... no, she was taught Vino and FavoR (pronounced faBor in some places

In our area, the Spanish dont bother with the whole word. they simply say "porfa"

Jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about Votella de Bino but I will ask lol bottle of wine seriously She corrected me on the pronunciations... said it depends. UUrrghh i don't want to move now :-p hmmm really.. something as simple as that could screw me over or can I learn a particular which would at least save my soul

I'm playing with you...... I teach Spanish

it does depend - on so many things, including whereabouts in the Spanish speaking world you are

in many places, the B & V sounds are sort of 'fudgy' & interchangeable, making pretty much the same sound - a sort of BBVVFF - in some areas (like mine) they seem to be completely back to front, with the V sounding like & B to the english ear & vice versa - but even here I've never heard por fabor - nor votella de bino come to that

I was originally taught by a sevillana - her Bs & Vs were just like English ones - so mine are too

one day she couldn't make it to class & a different teacher came - she was local & her Bs & Vs were VERY much the 'wrong way round', and it took us all about 10 minutes (we were all still pretty much beginners) to work out what she was saying

when I see written Spanish (by Spanish kids & adults), the most common (only?) spelling mistake is the transposing of the B & V

basically - don't get your bragas in a bunch about the Bs & Vs - somewhere they say it the same way as comes naturally to you - just keep saying it the way you're used to - & don't be afraid of making mistakes when you open your mouth

the biggest mistake you can make is to never open it for fear of being wrong!

oh yes - & as jojojojo says - you can avoid it completely by saying porfa
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
In our area, the Spanish dont bother with the whole word. they simply say "porfa"

Jo xxx
aahhh ok that's cool a little like "thanks" here as apposed to "thank you"
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm playing with you...... I teach Spanish

it does depend - on so many things, including whereabouts in the Spanish speaking world you are

in many places, the B & V sounds are sort of 'fudgy' & interchangeable, making pretty much the same sound - a sort of BBVVFF - in some areas (like mine) they seem to be completely back to front, with the V sounding like & B to the english ear & vice versa - but even here I've never heard por fabor - nor votella de bino come to that

I was originally taught by a sevillana - her Bs & Vs were just like English ones - so mine are too

one day she couldn't make it to class & a different teacher came - she was local & her Bs & Vs were VERY much the 'wrong way round', and it took us all about 10 minutes (we were all still pretty much beginners) to work out what she was saying

when I see written Spanish (by Spanish kids & adults), the most common (only?) spelling mistake is the transposing of the B & V

basically - don't get your bragas in a bunch about the Bs & Vs - somewhere they say it the same way as comes naturally to you - just keep saying it the way you're used to - & don't be afraid of making mistakes when you open your mouth

the biggest mistake you can make is to never open it for fear of being wrong!

oh yes - & as jojojojo says - you can avoid it completely by saying porfa

hahaha that's naughty of you my biggest mistake usually IS opening my mouth lol I will stick with por favor then ... that B thing never caught on with me anyways thanks
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

You would be if you moved/immigrated to a foreign to you country!! Expats, immigrants, foreigners, guiris........... its all the same lol!!!!

Jo xxx
very true... should've said alien maybe . I do see it from the other side of the coin... just wouldn't wish to be seen as JUST an immigrant and having false expectations etc x
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:09 pm
squeaky clean

very true... should've said alien maybe . I do see it from the other side of the coin... just wouldn't wish to be seen as JUST an immigrant and having false expectations etc x
Its a different way of looking at it, one which got me thinking. In the UK we moan about the invasion of other nationalities... taking our jobs, taking our religions, bringing their own etc. If you move to Spain, you are doing exactly that!

Jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Its a different way of looking at it, one which got me thinking. In the UK we moan about the invasion of other nationalities... taking our jobs, taking our religions, bringing their own etc. If you move to Spain, you are doing exactly that!

Jo xxx
exactly scary thought. Would hate to feel that way.... I am hoping not to be looked down upon by all and that there is still lots of welcomes to be had I try to think that if if someone is rude to me for no reason, i will mirror that... and the same goes for the opposite, tenfold no matter who or what they are
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

to think i'd love to start my own business in Spain, steal nobodys job , pay my own rent and keep myself to myself (within reason) and be looked at as just an immigrant. I guess everyone is guilty at some point
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:27 pm
squeaky clean

exactly scary thought. Would hate to feel that way.... I am hoping not to be looked down upon by all and that there is still lots of welcomes to be had I try to think that if if someone is rude to me for no reason, i will mirror that... and the same goes for the opposite, tenfold no matter who or what they are
There are Spanish who blame the Brits for causing their problems, there are Spanish who blame Brits for taking their jobs. Not all, but some. Just the same as how some British view Polish etc.

On a more serious note, are you going to be able to prove your income and healthcare cover so that you can become a resident?? Cos thats the latest "incentive" by spain to make sure that all of those who arrive to live there arent going to become a strain on their resourses?? I'm pointing this out because the UK could possibly do with a ruling like this????

Jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

There are Spanish who blame the Brits for causing their problems, there are Spanish who blame Brits for taking their jobs. Not all, but some. Just the same as how some British view Polish etc.

On a more serious note, are you going to be able to prove your income and healthcare cover so that you can become a resident?? Cos thats the latest "incentive" by spain to make sure that all of those who arrive to live there arent going to become a strain on their resourses?? I'm pointing this out because the UK could possibly do with a ruling like this????

Jo xxx
thanks hun yea i posted a link in here somewhere to inform others. Only learned of it today on Facebook haha . I can see why they are doing so, I guess we should bring that into practice here too then there might not be so many frustrated Brits seems strange.... i want to move out as they want to move in... vice versa. Be great to get into a mind of a Spaniard who wants to get out right now. I took a second job a few months back and work with a lady from Portugal ..definately an eye opener and jaw dropper but it's just not enough to deter me
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:54 pm
squeaky clean

thanks hun yea i posted a link in here somewhere to inform others. Only learned of it today on Facebook haha . I can see why they are doing so, I guess we should bring that into practice here too then there might not be so many frustrated Brits seems strange.... i want to move out as they want to move in... vice versa. Be great to get into a mind of a Spaniard who wants to get out right now. I took a second job a few months back and work with a lady from Portugal ..definately an eye opener and jaw dropper but it's just not enough to deter me

I dont think anyone wants to deter you, its just everyone knows how hard it is and dont want you to make a costly mistake. I see it that the more you learn, the better informed you'll be. you actually need to take any emotion out of this and think logically. Decisions of the heart should have nothing to do with this at all. you must look at the facts and the problems. Sadly the biggest problem is that Spain is in a desperate financial crisis

The difference between Spain and the UK is the whole social welfare thing. In Spain, even the spanish only get unemployment benefits etc if they have worked/paid into their sytstem for a significant time and then its only for a maximum of two years. In the UK all you need is an NI number and anyone can claim it. I've met a few Spanish people who have moved to the UK for work. They arent happy about it and miss Spain, one actually said to me that the Spanish sunshine doesnt feed his family. This is something else that you need to consider if you're going down the child minding route. If there are so many unemployed, then there wont be very many children to mind. spanish tend to keep child care within the family and expats arent in abundance as they once were!

jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

I dont think anyone wants to deter you, its just everyone knows how hard it is and dont want you to make a costly mistake. I see it that the more you learn, the better informed you'll be. you actually need to take any emotion out of this and think logically. Decisions of the heart should have nothing to do with this at all. you must look at the facts and the problems. Sadly the biggest problem is that Spain is in a desperate financial crisis

The difference between Spain and the UK is the whole social welfare thing. In Spain, even the spanish only get unemployment benefits etc if they have worked/paid into their sytstem for a significant time and then its only for a maximum of two years. In the UK all you need is an NI number and anyone can claim it. I've met a few Spanish people who have moved to the UK for work. They arent happy about it and miss Spain, one actually said to me that the Spanish sunshine doesnt feed his family. This is something else that you need to consider if you're going down the child minding route. If there are so many unemployed, then there wont be very many children to mind. spanish tend to keep child care within the family and expats arent in abundance as they once were!

jo xxx
But why can't the sunshine feed my family, that is SO unfair hehe x If I am completely honest... I struggle sometimes here to do that , to pay the bills etc etc blah blah. It is because we have no sun it makes it all feel hundreds times worse . I mentioned before i suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder and I figure If I am broke here with little potential due to the fact I simply have no energy (vit D deficiency I swear! and the tablet form isn't the answer lol) i am so willing to learn something completely new and challenging and mention child care really as it is all I have accredited experience in. I figure I will be moving out alone as my kids aren't keen (at least right now) and so ideally I want to work , earn enough to pay my rent, basic food (im 5ft 1 and 8 st 5 I don't need much :-p) my bills (surely much cheaper ?) and clothes... ahh i have enough of them and i'm not about to start growing anymore hehe.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:30 pm
squeaky clean

But why can't the sunshine feed my family, that is SO unfair hehe x If I am completely honest... I struggle sometimes here to do that , to pay the bills etc etc blah blah. It is because we have no sun it makes it all feel hundreds times worse . I mentioned before i suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder and I figure If I am broke here with little potential due to the fact I simply have no energy (vit D deficiency I swear! and the tablet form isn't the answer lol) i am so willing to learn something completely new and challenging and mention child care really as it is all I have accredited experience in. I figure I will be moving out alone as my kids aren't keen (at least right now) and so ideally I want to work , earn enough to pay my rent, basic food (im 5ft 1 and 8 st 5 I don't need much :-p) my bills (surely much cheaper ?) and clothes... ahh i have enough of them and i'm not about to start growing anymore hehe.
Go on a sunbed every couple of weeks - it sorts it!

Go over to spain, find a town that appeals, go into the Ayuntamiento/townhall and ask what you need to become a registered childminder. You will need to become an autonomo for which you'll need to contact a gestor (like a solicitor/accountant). That costs 250€ a month regardless of income, i think gestors charge around 50€ a month, you will have to somehow then show the authorities how much you will be earning as a child minder to prove that you have an income, the autonomo thing will at least mean you'll be covered for your healthcare. So hopefully that will be enough for them to allow you to become a resident

after that I dont know. the ayuntamiento will have told you what papers, procedures and insurances you'll need.........You'll then need to work out how many children, how much you'll have to charge????

Heres a somewhat flippant, but accurate view of how you become self employed in spain and you do come across these people in the local government offices lol!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmiPOYPZ-fA

I'm not trying to put you off. Its all a challenge and you need to have this sort of information so that you are prepared. whats that saying??? "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Aug 21st 2012 at 10:38 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.