Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Old Aug 18th 2012, 1:39 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Originally Posted by lynnxa
as there should be

there is quite a market here in the summer for English teens to earn some pocket money either babysitting (if they are old enough) or just playing with little Spanish children (with parents/g-parents/nannies in attendance) - and speaking English with them

it's all word of mouth, but both my girls have done some this summer & had their numbers taken by other families for next summer
I agree, but teens earning a bit of pocket money in the kiddies own home or baby sitting, is a long way off earning a living from looking after other peoples children, which is what I presume the OP is asking about.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 1:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I agree, but teens earning a bit of pocket money in the kiddies own home or baby sitting, is a long way off earning a living from looking after other peoples children, which is what I presume the OP is asking about.
you're right - & it really is only pocketmoney too, you'd never make a living out of it

childminding in the way it works in the UK doesn't really seem to happen here .... guarderías have the throathold on the market & getting a licence with all the rules & regs is horrendous - as far as the physical property as well as staff quals is concerned

looking at jobs recently it seems that to run one you need a degree in infants education...
Old Aug 18th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

......regarding the pros and cons of running my own business.. i am pretty sure it cant get much worse than it is now lol.
In Spain with its bureaucracy? Don't you believe it! Pleased you did an LOL.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 3:21 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
In Spain with its bureaucracy? Don't you believe it! Pleased you did an LOL.
Agree, people who say that about the UK, would be in for a hell of a shock in spain.

It would make their head spin.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

well it cant get any worse than having 23 quid a week left can it once every last penny they take from us here has gone! i dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont run a car (yet )
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by justjo76
well it cant get any worse than having 23 quid a week left can it once every last penny they take from us here has gone! i dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont run a car (yet )
Oh yes it can, there are people in spain who dont work who get no income whatsoever.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:20 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

If you have £23 a week disposable income in the UK you'd be mad to move to Spain right now. By all means start planning, learning the language and getting as much info as you can. in fact you'd be wise to try to start something in the UK where its cheaper, easier and you know the rules and the language. Get that off the ground and then see about trying to start something in Spain. Just remember the rules are so very different there and you'll need the knowledge

Jo xxx
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
If you have £23 a week disposable income in the UK you'd be mad to move to Spain right now. By all means start planning, learning the language and getting as much info as you can. in fact you'd be wise to try to start something in the UK where its cheaper, easier and you know the rules and the language. Get that off the ground and then see about trying to start something in Spain. Just remember the rules are so very different there and you'll need the knowledge

Jo xxx
thanks jojojojo. i definately agree with you on that one.. i now have the added issue of not knowing what to put my heart and soul into... moving over there or concentrating on building up my business here ... i dont have anything left to give here if im honest.. zapped out fed up and generally unhappy, and it goes alot further and deeper than just shitty summers here lol i hATE the uk with more passion than i have to continue puttin in :/
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

The problem is becoming a fully legal childminder. I knew someone whos child was in the "Dinky incident" where a few children died in a fire, and since then there are so many rules and regs.

http://elpais.com/diario/1997/03/01/...22_850215.html
We run under the umbrella of the language school and are fully insured etc through them. It has been checked and is fully legal.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
We run under the umbrella of the language school and are fully insured etc through them. It has been checked and is fully legal.
I wasnt talking about your set up, but someone becoming a childminder, as if it is a language school all the safety regs will have been met to grant the opening license.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:34 pm
Banned

thanks jojojojo. i definately agree with you on that one.. i now have the added issue of not knowing what to put my heart and soul into... moving over there or concentrating on building up my business here ... i dont have anything left to give here if im honest.. zapped out fed up and generally unhappy, and it goes alot further and deeper than just shitty summers here lol i hATE the uk with more passion than i have to continue puttin in :/
From my point of view, hating the UK is not a particularly good reason for moving to Spain............it is a bit like getting married because you dont like living at home, if you see what I mean, doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:35 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you about the UK, but having spent four years in spain and reluctantly having to return I do see that things are so much easier in the UK, even the little things like the language. Also the UK for all of its faults is a safe and secure place to live, I certainly appreciate it more than before I left it. There is a good welfare system here, yes its exploited and that needs sorting, but its also there for those who hit hard times.

Spain is a harsh country, it has no welfare or care, no family/child allowance, tax credits, income support...... nothing for those who havent paid into their system. In a lot of ways I actually prefer that, but to actually go over there and start a business will test you and you'll need a serious financial buffer. You MUST understand their rules, their language, their bureaucracy and their strange twists and turns. What is the case one day, probably wont be the next. Everything is slow and frustrating and costly.

Like I say, your best bet is to fully understand the costs and regulations first. Try it in the UK simply so that you know your capabilities. At least then you can take some inner knowledge and strength

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Aug 19th 2012 at 4:37 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

I wasnt talking about your set up, but someone becoming a childminder, as if it is a language school all the safety regs will have been met to grant the opening license.
We have the children in our home though, as well as having children from the language school for residential stays for full English immersion. It is very hard work and I don't think I could do it day in day out. But I think there is a window of opportunity there for someone, but possibly not on the coast. Most of the children we have are the children of professionals.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:40 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

My two pence worth: You'd be better concentrating on making your life in the UK better. Honestly there is no utopian country, if you are unhappy there you will be unhappy in Spain too. Moving doesn't make the problem go away. In this case it could make your situation far worse than it is already.

I know a family who ran away from the UK when things got on top of them. They are now stuck in Spain in a far worse situation than they ran away from and now not in a position to move back, as much as they would wish too.

So please think very carefully about running into a situation that you are not prepared for with no way out should it go pear shaped.

From everything you have written it does sound like you truly would be better staying where you are. If you are determined you can better your circumstances, and then may be in a few years time you will be in a better position to make the move to Spain. Spain isn't going anywhere anytime soon
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:51 pm
Banned

Also with incomers having to show that they have adequate income or savings to support themselves and familes and have private health care, it will make in extra difficult for people to come over and start from scratch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.