Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Old Aug 19th 2012, 5:04 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: childcare, dancers, entertainers (all recognised)

Maybe go to Spain a few times and do some serious fact finding, what area, what need for you sort of business, what regulations (all areas differ on that), potential costs/overheads etc

Jo xxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

definately word of mouth , as it is for me here which fortunately i was able to leave my job as a link club manager and "stole" some of their kids. OOps.. dog eat dog world etc etc. Would be sooo difficult starting out elsewhere and i would have to live out there before starting up which would be just stupid and i wouldnt take the risk. Hmmm it seems i may have to learn new skills.. languages etc . The red tape is no problem, there is way more in this country than any other i think! policies, health and safety, risk assessments etc, are not an issue for me i do have outstanding grades from Ofsted particularly for my paperwork .
Originally Posted by lynnxa
as there should be

there is quite a market here in the summer for English teens to earn some pocket money either babysitting (if they are old enough) or just playing with little Spanish children (with parents/g-parents/nannies in attendance) - and speaking English with them

it's all word of mouth, but both my girls have done some this summer & had their numbers taken by other families for next summer
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:31 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justjo76
definately word of mouth , as it is for me here which fortunately i was able to leave my job as a link club manager and "stole" some of their kids. OOps.. dog eat dog world etc etc. Would be sooo difficult starting out elsewhere and i would have to live out there before starting up which would be just stupid and i wouldnt take the risk. Hmmm it seems i may have to learn new skills.. languages etc . The red tape is no problem, there is way more in this country than any other i think! policies, health and safety, risk assessments etc, are not an issue for me i do have outstanding grades from Ofsted particularly for my paperwork .
You think? but ask anyone on here if the red tape is worse than the UK, you are quite frankly clueless......
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Maybe go to Spain a few times and do some serious fact finding, what area, what need for you sort of business, what regulations (all areas differ on that), potential costs/overheads etc

Jo xxx
thankyou thing is.. everytime i go out there i don't want to come back haha its upsetting I think I would like to stick with the majorca areas , one in particular porto colom which would be fantastic to live.. but too small for business. Arrghh just wish i could find some way to get out of here there must be a loophole lol an easy one . Pffttt life sucks thnks to everyone so far you're all really helpful and i really appreciate your input xx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JLFS
You think? but ask anyone on here if the red tape is worse than the UK, you are quite frankly clueless......
pardon???? so you work with kids for the last 5 years then have you???? do not insult me , thankyou. you do not know me or my situation and i wont be insulted like that. Clueless... OK!!!!! no.. thats why i spend most of my time filling out stupid forms and not actually having quality time with the kids i look after. I visited Majorca twice last year and their so called child care centres are appalling .. Ofsted would close them down and that was before i walked in the door
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

havent come here to argue or have any form of heated discussion.. i havent insulted anyone for wanting to follow their dream .. and as with anything new... if i knew everything i wouldnt need to be in here asking would i. Didnt expect to be insulted! Walk in my shoes then call me clueless!!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:44 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

havent come here to argue or have any form of heated discussion.. i havent insulted anyone for wanting to follow their dream .. and as with anything new... if i knew everything i wouldnt need to be in here asking would i. Didnt expect to be insulted! Walk in my shoes then call me clueless!!!
I was referring to red tape, why is that insluting, you are in for a big shock, even to join the library is a major hurdle.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe JLFS was trying to be derogatory about your current situation or you job skills/experiences in the UK, but rather trying to explain that you have no knowledge of the paperwork/admin etc etc in Spain. Could JLFS have used a better turn of phrase ... yes, but don't take that one word out of context, try and see past that and rather concentrate on the fact that people who live and work in Spain are trying to help you with background information and guide you to researching a move here.

Everyone in this thread it trying to help you by arming you with as much information as possible. They already live in Spain so you don't walk in their shoes either Just something to bear in mind.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

From my point of view, hating the UK is not a particularly good reason for moving to Spain............it is a bit like getting married because you dont like living at home, if you see what I mean, doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason.
It is not just for that reason although be it a very big one lol. I have felt like i don't belong in the u.k.. a little like a man wanting to be a woman so on the reverse side of the coin... some things just can't be left not when it's constantly on the mind and has been since i was ten
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue
I don't believe JLFS was trying to be derogatory about your current situation or you job skills/experiences in the UK, but rather trying to explain that you have no knowledge of the paperwork/admin etc etc in Spain. Could JLFS have used a better turn of phrase ... yes, but don't take that one word out of context, try and see past that and rather concentrate on the fact that people who live and work in Spain are trying to help you with background information and guide you to researching a move here.

Everyone in this thread it trying to help you by arming you with as much information as possible. They already live in Spain so you don't walk in their shoes either Just something to bear in mind.
Thank you Sue
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

It is not just for that reason although be it a very big one lol. I have felt like i don't belong in the u.k.. a little like a man wanting to be a woman so on the reverse side of the coin... some things just can't be left not when it's constantly on the mind and has been since i was ten
Then the best thing for you to do would be to go exploring - and learn the languages! You cant "belong" anywhere if you can't communicate

So for Mallorca you should be learning Spanish and Catalan - and then work out if the culture of where you're going is right for you. There really isnt any such thing as "Spanish culture", it depends on the region and village you'll be living in

For working in childcare most places in Spain require a degree nowadays. The nurseries I've seen are pretty good although you get a higher kids to adults ratio that in the UK. They are very affordable though which is a big plus

As for admin, yes generally worse in Spain than UK.

I wish you all the best, you have a very long road if you want to end up long term in Mallorca. If I were you I would learn Spanish first, then talk to the nurseries in the area you want to go to, to see what qualifications they require. Then do a Catalan course when you get there.

Maybe studying the language and researching 10-20 hours per week for the 4 or 5 years then you'll be in a good position
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue

yea i know... as you can see i am frustrated lol and often take things personally .. havent come to argue and i am sure JFLS doesnt want that either
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

i understand what you mean about belonging.. i guess spain is all i know.. and everytime i have visited there i have felt very much "at home" . i hae family who live in Australia and NZ .. could vacate their tomorrow if i wanted.. but as it's not just the hatred for the uk and it's climate etc.. i guess I just have that gut feeling that Spain is for me. 5years time.. hmmm perfect.. just as my youngest leaves college. So annoyed i didnt start this sooner, as i was fortunate enough at one time to take free courses (single mum, tax credits blah blah blah) and they abolished all that now havent they (bastards lol) so it's funding the courses now ... ggrrrr . But i am going to look into taking languages , thanks so much xx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

Thank you Sue
apologies if i took you the wrong way i know i am a div sometimes and take things way too personal! .. thanks Sue
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

I was referring to red tape, why is that insluting, you are in for a big shock, even to join the library is a major hurdle.
I was referring to red tape regarding working in child care lol ... genuine confusion i see there from both parts. I thought you were suggesting i was clueless regarding the constant barriers surrounding working with children nowadays and that Spain were more strict and i know the areas ive visited they leave young kids to play outside unattended etc... they dont carry out observations and risk assessments like i have to... i am sure you know a damn well lot more than i do regarding red tape in all other areas of a move though, thousand times more than i do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.