Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

chiclana update

chiclana update

Old May 30th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default chiclana update

This may well be just a rumour but I was told on Sunday that there is going to be an amnesty in September and that all houses built up to that time will be made legal except for any on white land which will be demolished.

Also an addendum on my meter, the builder has been around very worried as he is being fined €3000. This would of course be for the two houses. As he has been paying for 12 months for three houses electricity on the one meter he is not a happy man.

I also spoke to someone today who has no meter and said in response, "That he wasn´t bothered as he was getting it free off of the transformer".
Old May 30th 2006, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

scottie 50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chiclana update

Originally Posted by glynis
This may well be just a rumour but I was told on Sunday that there is going to be an amnesty in September and that all houses built up to that time will be made legal except for any on white land which will be demolished.

Also an addendum on my meter, the builder has been around very worried as he is being fined €3000. This would of course be for the two houses. As he has been paying for 12 months for three houses electricity on the one meter he is not a happy man.

I also spoke to someone today who has no meter and said in response, "That he wasn´t bothered as he was getting it free off of the transformer".
Hi Glynis,what do you mean by white land?.,and will there be fines after this so called amnesty.
Old May 30th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I can see why he's not happy - was he trying to get you to pay? I wonder if the same principle will apply to anyone who bought a generator? It doesn't seem fair does it but how do you prove you haven't had an illegal connection?

I've had this view expressed to me too but I think it's only a matter of time before Sevillana catch up with them.
Old May 31st 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
I can see why he's not happy - was he trying to get you to pay? I wonder if the same principle will apply to anyone who bought a generator? It doesn't seem fair does it but how do you prove you haven't had an illegal connection?

I've had this view expressed to me too but I think it's only a matter of time before Sevillana catch up with them.
Hi Dazzle
The thing is the builder has been paying for the electricity beecause we have been hooked up to a further neighbours meter but it is going to be difficult for him to prove, and no he doesn´t expect us to pay.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

May well be right , around us there is a illegal building festival at present , but have been told in Pago, and i know a long way off until urbanisation comes but the area will be shaped like the american grid system giving what they call blocks , at present 1/3 way down our street is planned a new road going thru to connect to the next street , the new road takes away 1/3 of land of two houses , 1 will take away garden for its spanish owners the other is an illegal build and road proposed takes away their swimming pool for brits who were forewarned but choose to ignore the fact , and of course both will have to pay for the privilege .All illegal houses if given amnesty will have to pay fines and anyone with extensions without permission to legal builds will pay fines , you do need planning permission for a swimming pool whether they enforce fines for that i don't know but would imagine if they do there won't be too many people who escape a fine .
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Cheers for that Glynis if you hear any more drop me a line

Regards steve
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Plans announced for further housing / social development , will now go on show for discussion , 1061 houses to be built at Los Caboneros most of them in 6 and 9 story blocks of flats , and at San Jaime again to the west of Chiclana 451 houses, again majority in 7 story flats , as part of the plan the developer must also urbanise the area .
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mourinho
May well be right , around us there is a illegal building festival at present , but have been told in Pago, and i know a long way off until urbanisation comes but the area will be shaped like the american grid system giving what they call blocks , at present 1/3 way down our street is planned a new road going thru to connect to the next street , the new road takes away 1/3 of land of two houses , 1 will take away garden for its spanish owners the other is an illegal build and road proposed takes away their swimming pool for brits who were forewarned but choose to ignore the fact , and of course both will have to pay for the privilege .All illegal houses if given amnesty will have to pay fines and anyone with extensions without permission to legal builds will pay fines , you do need planning permission for a swimming pool whether they enforce fines for that i don't know but would imagine if they do there won't be too many people who escape a fine .
Just got back from the UK so catching up on expat news. Where did you hear about this American grid system and where abouts in Pago are you talking about? p.s. Weather better in UK than here!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Just got back from the UK so catching up on expat news. Where did you hear about this American grid system and where abouts in Pago are you talking about? p.s. Weather better in UK than here!!!!

Talking about streets behind Sopressa / Casa Blas , friends have copy of urbanisation plan although not seen it myself yet , looking to get copy soon .
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:18 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Seems you might be right about the illegal extensions because we had a visit from the ayuntamiento today measuring our house to see if it's the same as on the town plans. I told a friend and she had them round 3 weeks ago for the same thing.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jjh
Seems you might be right about the illegal extensions because we had a visit from the ayuntamiento today measuring our house to see if it's the same as on the town plans. I told a friend and she had them round 3 weeks ago for the same thing.
And are you behind Supressa?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:51 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

And are you behind Supressa?
No, Glynis, we're not behind Venta Sorpressa, not even in Pago del Humo. We're on the other side of town about 10 minutes drive from Marquesado, towards Pina de los Francesas. Our road comprises mostly older houses with 3 or 4 new builds, but we're not one of them.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

A new department is to be set up in Chiclana to co ordinate the legalizing of approx 15000 houses , what they have said is no house will be legalized without the supply of amenities, the department will offer the services of architects and finance for those who require loans to pay the fees , the department opens early next year .
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 8:24 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

A new department is to be set up in Chiclana to co ordinate the legalizing of approx 15000 houses , what they have said is no house will be legalized without the supply of amenities, the department will offer the services of architects and finance for those who require loans to pay the fees , the department opens early next year .
I've heard this before and I believe you have to supply electricity bills and proof of IBI payments. Surely this is a catch 22 situation? I guess the question is what does legal mean and, if you pay everything i.e. IBI, basura and electricity and have your Escritura how do you know that you are legal?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 8:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
I've heard this before and I believe you have to supply electricity bills and proof of IBI payments. Surely this is a catch 22 situation? I guess the question is what does legal mean and, if you pay everything i.e. IBI, basura and electricity and have your Escritura how do you know that you are legal?
Possibly a picture of your house on the council map ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.