Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana - Rubbish

Chiclana - Rubbish

Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chiclana - Rubbish

There is a rubbish strike to be held from I think the 11th August, but, I have just gone and thrown the paper away, so pardon me if the date is wrong!!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:38 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana - Rubbish

Originally Posted by glynis
There is a rubbish strike to be held from I think the 11th August, but, I have just gone and thrown the paper away, so pardon me if the date is wrong!!!
That's the date I have seen, Glynis. According to the information that I have it's going to be an indefinite strike, unless they are offered a better pay deal.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
That's the date I have seen, Glynis. According to the information that I have it's going to be an indefinite strike, unless they are offered a better pay deal.
The smells from the bins are bad enough now, it will be absolutely terrible if it goes ahead.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Chiclana - Rubbish

Ah well, now the council is rounding up everyone to pay their basura rates, perhaps they will have enough money to satisfy the bin men's wage demands!!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:49 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by susique
Ah well, now the council is rounding up everyone to pay their basura rates, perhaps they will have enough money to satisfy the bin men's wage demands!!!
Well of course with all of us acquiring houses there their workload has probably increased significantly, plus all the extra rubbish that spills out having to be cleared, so i would think they are justified in asking for a pay rise.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poollounger
Well of course with all of us acquiring houses there their workload has probably increased significantly, plus all the extra rubbish that spills out having to be cleared, so i would think they are justified in asking for a pay rise.
I agree, unlike in England, I think they do a jolly good job of clearing rubbish. They always clear stuff away from the surrounding area as well as what is in the bins.

I was told by my neighbour to put garden waste on the ground, not in the bins, and of course, anything that might be remotely useful is not put into the bins either, usually this gets naturally recycled by passers by (me included - jolly good shelving for the trastero, amongst other goodies!). Can you imagine the mess if this system was adopted here? "Not picking that up it aint in the bin mate! Ooops spilled a bit - never mind not my problem....."
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poollounger
Absolutely. They have even taken bags off of me when I have been walking to the bins, can´t see that happening in the UK. However, some of the Spanish are lazy in that they don´t get out of the car and just throw their rubbish out onto the ground somewhere in the region of the bins and of course then it´s scavenged by the strays. Or else they won´t even put it anywhere near the bins. A house at the bottom of our road is delapitated and is being used as a dumping ground for rubbish. Unfortunately it is owned by three brothers who can´t agree on a price at which to sell it so it is just left to fall down. Such a shame.