British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Chiclana - News (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/chiclana-news-384911/)

Chiclanagir Jul 14th 2006 1:01 pm

Chiclana - News

There have been three or four fires in Chiclana this week including one at Campano Silicianos (not sure of spelling, so excuse me if wrong). This threatened the college there where there were 1000 students at summer school who had to be evacuated to the beach. Allegedly (I put this in in case my source is incorrect) a 52 year old man and a 22 yr old have been arrested for deliberately starting the fires. Again allegedly a real estate agent was involved to clear the land of pine trees so that planning permission would be given to build there in four or five years as the pine trees would have prevented the building, as they are protected.

The new shops next to the underground car park are due to be completed at the end of the summer and have already been let to, yes wait for it. Banks, insurance companies and restaurants. I am so excited, just put in a few charity shops and it will be like home!

NicCol Jul 14th 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Chiclana - News

Originally Posted by glynis
There have been three or four fires in Chiclana this week including one at Campano Silicianos (not sure of spelling, so excuse me if wrong). This threatened the college there where there were 1000 students at summer school who had to be evacuated to the beach. Allegedly (I put this in in case my source is incorrect) a 52 year old man and a 22 yr old have been arrested for deliberately starting the fires. Again allegedly a real estate agent was involved to clear the land of pine trees so that planning permission would be given to build there in four or five years as the pine trees would have prevented the building, as they are protected.

The new shops next to the underground car park are due to be completed at the end of the summer and have already been let to, yes wait for it. Banks, insurance companies and restaurants. I am so excited, just put in a few charity shops and it will be like home!

I read a report that said that Pago del Humo suffered one of these fires, I don't suppose you know anything about that do you Glynis?

Chiclanagir Jul 14th 2006 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by NicCol
I read a report that said that Pago del Humo suffered one of these fires, I don't suppose you know anything about that do you Glynis?

This was one of those fires but not so severe. It was on the outskirts apparently so would not have affected us.

poollounger Jul 15th 2006 10:45 am

I remember when looking at a property inland with olive groves being told that there were strict rules about maintaining the land around them to avoid the risk of forest fires. Glynis does this mean I have to bring my old stuff to Chiclna to donate to the charity shops so you can feel really at home, or are you content to browse through second hand castanets and mantillas?? :D

Mourinho Jul 15th 2006 12:02 pm

A 21 yr old man has been transferred to Seville prison after confessing to starting fires at campano and pago , faces 10 to 20 yrs in prison , also going to seville prison is a 33 yr old chiclana man accused of trying to set fire to his mother !!

On the wind the beach soccer tournament has been cancelled due to wind havn't been able to play and they say forecast the wind to get worse over the next few days .

Chiclanagir Jul 15th 2006 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho
A 21 yr old man has been transferred to Seville prison after confessing to starting fires at campano and pago , faces 10 to 20 yrs in prison , also going to seville prison is a 33 yr old chiclana man accused of trying to set fire to his mother !!

On the wind the beach soccer tournament has been cancelled due to wind havn't been able to play and they say forecast the wind to get worse over the next few days .

My God, he must have been desperate to set fire to your mother. It doesn´t bear thinking about. Can´t wait till Wednesday and to wake up to a light breeze blowing through my hair, although I haven´t got much of it.

Chiclanagir Jul 16th 2006 2:31 pm

According to Sur, property prices have risen in Chiclana by 14% in the last six months.

dazzle Jul 16th 2006 3:10 pm

According to Sur, property prices have risen in Chiclana by 14% in the last six months.

Yeah but we had to pay that to get a meter!! :)

Chiclanagir Jul 16th 2006 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle
Yeah but we had to pay that to get a meter!! :)

I know it´s going back to the old meter business, Dazzle, but, I still don´t understand why you had to pay and not your builder. All we paid was 139 euros connection charge. He paid the fine.

dazzle Jul 16th 2006 8:07 pm

I know it´s going back to the old meter business, Dazzle, but, I still don´t understand why you had to pay and not your builder. All we paid was 139 euros connection charge. He paid the fine.

Put it down to peace of mind. Having gone through a year of uncertainty, we just wanted to know that the it was all sorted and we wouldn't be disconnected again. It just wasn't worth going there.........

poollounger Jul 17th 2006 10:10 am

Well I thought the market had died at the moment.....rising prices, higher fuel costs in Britain. I am sure it will revive again unless there are some dire developments....just hope it doesn't get like Nerja where to buy a new affordable property with 300sq meters of plot is a rarity..

Mourinho Jul 18th 2006 6:47 pm

large fire today on conil / Roche border , roche urbanization was evacuated , planes , helicopters , numerous fire appliances brought in to control it ,

On a totally different matter Bricoking opens Thursday down by mcDs

dazzle Jul 18th 2006 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho
On a totally different matter Bricoking opens Thursday down by mcDs

What's that then Mourinho?

jdr Jul 18th 2006 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle
What's that then Mourinho?

DIY shop ;)

dazzle Jul 18th 2006 7:30 pm