Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

chiclana -good news?

chiclana -good news?

Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chiclana -good news?

Originally Posted by poollounger
Glynis, and even then it may be a case of which Endesa official is making the pronouncement !! Like YMF we were told that we had our own meter, it even says it in the contract, and indeed we do. All we need to clarify on our next visit is the meter number on the re-issued bill and whether it corresponds to an amount we have been charged. These forums are very helpful and constructive, but can also cause a lot of scaremongering. A bit like looking up medical symptoms on the internet, when one begins to imagine the worst. YMF I was talking to a woman in the Florentina who had gone to the expense of the plans etc that you mention, having been advised that that was the way to go. When she presented it to the town hall, I believe it was so she could be registered for the IB tax, she was told she needn't have bothered and would be billed in the fullness of time.
I have every sympathy with those who have no elex and how uncomfortable that must be, and was upset at the thought of possibly being cut off in my absence and the plants dying through lack of water. Then I considered that my neighbour would probably give them a drink or two until my next visit. And then there was the news footage about those poor people in Africa and the terrible floods wrecking their homes, their crops, their livestock, their foodsource and I am simply not worrying another iota. Que sera sera.

Who was the woman in Florentina? Our neighbour also did all of this, encouraged by the solicitor and estate agent, both of whom kept putting the price up. We were told just to go in and fill in a form, which we did. Neither of us have heard anything since which was 18 months ago.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Glynis, and even then it may be a case of which Endesa official is making the pronouncement !! Like YMF we were told that we had our own meter, it even says it in the contract, and indeed we do. All we need to clarify on our next visit is the meter number on the re-issued bill and whether it corresponds to an amount we have been charged. These forums are very helpful and constructive, but can also cause a lot of scaremongering. A bit like looking up medical symptoms on the internet, when one begins to imagine the worst. YMF I was talking to a woman in the Florentina who had gone to the expense of the plans etc that you mention, having been advised that that was the way to go. When she presented it to the town hall, I believe it was so she could be registered for the IB tax, she was told she needn't have bothered and would be billed in the fullness of time.
I have every sympathy with those who have no elex and how uncomfortable that must be, and was upset at the thought of possibly being cut off in my absence and the plants dying through lack of water. Then I considered that my neighbour would probably give them a drink or two until my next visit. And then there was the news footage about those poor people in Africa and the terrible floods wrecking their homes, their crops, their livestock, their foodsource and I am simply not worrying another iota. Que sera sera.
I was going to go down the same lines & get the property registered etc, but was told why pay twice because when they get round to urbanisation of pago i would have to pay then, so i was told rightly or wrongly save your money until they come knocking on your door
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:20 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Once again I think the issue is very complicated, our house is on divided land, in order to register our section of that land with the Cadastral we need to supply plans that show exactly which parts of it we own and what buildings are on it. Then when we get our Cadastral registration number we can submit that to Chiclana to be assessed for IBI.

I suppose it is a similar system to the UK used to have, now of course property is divided into bands so you pay according to which category you fit into. Here it seems each property is assessed separately and unless they know what you have they cannot know what to charge you.

That is my understanding of it, it is not necessarily correct but I do trust my estate agent and their knowledge of Chiclana and how it works.

Yvonne
Old Sep 10th 2006, 11:24 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YMF
Once again I think the issue is very complicated, our house is on divided land, in order to register our section of that land with the Cadastral we need to supply plans that show exactly which parts of it we own and what buildings are on it. Then when we get our Cadastral registration number we can submit that to Chiclana to be assessed for IBI.

I suppose it is a similar system to the UK used to have, now of course property is divided into bands so you pay according to which category you fit into. Here it seems each property is assessed separately and unless they know what you have they cannot know what to charge you.

That is my understanding of it, it is not necessarily correct but I do trust my estate agent and their knowledge of Chiclana and how it works.

Yvonne
Yvonne is your plot 'indiviso' or a horizontal divide ??
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:00 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Yvonne is your plot 'indiviso' or a horizontal divide ??
It is horizontal divide