Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana - electric

Chiclana - electric

Old Oct 8th 2005, 3:13 pm
  #91  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 166
steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by steve in pago
PM sent

Jan have sent reply to ur hotmail
steve in pago is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:46 am
  #92  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Chiclana
Posts: 3,327
Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Steve

Is this an electrician working for Endessa? If my builder has already put in an application how can I chase it? Understand that Endessa can fine us any news on that?

Can you give me the solar heating pool stuff again. Have lost it.
Chiclanagir is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:54 am
  #93  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: UK/Costa Luz
Posts: 399
dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Glynis, are you sure that the your application was actually accepted by Endesa? My understanding was that they wouldn't or couldn't accept any applications until this very recent development.
dazzle is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:14 am
  #94  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 166
steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by glynis
Steve

Is this an electrician working for Endessa? If my builder has already put in an application how can I chase it? Understand that Endessa can fine us any news on that?

Can you give me the solar heating pool stuff again. Have lost it.

Hi Glynis not sure if he is, but he's working with the guy that is sorting out my application, i would chase the builder again & see if he has actually applied see if you can see any relevant paper work etc.

That pool heater details are http://rudy-shop.com/buyheatingen.html
steve in pago is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:06 pm
  #95  
Not Junior but not Senior
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,052
poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by NicCol
The house is down a lane which you turn off from the main road inbetween Florentina (is that how you spell it?) and the pharmacy. The lawyer we are using is the one who picked up that we were buying with a untrustworthy builder in the first place, we lost a lot of money, and he refused to charge us for the work as he thought we had lost enough! We are not using an established estate agent, but someone who we have met whilst trying to find somewhere else.

The builder has sad he can't promise a meter straight away as the companies will not issue new ones at the moment (is this true?) But said he will fit one as soon as he was allowed. We thought we would hold some money back to encourage him not to forget.

Comments on all this would be much appreciated!
Hi Niccol......Have finally bought in Pago, completed last week after a year of searching... a very long saga. Thru attempting an inland purchase at Puerto Serano, a cortijo at Moron and finally a chalet at Pago. We dealt with Jackie Lopez at Unseen Spain and I find it difficut to fault her. She was the most clued up agent re local regs etc, and drives around with a folder of all the plans, to check on sites. There was a property that was top of the list, but the agreement to share the meter had been rescinded by the neighbour, and she said there was no way she would let us proceed without a legal meter. Our place is on the other side of the road betwixt the Forentina and the Sopresa, and is a freehold plot which the solicitor assured us was unusual and excellent. I am glad to have found this site and look forward to reading much more about you guys who have bought in Pago/Chiclana
poollounger is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:31 pm
  #96  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: UK/Costa Luz
Posts: 399
dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Congratulations poollounger. Is your property a holiday home or are you planning the big move?
dazzle is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 4:27 pm
  #97  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Chiclana
Posts: 3,327
Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

What do you mean freehold? I was under the belief that all our properties were freehold and it was just normally leasehold when in a block of apartments! When are you promised your electric meter.........
Chiclanagir is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:59 pm
  #98  
jjh
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: La Saucedilla, Chiclana
Posts: 920
jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by glynis
What do you mean freehold? I was under the belief that all our properties were freehold and it was just normally leasehold when in a block of apartments! When are you promised your electric meter.........

Me too, Glynis.
jjh is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:23 pm
  #99  
Not Junior but not Senior
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,052
poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by glynis
What do you mean freehold? I was under the belief that all our properties were freehold and it was just normally leasehold when in a block of apartments! When are you promised your electric meter.........
We have our meter already and were powered up the day we completed. The agent said she would stand in line and get the account put into our name, but the vendor, who seems well connected said he would do it by telephone. And so it seems to have been done. There is already a meter at the property. It is a new build.
Ok the freehold bit can be a bit confusing. As I understand it the horizontal divide allows, for eg., two houses to be built on a plot which is the legal minimum. There is then a contract between the two owners stating that they own 50% of the plot. This is acceptable to banks etc for mortgage purposes. The is also something called 'indiviso' where many share a larger plot with no delineations, but I was told that this is not acceptable for a mortgage. My plot is entirely owned by ourselves,with no sub-contract. If anyone knows any different perhaps they can post??
poollounger is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:30 pm
  #100  
Not Junior but not Senior
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,052
poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by glynis
What do you mean freehold? I was under the belief that all our properties were freehold and it was just normally leasehold when in a block of apartments! When are you promised your electric meter.........
By the way, Quimi Pool also offer the solar pool heating system, and they said it can be fitted retrospectively. We are making a decision as to whether they or a local builder are to install our pool. Quimi seem to offer standard choice of tiles etc, while as local buider can offer colour variations. Some friends of mine were the subjetc of a TV show choosing between houses in Devon and South Africa--they chose neither in the end--but one of the houses featured had a black pool, which apparently retains the heat better, hence it is warmer. We are looking at a lovely deep turquoise blue.
poollounger is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:12 pm
  #101  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 143
NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by poollounger
Hi Niccol......Have finally bought in Pago, completed last week after a year of searching... a very long saga. Thru attempting an inland purchase at Puerto Serano, a cortijo at Moron and finally a chalet at Pago. We dealt with Jackie Lopez at Unseen Spain and I find it difficut to fault her. She was the most clued up agent re local regs etc, and drives around with a folder of all the plans, to check on sites. There was a property that was top of the list, but the agreement to share the meter had been rescinded by the neighbour, and she said there was no way she would let us proceed without a legal meter. Our place is on the other side of the road betwixt the Forentina and the Sopresa, and is a freehold plot which the solicitor assured us was unusual and excellent. I am glad to have found this site and look forward to reading much more about you guys who have bought in Pago/Chiclana
At last someone with some good news!! I hope you'll be very happy.

We are coming out this weekend to check on progress, we are nearly there now! We are also going to check the water, as jjh suggested, what is your water like?

Would you tell me who your builder is (if you don't want to on this site, please pm me, as I know my builder was hoping to complete with someone English, I was just wondering, or is it hoping, its you, considering your success with the meter.
NicCol is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:26 am
  #102  
Not Junior but not Senior
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,052
poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by NicCol
At last someone with some good news!! I hope you'll be very happy.

We are coming out this weekend to check on progress, we are nearly there now! We are also going to check the water, as jjh suggested, what is your water like?

Would you tell me who your builder is (if you don't want to on this site, please pm me, as I know my builder was hoping to complete with someone English, I was just wondering, or is it hoping, its you, considering your success with the meter.
have sent you a PM
poollounger is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:07 pm
  #103  
BE Enthusiast
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by poollounger
Hi Niccol......Have finally bought in Pago, completed last week after a year of searching... a very long saga. Thru attempting an inland purchase at Puerto Serano, a cortijo at Moron and finally a chalet at Pago. We dealt with Jackie Lopez at Unseen Spain and I find it difficut to fault her. She was the most clued up agent re local regs etc, and drives around with a folder of all the plans, to check on sites. There was a property that was top of the list, but the agreement to share the meter had been rescinded by the neighbour, and she said there was no way she would let us proceed without a legal meter. Our place is on the other side of the road betwixt the Forentina and the Sopresa, and is a freehold plot which the solicitor assured us was unusual and excellent. I am glad to have found this site and look forward to reading much more about you guys who have bought in Pago/Chiclana
Hi Poollounger

Please read my post "Spanish home buyers beware" url pasted below. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253684
A warning for some people but maybe too late for others!!
mitzipurr is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:27 pm
  #104  
Not Junior but not Senior
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,052
poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi Poollounger

Please read my post "Spanish home buyers beware" url pasted below. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253684
A warning for some people but maybe too late for others!!
Hi Mitzipurr
Yes I have read all your threads with interest. Without hearing both sides of the story I cannot comment..it wouldn't be fair. I am sory for the trouble you seem to be having. I also have a Spanish friend who has a house in Barossa which she bought years agao,and she has no problems whatsoever. You do seem to have bought your house as an 'indiviso' as opposed to a horizontal divide or a freehold, which I was advised against, as I was told that banks won't lend as they cannot be clear which actual piece of the land belongs to you. On my escritura there are clear descriptions of the site, with details of the boundaries north south east and west plans of the house, the mortgage valuation report.It even states that 20 meters of the plot size are part of the communal cul de sac and cannot be obtructed. And a clear statement that it is a freehold site, not a horizontal divide. If in spite of all this something goes wrong well then I will have to suck it and see!! There is also a clear, to scale, plan of the house accompanying the deeds which was registered and ratified at the notario. What more can one do??
poollounger is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:45 pm
  #105  
BE Enthusiast
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by poollounger
Hi Mitzipurr
Yes I have read all your threads with interest. Without hearing both sides of the story I cannot comment..it wouldn't be fair. I am sory for the trouble you seem to be having. I also have a Spanish friend who has a house in Barossa which she bought years agao,and she has no problems whatsoever. You do seem to have bought your house as an 'indiviso' as opposed to a horizontal divide or a freehold, which I was advised against, as I was told that banks won't lend as they cannot be clear which actual piece of the land belongs to you. On my escritura there are clear descriptions of the site, with details of the boundaries north south east and west plans of the house, the mortgage valuation report.It even states that 20 meters of the plot size are part of the communal cul de sac and cannot be obtructed. And a clear statement that it is a freehold site, not a horizontal divide. If in spite of all this something goes wrong well then I will have to suck it and see!! There is also a clear, to scale, plan of the house accompanying the deeds which was registered and ratified at the notario. What more can one do??


Hi Poollounger

Sorry but you are incorrect re land. It clearly states on both my nota simpla that my land is horizontally divided. It has taken some time but the whole matter is very shortly being dealt with by a competent lawyer who is absolutely appalled at the way I have been treated by various parties. It will take some time but he is very confident that I will win my case.

Your Spanish must be excellent if you can read all this information for yourself about your land etc from the Escitura. I have had mine translated and officially stamped by an authorised Spanish to English translator and the information is nowhere near what I was told or not told originally by parties whom had a vested interest in the sale.

However I do hope all goes well for you as I would not wish my situation on anyone else.
mitzipurr is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.