Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana - electric

Chiclana - electric

Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana - electric

There is a website www.elsotillo.com

I've never been but as it's quite close to our place we hear the music on summer nights. I always had the impression it was a function type place but I could be wrong.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dazzle
There is a website www.elsotillo.com

I've never been but as it's quite close to our place we hear the music on summer nights. I always had the impression it was a function type place but I could be wrong.

I think I have seen a 200m sign on the road on the left hand side going from the venta florin towards venta lopez (from memory anyway)

To cindyp, I agree, everything can go a lot smoother with shared experiences, and its good to keep in touch. I am sure we have all chose the area, as it Spain and not Britain in the sun like CDS.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NicCol
I think I have seen a 200m sign on the road on the left hand side going from the venta florin towards venta lopez (from memory anyway)

Yes that's where it is, come out of Novo past Venta Lopez and if you look across the fields to the left you can see a blue waterslide, thats it, there are signs around the local area. I've also seen signs from the other side in the area of Supersol but I don't know exactly how you get to it from there.

It seems from the website that there are plans for a hotel next year, will have to go and look next time I'm across.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:10 am
Paul&Nicki

Question Re: Chiclana - electric

Hi Dazzle,
just being nosey here as we're opposite the Bar Venta Lopez, a few roads back from the wooden house.

Just been on www.elsoltillo.com, but can't see any mention of a new hotel in either the english or spanish web pages.

Does nayone else have any information?
thanks

Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul&Nicki
Hi Dazzle,
just being nosey here as we're opposite the Bar Venta Lopez, a few roads back from the wooden house.

Just been on www.elsoltillo.com, but can't see any mention of a new hotel in either the english or spanish web pages.

Does nayone else have any information?
thanks
sorry my mistake - it's on the Cortijo Corbacho grande part of the site and that out towards medina I think, although if you click the where are we link it shows it to be on the same site as El Sotillo.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:26 am
Paul&Nicki

Thumbs up Re: Chiclana - electric

Originally Posted by dazzle
sorry my mistake - it's on the Cortijo Corbacho grande part of the site and that out towards medina I think, although if you click the where are we link it shows it to be on the same site as El Sotillo.
Thanks Dazzle, no problem,
I have heard there are plans for some hotels and golf course out towards medina, but don't quote me on that. You know how rumours spread.

Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

nobby2 is an unknown quantity at this point

re chiclana (no) electric i have just joined expats as i to have no electric in pago but have been advised by my solicitor no problem your top of the list .but has anybody been connected in the past few months ?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have lost count of the number of rumours I have heard over the last few months particularly over "who is top of the list" but I've never heard of one single person actually being connected unless there was already a meter there.

Sorry, but I would treat anything you're told about this with a huge pinch of salt.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to ask exactly the same thing. How does one get to see "the list" and has anyone been connected who had a problem? I bumped into someone with a holiday house by Venta Reya and they had literally been cut off again a few days prior to our meeting, so it is still happening and nothing appears to have been resolved.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:32 pm
Crouching Tiger

david_cadiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynis
I was going to ask exactly the same thing. How does one get to see "the list" and has anyone been connected who had a problem? I bumped into someone with a holiday house by Venta Reya and they had literally been cut off again a few days prior to our meeting, so it is still happening and nothing appears to have been resolved.

Yeah I heard of someone being cut off on Monday. So it's still happening. If only they would realise there is money to be made and to just get on with it and put the metres in..... SIGH!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke to someone today and they said that you can now apply for a meter just by showing your deeds, passport and bank details. Anyone willing to try it?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

Spoke to someone today and they said that you can now apply for a meter just by showing your deeds, passport and bank details. Anyone willing to try it?
Hi Glynnis

I last had an application in to Endessa around mid October, the report that they issue, dated 20th October, was fine except that they required the Licence of First Occupation, something I cannot yet provide. I have 3 months from the date of the report to get it or to get around it.

In applying I provided NIE details, copy passport, copy escritura and exact location of house.

Regards

Flamingo
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

That sounds as though there hasn't been any change then flamingo because as I understand it, that is the missing document that has prevented Endesa supplying meters all along.

"The way round it" is what we've all been waiting for all these months and it's what the Town Hall are supposed to be sorting out.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where do we get the Licence of First Occupation?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Where do we get the Licence of First Occupation?
Glynis - The Town Hall issue these to the Builder of a new property. I think it's the final statement in the planning process that says the house is ready for the first occupation. you need this to get utilities connected.

However, if the Builder never applied for the appropriate licences(planning permission etc) in the first place (as appears to be common practice in Chiclana) then it can't be issued and therefore electicity can't be connected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.