Chiclana?

Old Oct 27th 2019, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

jeweller22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chiclana?

Any thoughts about the desirability of this place (and/or it's environs) as a retirement destination? Anywhere nearby to avoid?
Old Oct 27th 2019, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana?

Originally Posted by jeweller22
Any thoughts about the desirability of this place (and/or it's environs) as a retirement destination? Anywhere nearby to avoid?
Lovely place but I would take issue over communications. Sevilla airport not that well-connected.It becomes a pain if you want to go anywhere.
Old Oct 27th 2019, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

jeweller22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Noted, thank you. Very specifically, supposing yourself to be in my position (intending to take on an initial 3-6 month let but with a modest budget) where would you choose to live (say ideally 5 miles or less to the sea; decent local food shops)?
Old Oct 27th 2019, 5:58 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Lovely place but I would take issue over communications. Sevilla airport not that well-connected.It becomes a pain if you want to go anywhere.
Hola

What utter Tosh …. The nearest airports are Jerez and Gibraltar with Seville (75 mins away) third closest. Chiclana may not be everyone's cup of tea bit I say of it "Vivo en un paraiso se llama Chiclana" or I live in a paradise that calls itself Chiclana

Davexf
Old Oct 27th 2019, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Seville is well connected for buses and trains
Old Oct 28th 2019, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

What utter Tosh …. The nearest airports are Jerez and Gibraltar with Seville (75 mins away) third closest. Chiclana may not be everyone's cup of tea bit I say of it "Vivo en un paraiso se llama Chiclana" or I live in a paradise that calls itself Chiclana

Davexf
Do agree with your point , it is a lovely place as is that stretch of the coast . My point was more to do with the inconvenience of travelling , Jerez and Gibralter are hardly well-routed international airports and Seville is fairly limited. By train it is over 2 hours away and even longer by bus. It simply depends on your priorites .
The eastern Med and also Costa del Sol offer similar advantages with the plus of well-connected flights.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 2:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading that 50% of the homes in Chiclana were illegal. Has that now been rectified?
Old Oct 28th 2019, 4:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Do agree with your point , it is a lovely place as is that stretch of the coast . My point was more to do with the inconvenience of travelling , Jerez and Gibralter are hardly well-routed international airports and Seville is fairly limited. By train it is over 2 hours away and even longer by bus. It simply depends on your priorites .
The eastern Med and also Costa del Sol offer similar advantages with the plus of well-connected flights.
Hola
Seville airport is the sixth busiest inland airport in Spain. It is the main international airport serving Western Andalusia in southern Spain, and neighbouring provinces. The airport has flight connections to 42 destinations around Europe

QED?

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Oct 28th 2019 at 4:57 pm. Reason: Copy and paste had not owrked correctly
Old Oct 28th 2019, 4:50 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
I remember reading that 50% of the homes in Chiclana were illegal. Has that now been rectified?
Hola

No but it isn't a problem especially with the new decreto which gives the right to an AFO. The illegal houses are over 6 years old and not in specially protected land (until the PGOU town plan gets annulled and we revert to the 1987 PGOU town plan). There are many worse off regions where there are much greater problems.

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Oct 28th 2019 at 4:52 pm. Reason: typo