Chiclana

Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chiclana

Apparently the Partido Popular are reporting to the prosecution service the irregularities of estate agents in Chiclana. Full report in Typically Spanish website.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

The London man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Apparently the Partido Popular are reporting to the prosecution service the irregularities of estate agents in Chiclana. Full report in Typically Spanish website.
Its about time someone checked into Chilana Homes, most of all the houses he has built are illegal, and not built to the required standard
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:02 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Hi Chiclanagirl, lets hope this gets the ball rolling and the problems start to get sorted. It's about time some one took notice of what is going on here to so many people.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chiclanagir,

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Chiclana, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to see you about again

I haven't noticed you posting much lately, and was hoping that all was well with you?
Perhaps we're just not posting on the same threads??

Anyway, do hope you are OK.
All good wishes,
from Sam.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:29 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Good to have you reporting and keeping the topic alive Chiclanagir. Was online to a guy who bought from the same oceanic estate agent as you did. He was disconnected in November 2005 after the illegal connection his estate agent arranged for him was detected, and he finally managed to get a meter two weeks ago!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Good to have you reporting and keeping the topic alive Chiclanagir. Was online to a guy who bought from the same oceanic estate agent as you did. He was disconnected in November 2005 after the illegal connection his estate agent arranged for him was detected, and he finally managed to get a meter two weeks ago!!
Interesting. Love the way you have disguised the actual name of the estate agent...........the first of the houses behind us look like it will shortly be occupied but no sign of any electricity although there is a transformer but no apparent connection to anything. Will need to keep an eye on our meter too. Took us long enough to get one.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

Hi Folks

We were in Pago del Humo in mid March and altho we looked for them we could not find any new transformers. We did see a good number of new pylons and cabling in Camino del Boyal, but this all went to an old existing transformer, not a new one as we have been led to believe.

Where are the ne w transformers being put in.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:13 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flamingo
Hi Folks

We were in Pago del Humo in mid March and altho we looked for them we could not find any new transformers. We did see a good number of new pylons and cabling in Camino del Boyal, but this all went to an old existing transformer, not a new one as we have been led to believe.

Where are the new transformers being put in.
Flamingo we are out week after next. Our neighbours who were disconnected last November are still without elex. New cables and pylons have been erected in the road, but he thinks it could be another couple of months before they go live. We are in Upper Pago. The other side to the Florentina.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

So, no new transfomers in place then?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:06 pm
Chiclanero

Hi to everybody out there. My aim is to advise people NOT to buy in Chiclana because I don't want anyone else to fall into the same traps we did or be conned by unscrupulous Estate Agents or their mainly British reps, dodgy builders,lying Lawyers or nefarious Notaries. Anyone having ANY info they think is of use please pass it on and I will do the same. I live in Rana Verde.

Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanero
Hi to everybody out there. My aim is to advise people NOT to buy in Chiclana because I don't want anyone else to fall into the same traps we did or be conned by unscrupulous Estate Agents or their mainly British reps, dodgy builders,lying Lawyers or nefarious Notaries. Anyone having ANY info they think is of use please pass it on and I will do the same. I live in Rana Verde.
Who are you to tell people NOT to buy in Chiclana ? , if you do your homework , check things out and not arrive on a short viewing trip and buy straight away you might not fall in to the traps the unscrupulous officials have waiting for those carried away on the fact they must have a house in spain to keep up with friends and neighbours .

Saying that i would also say DO NOT buy in Chiclana to all those nieve Brits looking for the latest must have , keep Chiclana Spanish !
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

CHICLANERO

What are you saying, I too live in Chiclana in fact I live in Rana Verde and I had a great estate agent who was very honest and still 4 years later gives good customer care. If you have experience something that was unscrupulous and has caused you upset, you can tell us about it but to join us here with your first post and say these thing to upset people, both in the UK looking to move to Spain and to people like me who live here.

Yes there are big problems here re builders, estate agents, electric and goodness know what else, but there are also a lot of people that live here that have none of these problems me being one of them and I know of many more.

Maybe you should post again, and this time take time to state your case clearly. What is going on here is no different to most of Spain.

PS If you are so anti Chiclana why in gods name are you calling yourself Chiclanero, that is something one would use if they were proud to be one.

Last edited by crispy; Apr 26th 2007 at 11:04 pm. Reason: tone it down, as I was really angry when I wrote it. Sorry
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:07 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Well lets here your advice then.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Muchacha is on a distinguished road

I view this site regularly and this is my first post. I had promised myself that if I ever did post it would be positive. Apologies in advance but this post is rather negative, I too am a victim of the horrible situation in Chiclana relating the illegal builds and disconnection of electricity.

Many posters here seem to be of the opinion that illegal properties are only bought by naïve (at best) or greedy stupid people (at worst). I have lived in Chiclana for four years, prior to that I rented a property for 12 months in order to improve my language skills, understand the culture and understand how property buying works. My property was bought with an independent lawyer a fully translated contract and was signed and stamped by the Notario. It has since been inscribed and all taxes paid. None of this is enough to protect people from corrupt council officials or unscrupulous builders and estate agents.

My property has been re designated to White land (Agricultural), it was purchased on Yellow and the Escritura clearly states the land designation is Urbana (Yellow). I have been without electricity for over 18 months and there are no signs of mains power being restored anytime soon.

So I agree with both of the above posters. If you are English be very very careful if you intend to buy property in Chiclana (I am unable to comment on the rest of Spain because Chiclana is the only place I have ever bought a property). And I also agree to keep Chiclana Spanish. They don’t seem to have any concerns about illegal builds and it appears to be completely normal to them to build a house without permits and then steal electricity. There are no checks and balances in the Spanish house buying process which safeguard the purchaser, there is no recompense to any official or lawyer. The whole situation is a disgrace and those people who have not been affected by this should thank their lucky stars. Just as people who have been affected are not naïve or stupid, it is good luck - not good judgement which has resulted in some NOT being affected. Thank you – rant over!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:17 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Muchacha
I view this site regularly and this is my first post. I had promised myself that if I ever did post it would be positive. Apologies in advance but this post is rather negative, I too am a victim of the horrible situation in Chiclana relating the illegal builds and disconnection of electricity.

Many posters here seem to be of the opinion that illegal properties are only bought by naïve (at best) or greedy stupid people (at worst). I have lived in Chiclana for four years, prior to that I rented a property for 12 months in order to improve my language skills, understand the culture and understand how property buying works. My property was bought with an independent lawyer a fully translated contract and was signed and stamped by the Notario. It has since been inscribed and all taxes paid. None of this is enough to protect people from corrupt council officials or unscrupulous builders and estate agents.

My property has been re designated to White land (Agricultural), it was purchased on Yellow and the Escritura clearly states the land designation is Urbana (Yellow). I have been without electricity for over 18 months and there are no signs of mains power being restored anytime soon.

So I agree with both of the above posters. If you are English be very very careful if you intend to buy property in Chiclana (I am unable to comment on the rest of Spain because Chiclana is the only place I have ever bought a property). And I also agree to keep Chiclana Spanish. They don’t seem to have any concerns about illegal builds and it appears to be completely normal to them to build a house without permits and then steal electricity. There are no checks and balances in the Spanish house buying process which safeguard the purchaser, there is no recompense to any official or lawyer. The whole situation is a disgrace and those people who have not been affected by this should thank their lucky stars. Just as people who have been affected are not naïve or stupid, it is good luck - not good judgement which has resulted in some NOT being affected. Thank you – rant over!!
Area please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.