Chiclana

Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Chalkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chiclana

Hi There I am new to this site, but I have been reading some very interesting threads. Im reading about the electricity and other issues in the Chiclana area............JUST HOW BAD IS IT??. And is it the whole of the CDL area, as I am thinking of buying a house in this area.

TY
Concerned
:scared: :scared:
Old Dec 30th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by Chalkie
Hi There I am new to this site, but I have been reading some very interesting threads. Im reading about the electricity and other issues in the Chiclana area............JUST HOW BAD IS IT??. And is it the whole of the CDL area, as I am thinking of buying a house in this area.

TY
Concerned
:scared: :scared:
Chiclana has far to many illegal properties and if I was you I would look elsewhere. It is very tempting I know that you can buy a lovely new detached house with its own plot for 210.000 euros or even less. What a bargain! However there is a reason for this ie. no electric contract (or any hope of ever getting one), no planning permission, illegal division of plot, built in the wrong zone etc etc. To make matters worse many estate agents have no qualms at all in off loading dodgy property on the unsuspecting purchaser.

In my opinion Chiclana does not lag too far behind Marbella when it comes to the matter of corruption.

I am sorry I cannot answer about how bad the rest of the CDL is but perhaps another member can.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana

Okay the situation isn't good, but, that shouldn't put you off buying here Chalkie. Just go into it with your eyes wide open. Do not buy without an electric meter no matter what promises are made. Always use a lawyer who is not connected with an estate agent, preferably not working from Chiclana. As stated before this is a lovely place to live and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Spain. There are legal properties to be had so just BE CAREFUL.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by glynis
Okay the situation isn't good, but, that shouldn't put you off buying here Chalkie. Just go into it with your eyes wide open. Do not buy without an electric meter no matter what promises are made. Always use a lawyer who is not connected with an estate agent, preferably not working from Chiclana. As stated before this is a lovely place to live and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Spain. There are legal properties to be had so just BE CAREFUL.

Thankyou for that bit of good advise, but could you tell which areas are in the yellow zone, as I have been told these are the ones to go for. Again TY.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Parts of Pago de Humo are yellow but you have to be careful as there are some that are white. do not touch these. You are best to download an urbanisation map from the official Chiclana website. Obviously you can buy in an urbanisation within townn including Los Gallos, but, you will pay a lot more. Just remember that old adage, "Buyer Beware". Someone I know bought in Pago way, way out by the Dogs and Cats Refuge. There are three houses on their own surrounded by countryside. No meters and obviously illegal, but, if you look at their position it speaks for itself.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by glynis
Parts of Pago de Humo are yellow but you have to be careful as there are some that are white. do not touch these. You are best to download an urbanisation map from the official Chiclana website. Obviously you can buy in an urbanisation within townn including Los Gallos, but, you will pay a lot more. Just remember that old adage, "Buyer Beware". Someone I know bought in Pago way, way out by the Dogs and Cats Refuge. There are three houses on their own surrounded by countryside. No meters and obviously illegal, but, if you look at their position it speaks for itself.
Ty for that Glynis, could I ask you have you got a link to the offical Chiclana web site.

Ian
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chalkie
Ty for that Glynis, could I ask you have you got a link to the offical Chiclana web site.

Ian
Try going into www.mycadiz.biz I think there is a link from there. Also if you are in Chiclana if you go to the Post Office, cross the road and walk down towards the Chinese there is an underground car park with a dress shop on one side and a estate agents on the other with a "tunnel" In there is a shop that sells various stationary etc and on the wall is a map of the urbanisation. You can get copies printed off.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:02 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Sent you a private message. Happy New yearand Good Luck and yes take the advice and don't buy in Chiclana ..it's a great area and risks being spoiled by too many expats buying there!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 5:16 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Sent you a private message. Happy New yearand Good Luck and yes take the advice and don't buy in Chiclana ..it's a great area and risks being spoiled by too many expats buying there!!!!!!!!
What, ex-pats like you and like me? I've lived here a few years and wouldn't dare criticise others for doing the same. We can have ex-pats without Chiclana 'being spoiled'.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jjh
What, ex-pats like you and like me? I've lived here a few years and wouldn't dare criticise others for doing the same. We can have ex-pats without Chiclana 'being spoiled'.
I think poollounger was joking! But the area is so nice, the council are going to have to be very careful to keep it under control.. I hear Jerez is getting a new runway, and a hostess on Ryanair said they were looking to extend the number of flights there with a possibility of an East Midland to Jerez flight (which would be great from a selfish point of view!!)
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:53 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicCol
I think poollounger was joking! But the area is so nice, the council are going to have to be very careful to keep it under control.. I hear Jerez is getting a new runway, and a hostess on Ryanair said they were looking to extend the number of flights there with a possibility of an East Midland to Jerez flight (which would be great from a selfish point of view!!)
Actually NicCol I don't think poollounger was joking as I've read similar thoughts from her/him on other threads on this site. I live here full time and live in a very Spanish barrio, but I get really incensed when people criticise others for doing what they themselves have done.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by jjh
Actually NicCol I don't think poollounger was joking as I've read similar thoughts from her/him on other threads on this site. I live here full time and live in a very Spanish barrio, but I get really incensed when people criticise others for doing what they themselves have done.
The fear is that once you have bought here it slowly turns to resemble other well known Costas , i know it is selfish to wish to keep the area as we know it , but i think foolhardy if we think it won't change for the worse over time, if you were given the power to limit the influx wouldn't secretly like to use it ?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jjh
Okay point taken, but as long as those coming out there aren't the ones who think that if they shout louder then they will be understood, and those who don't understand English are stupid, and stand outside a English pub, called the lemon tree, queuing for their yorkshire pud, on a searing hot day in the middle of August, then it should be OK. Shouldn't it?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Interesting about Jerez airport and Ryanair. I had heard rumours about Bristol to Jerez. All my friends and family are in the Westcountry so would welcome it with open arms.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:11 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NicCol
Okay point taken, but as long as those coming out there aren't the ones who think that if they shout louder then they will be understood, and those who don't understand English are stupid, and stand outside a English pub, called the lemon tree, queuing for their yorkshire pud, on a searing hot day in the middle of August, then it should be OK. Shouldn't it?
That I totally agree with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.