Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

cheapest ways of moving to spain

cheapest ways of moving to spain

Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

jonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura about
Cool cheapest ways of moving to spain

Am looking at moving to spain.
Am in my 20s so dont have any furniture but have the pc, tv, microwave, clothes, cd player, duvet, etc, etc.

Is it worth me moving in my english car or does anyone know of a car hire firm where you can return the car in spain?

andy
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cheapest ways of moving to spain

If you bring your car here you may use it for six months on tourist plates then you may have to think about importing it or like many Brits use it all the time, depending where you move to you are unlikly to be stopped unless you are Drink/Driving and behaving like a pratt, if you are careful there should be no problem, When you drive down from the UK avoid the Autovia's (toll roads) its cheeper to drive on the lesser roads it will save you money, Plan the trip before you leave allow at least four/five days (depending on where you are going to)
There should be no problems. GOOD LUCK
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Or get the weekend ferry to Bilboa, leaves 2200 fri eve and arrives 0800 sun morning, drive through Spain in a day easy and much more relaxing. The Spanish tolls are peanuts compared to the French way.

You can use an English car all year if its UK taxed and MOT`d if not you will have to import it into Spain and get it ITV`d and pay local road tax.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Driving over is probably the cheapest option.

We drove across Spain in an afternoon (sticking to speed limits I must add) but would not do it that quickly again

Take your time like countryboy suggests and enjoy the view.

One thing with bringing everything in the car is to practice loading up a few times to avoid leaving stuff behind at the last minute, and keep your passports, credit cards etc on your person at all times.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by jonesa80
Am looking at moving to spain.
Am in my 20s so dont have any furniture but have the pc, tv, microwave, clothes, cd player, duvet, etc, etc.

Is it worth me moving in my english car or does anyone know of a car hire firm where you can return the car in spain?

andy