Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Charity bike ride

Charity bike ride

Old May 22nd 2016, 11:10 am
Just Joined

richard atkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Charity bike ride

Hi all myself and 5 friends are setting off from Benidorm to Redditch on the 24th July 2016 and we plane to cycle 1216 miles in 11 days back to the UK. The charity is Baby Ava's support foundation and we supply memory boxes to hospitals for parents that have suffered the loss of a baby. I lost Ava on May 26th 2014 whilst I was in Benidorm so I was unable to see her to say hello or goodbye. I was wondering if there is anyone about in Benidorm that would like to come and cheer us off on the 24th July. Many thanks
Old May 22nd 2016, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charity bike ride

Where exactly will you be setting off?
Old May 23rd 2016, 6:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richard atkinson
Hi all myself and 5 friends are setting off from Benidorm to Redditch on the 24th July 2016 and we plane to cycle 1216 miles in 11 days back to the UK. The charity is Baby Ava's support foundation and we supply memory boxes to hospitals for parents that have suffered the loss of a baby. I lost Ava on May 26th 2014 whilst I was in Benidorm so I was unable to see her to say hello or goodbye. I was wondering if there is anyone about in Benidorm that would like to come and cheer us off on the 24th July. Many thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 23rd 2016, 6:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richard atkinson
Good luck with your ride, I hope it all goes well for you. It will be very hot so make sure that you keep yourselves hydrated.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by tebo53
Where exactly will you be setting off?
Is there any information about the set off point locally? The OP may not return due to his thread being deleted initially. Must admit that when I read it my first thought was about how hot it is going to be, they have picked the wrong time of year to my way of thinking but this might be the only time available to them all so good luck to them. Ideally it would be good if he returns and posts their proposed route and expected progress because that way they may gain encouragement all through the Spain part of their journey.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2016, 10:49 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Is there any information about the set off point locally? The OP may not return due to his thread being deleted initially. Must admit that when I read it my first thought was about how hot it is going to be, they have picked the wrong time of year to my way of thinking but this might be the only time available to them all so good luck to them. Ideally it would be good if he returns and posts their proposed route and expected progress because that way they may gain encouragement all through the Spain part of their journey.

Rosemary
And those on this side of the Pyrénées could encourage on the route and even donate, if the OP posts the appropriate site, of the "JustGiving" ilk, on the France forum!
Old May 29th 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by dmu
And those on this side of the Pyrénées could encourage on the route and even donate, if the OP posts the appropriate site, of the "JustGiving" ilk, on the France forum!
They would be more than welcome to put details of their route from beginning to end and hopefully they would be cheered on in many places but they are not be able to put the fund raising page on. Initially a supermod deleted their thread because it was thought that they were advertising for funds but it was reinstated to encourage people to give moral support.

Rosemary