Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Channel Tunnel ??

Channel Tunnel ??

Old May 1st 2008, 1:53 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Channel Tunnel ??

Okay, now I'm going to be really thick! Has anyone travelled through the tunnel by car? If so, do you stay in the car for the duration of the trip? Do you drive your car onto a train-type thing? If anyone stops laughing long enough I'd appreciate the odd reply Oh yes, how long does it take and how often does it run.
Old May 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Channel Tunnel ??

You drive your car onto the train. You can get out when its going , to visit toilets etc but there really isn't much point. Not like there is a view or anything!!!
it takes about 35 minutes , as for frequency it has been a while since i went but anyhting from 2 to 4 an hour I believe.

They are pretty ggod at letting you on to earlier trains if there is room.

Oh I miss our shopping trips to France !!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its wierd as you dont even realise you are moving at first
Old May 1st 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=JnK;6292985]Okay, now I'm going to be really thick! Has anyone travelled through the tunnel by car? If so, do you stay in the car for the duration of the trip? Do you drive your car onto a train-type thing? If anyone stops laughing long enough I'd appreciate the odd reply Oh yes, how long does it take and how often does it run.[/QUO

when we took our friends children they were scared to go onto the train and go under the water..then cried because they didnt see any mermaids or octupi..You cant win...

i live about 13minutes away from the tunnel..and we can be in france at carrforre or sainsburies 45 mins after leaving home...it is cheaper to travel in the evenings..dearer first thing in the morning...

we love it..drive on...sit and chat on the train or read a book and then drive off..sometimes your car gets stopped and searched..but thats part of travelling safely nowadays.

hope you enjoy it..

carole
Old May 1st 2008, 3:57 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to everybody, I now don't feel so stupid.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Thanks to everybody, I now don't feel so stupid.
It's never stupid to ask. One piece of advice - book online as it's a LOT cheaper than paying when you arrive. It's easy to do.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

tawaghorne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JnK
Okay, now I'm going to be really thick! Has anyone travelled through the tunnel by car? If so, do you stay in the car for the duration of the trip? Do you drive your car onto a train-type thing? If anyone stops laughing long enough I'd appreciate the odd reply Oh yes, how long does it take and how often does it run.
I live in Folkstone
It takes obout 30 mins and the trains run about every 30 mins. When you get off the train in France, turn right for Spain
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:00 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all, now I feel much better informed.