Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing address on green residencia certificate - necessary?

Changing address on green residencia certificate - necessary?

Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all
Default Changing address on green residencia certificate - necessary?

Hola all,

Me again! Well some may remember all my previous questions reference changing address issues!

I've now managed to get my new certificate de empad......
I've been to the social office and changed my address there....
I have changed my address on the system at my Doctors......
I can keep my Doctor, I don't need to change to one in my new area, although I will not be able to have home calls - which is fair enough!....
I am going to trafico in Malaga on Wednesday (it cannot be Fuengirola or La Linea as previously thought)......

All that is left is my residencia..... bit confused about this one! The address on the green certificate surely also needs changing, but I am getting conflicting advice....

Help!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all
Default Re: Changing address on green residencia certificate - necessary?

Originally Posted by Emma-Louise

All that is left is my residencia..... bit confused about this one! The address on the green certificate surely also needs changing, but I am getting conflicting advice....

Help!
Yes it should also be changed. Method is same as that when you first got it except that you tick the box for change of details on the application form instead of that for a new application....and you have to pay again as well!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
its only 10 euros, whats up lol

but ermmmmmmmmm traffico.. yummy good luck its always fun there
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
but ermmmmmmmmm traffico.. yummy good luck its always fun there
You may be able to change your details with Trafico at your local town hall - they do seem to have managed to connect up their computers - unlike the UK!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

I have checked every option and even had the patience to get through to them online and there is no way round it, so am off to Malaga tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

As for the residencia, am still having people tell me not to bother, so am still confused!

Has anyone been to Estepona National police recently? Any knowledge of what the queues are like?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have checked every option and even had the patience to get through to them online and there is no way round it, so am off to Malaga tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

As for the residencia, am still having people tell me not to bother, so am still confused!

Has anyone been to Estepona National police recently? Any knowledge of what the queues are like?
You will come across lots of things where you will need a residencia certificate and you don`t want to do it at a time under stress, do it now while you have plenty of time.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:55 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As for the residencia, am still having people tell me not to bother, so am still confused! ?
Lots of people will tell you that but it doesn't make it right.

Ask yourself, if there is a box on the form for you to register any changes to your details, do you not think they put that there for a reason?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Good afternoon all!

Changing address issues are continuing..... those that are car related;

Well I am still alive! Trafico wasn't as bad as I thought, looks like a pretty new building, good air-con, loads of seating, easy to get to, got a ticket and waited approx 30 minutes.... So my address is now changed on the system, so that when I renew my driving license in a few years they have the correct details and I have a small slip of paper to carry with my original license until then (hence why no photographs were needed - as I was wondering about that!).....

All good so far....

Then I head to my local IBI/Impuestos etc office to change the address there so that my car tax papers come to the right address......they told me that the address on the 'Permiso de Circulation' (the small white bit of paper that has the car info on) had to be changed first and then the car tax office would be informed automatically so that I would get the papers at the right address........ great... and where do I change that? Yep you guessed it.... Trafico!

I made a point of asking if I could change the address on any other documents whilst at Trafico and the woman at the info booth said no, I had to do it locally.....

I am not impressed!

It looks like I have to go all the way back to Malaga!