Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Change of town of residence -Galicia

Change of town of residence -Galicia

Old Sep 19th 2022, 3:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change of town of residence -Galicia

Can anyone point us the right way - I am going round in circles on google!
Euro passport, registered as resident in Santiago de Compostela, which is A Coruna,Galicia, for over a year.
If he moves to Fisterra/Finisterre as a resident, we understand he needs to do more paperwork, even though its still in A Coruna.

What we can't find is which bits of paper he will need and how to go about sorting it out. Complicated by the fact a particularly unpleasant piece of work did the original application for S de C then vamoosed with all the paperwork, he only has his actual S de C resident certificate & his passport.

As ever, any help & links very gratefully recieved
Old Sep 19th 2022, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of town of residence -Galicia

Sorry, but I cannot see the complication - register on the padron in Fisterra/Finisterre and then I would exchange the resident certificate for the TIE but that is not compulsory. For more on TIE - https://expatsmagazine.org/immigration/

He will also need to register at the local health centre as soon as he has the padron...

Nothing else is required, except all the relevant change of address letters etc.
Old Sep 19th 2022, 5:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Sorry, but I cannot see the complication - register on the padron in Fisterra/Finisterre and then I would exchange the resident certificate for the TIE but that is not compulsory. For more on TIE - https://expatsmagazine.org/immigration/

He will also need to register at the local health centre as soon as he has the padron...

Nothing else is required, except all the relevant change of address letters etc.
i was so hoping it would be that easy!! I think he has some friends here making it sound harder than it is!!
Old Sep 19th 2022, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have moved several times and that is all I have done - don't see how Galicia can be that dramatically different in this context!

But maybe we will get a post from Galicia....
Old Sep 19th 2022, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Well I have moved several times and that is all I have done - don't see how Galicia can be that dramatically different in this context!

But maybe we will get a post from Galicia....
All sounds good, thanks. apparently the info came from a friend who is a real worry-wort, and after a real year from hell we just want to avoid any hidden snags, so very grateful for the reassurance
Old Sep 20th 2022, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Enjoy your stay in Spain
Old Sep 20th 2022, 8:10 am
Home and Happy

Enjoy your stay in Spain
Thank you, I'm loving it, beautiful country