Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chances of relief/supply work at international school

Chances of relief/supply work at international school

Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Chances of relief/supply work at international school

Hi

Im looking at moving to Playa Flemenca area - whats the chance of picking up the odd day relief / supply.

Just want to keep my hand in. I teach maths and physical eduction and have some GCSE expericence (been in australia for 10 yrs).

By the way what is the pay rate per day for relief at internation schools?

If anyone also knows the above information for the Javea area that would be helpful also!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of relief/supply work at international school

Hi,

Don't know the Playa Flamenca area well - I am not sure that there are any international schools around there though. They do not have a particularly good reputation for looking after their staff locally where I live. I know people that come to teach in these schools and last one year and get out as quick as they can. I don't know that they employ relief teachers. From what I have been told they expect the other teachers to cover whether it is their subject or not! They are a money making exercise and don't particularly care for their pupils or staff. I would say that I have no axe to grind as I have no children.