Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

> Cervical Smear testing in Spain <

> Cervical Smear testing in Spain <

Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:46 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation > Cervical Smear testing in Spain <

Now dont blame me for this one but !!

Sitting down with my headphones on listening to the classic soundtrack .
"Fermenting sounds of Real Ales in the peak District -vol 2 " when my mrs disturbed me and said "Oi Pete ! you gorgeous hunk " which i replied yes my little sex kitten ! "ask them in that ex patty room how the women get on with Cervical smear testings ? she said ... i said you being serious ? I cant ask that !! They already think i am mad !!

Anyways the outcome is yes i am asking As to not ask would have meant loss of certain privilages

So here we go.. My Mrs had a cancer scare some few years back , she got the all clear but now has to have regular smear tests ..
Now can this be done over there in Spain-majorca ? or would she have to stay on with her Doctors in the UK ? As this does somewhat worry her as to what will happen ? Does she need to register with a Spanish Doctor or what ?

I have told her i can have a look gladly and check for her , but she for some strange reason doesnt think that me and my 1000 watt rechargeable torch is reliable enough

So there you go , for the females to advise how they get on ?

now i need a Real Ale ...
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

tbeanes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: > Cervical Smear testing in Spain <

she can go to any private gyno in mallorca and have the test done ..they are all familiar with it...i would not worry ..just go in and ask for a "cita "
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has recently registered with the social doctor here after getting all their paper work done, she had a smear test done straight away (as had a scare back in UK), due to problem with it she was sent to the hospital in Malaga that week and everything sorted out for her. She was amazed as only been here a few months. She said when she was back in UK it would take months to sort out appointments and any treatment. She was also impressed how efficient and good the staff were at the clinic and hospital.

As tbeanes said, she can go to private clinic, of course they would charge, but she would have peace of mind and good treatment.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:23 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, Big Pete just so that you don't have any embarrasing moments....cita means appointment
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:32 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
By the way, Big Pete just so that you don't have any embarrasing moments....cita means appointment
thanks for that . i thought it meant smear ..

And ladies thanks for all the info , i have told her and she said to say Mucho Grathios , yep shes showing off
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:47 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

To Mrs Big Pete - the smear is very easy. After living here for 12 years I thought I would go for an mot (or itv as they call it here). I am resident so registered on woth docs - very easy and translators are everywhere.

Doc makes appointment with the clinic nurse - the clinic is like the UK docs surgery but with several doctors, one of which you are allocated.

They do blood and urine tests and the wonderful smear. Its totally different than the last one I had and either the nurse does it or you can take the swab (similar to a long earbud) to the toilets and do it yourself. In around 2 weeks the results are back.

I would say the service is second to none and quick - I can make a doc appointment on the internet if I want!

Alternatively you can go private and they do charge for it!

Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rixxy
To Mrs Big Pete - the smear is very easy. After living here for 12 years I thought I would go for an mot (or itv as they call it here). I am resident so registered on woth docs - very easy and translators are everywhere.

Doc makes appointment with the clinic nurse - the clinic is like the UK docs surgery but with several doctors, one of which you are allocated.

They do blood and urine tests and the wonderful smear. Its totally different than the last one I had and either the nurse does it or you can take the swab (similar to a long earbud) to the toilets and do it yourself. In around 2 weeks the results are back.

I would say the service is second to none and quick - I can make a doc appointment on the internet if I want!

Alternatively you can go private and they do charge for it!

Good luck
Thanks for that Rixxy Rock Chick

I have passed the message on and she is relieved ,its simple and you can trust them ..
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:09 pm
Still young member

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Thanks for that Rixxy Rock Chick

I have passed the message on and she is relieved ,its simple and you can trust them ..
Yes - and your welcome, mind you , you can ask for a supersized earbud - that makes it more fun................
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:11 pm
Banned

Yes - and your welcome, mind you , you can ask for a supersized earbud - that makes it more fun................
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

georgina is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: > Cervical Smear testing in Spain <

Hi Pete,just had to say thanks for asking about a very important health issue and with your usual humour. I was certainly was interested in the answers as will all females moving to Spain/Majorca.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:14 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by georgina
Hi Pete,just had to say thanks for asking about a very important health issue and with your usual humour. I was certainly was interested in the answers as will all females moving to Spain/Majorca.

Glad you brought up this subject Pete. We have a friend who moved over to Spain in December last year, he has taken a partnership in a bar. Now...not going off subject here...the bar was up for sale as the owners were moving back to England due to the wifes 'problems'. Apparently she has had a smear test which came back as abnormal. Our friend bought into the bar, all was ok as the wife would have the treatment in the uk and the family would stay in Spain. Now they are saying they have to sell up as the treatment either isn't available in Spain or is too expensive.....leaving our friend in the lurch! Mmmm

Incidentally - we felt our friend rushed into this partnership and has been taken for a ride
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:17 am
Still young member

Originally Posted by Lionda
Glad you brought up this subject Pete. We have a friend who moved over to Spain in December last year, he has taken a partnership in a bar. Now...not going off subject here...the bar was up for sale as the owners were moving back to England due to the wifes 'problems'. Apparently she has had a smear test which came back as abnormal. Our friend bought into the bar, all was ok as the wife would have the treatment in the uk and the family would stay in Spain. Now they are saying they have to sell up as the treatment either isn't available in Spain or is too expensive.....leaving our friend in the lurch! Mmmm

Incidentally - we felt our friend rushed into this partnership and has been taken for a ride
It sounds a bit like it. After living here for 12 years and luckily all the family are ok healthwise, my son at age 8 thought he had a fishbons in his throat - stright to ambulatorio - where he was rushed to be seen by 2 docs and a paeditrician. Daughter broke arm 3 years ago - top notch treatment also. Ive only had to see doc trice, once after a cold/flu wouldnt clear up and this year for an mot.

I have also been given appointment to see the well woman clinic where they really go to town on you and log you in for yearly check ups - no idea what they are but maybe to check your still female at one end!?! Anyway although my spanish is good, the old volcabulary lets me down when trying to discuss intimate parts - but they all will speak english to help out if you try a bit of spanish.

So, actually no reason at all to go back to UK. Ive never understood that as if your legal here any ongoing treatment will be looked after here
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:57 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds a bit like it. After living here for 12 years and luckily all the family are ok healthwise, my son at age 8 thought he had a fishbons in his throat - stright to ambulatorio - where he was rushed to be seen by 2 docs and a paeditrician. Daughter broke arm 3 years ago - top notch treatment also. Ive only had to see doc trice, once after a cold/flu wouldnt clear up and this year for an mot.

I have also been given appointment to see the well woman clinic where they really go to town on you and log you in for yearly check ups - no idea what they are but maybe to check your still female at one end!?! Anyway although my spanish is good, the old volcabulary lets me down when trying to discuss intimate parts - but they all will speak english to help out if you try a bit of spanish.

So, actually no reason at all to go back to UK. Ive never understood that as if your legal here any ongoing treatment will be looked after here
That's interesting Rixxy, they have owned the bar for 18 months so should be legal The thing which made me suspicious was when our friend told us they were off on a snow boarding holiday with their 2 young children in January - just about gave the £20,000 he paid them time to clear in the bank If she was so ill I'm sure she wouldn't be wanting to go snowboarding
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:33 am
Still young member

Originally Posted by Lionda
That's interesting Rixxy, they have owned the bar for 18 months so should be legal The thing which made me suspicious was when our friend told us they were off on a snow boarding holiday with their 2 young children in January - just about gave the £20,000 he paid them time to clear in the bank If she was so ill I'm sure she wouldn't be wanting to go snowboarding
Yes they would have to be legal - bars and restaurants are really clamped on and once you pay the SS, you are entitled to use all the medical facilities!

To be on the safe side I would get legal advice!!!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Yes they would have to be legal - bars and restaurants are really clamped on and once you pay the SS, you are entitled to use all the medical facilities!

To be on the safe side I would get legal advice!!!
Just phoned my daughter and told her what you said Rixxy - she is sharing an apartment with our friend - she said she will tell him when he gets in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.