Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union???

'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union???

Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Question 'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union???

Hi,

I think need to get a Residence Certificate,
I have a
'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union' which I got last July,
We went to get NIE numbers, and were given these and were told that they are different now, and that these certificates would entitle me to work here etc....(it does have my NIE number on it)
im very confused, what does this certificate entitle me to, do I still need a Residence Certificate??

thanks Jenny
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:46 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union???

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Hi,

I think need to get a Residence Certificate,
I have a
'Certificado De Registro De Ciudadano De la Union' which I got last July,
We went to get NIE numbers, and were given these and were told that they are different now, and that these certificates would entitle me to work here etc....(it does have my NIE number on it)
im very confused, what does this certificate entitle me to, do I still need a Residence Certificate??

thanks Jenny
That has taken place of the DNI ID card you used to be given when you became recident. That's it now you have all that you need.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Thanks for that, shame the spanish dont know what they are, went to register at the doctors, gave them this , but they still told me I needed a Residency card, at least I can go back and tell this is what they need,

plus im buying a new car, and the guy at the car place, did not know what it was either, he also asked if I had a card, mmmm whats the betting when they go to the trafico to register the car for me, they will come back saying the trafico need a residency card
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Thanks for that, shame the spanish dont know what they are, went to register at the doctors, gave them this , but they still told me I needed a Residency card, at least I can go back and tell this is what they need,

plus im buying a new car, and the guy at the car place, did not know what it was either, he also asked if I had a card, mmmm whats the betting when they go to the trafico to register the car for me, they will come back saying the trafico need a residency card

I know what you are saying, local police didn't know what we were talking about and when we took copies to the bank they had never seen one before and were a little non-believing when we told them what they were. I can see this causing much frustration
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

These certificates serve no purpose other that to confirm that you are listed on the register of foreigners. They do not prove your identity or serve as proof that you are resident for tax purposes when, for example, you come to sell your property.

The abolition of the ID style residence cards was forced upon Spain at the insistence of the EU and various pressure groups like the so-called 'British Expats Association' whose only achievement was to shoot themselves, and the rest of us, in the foot.