Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Certificado de Registro

Certificado de Registro

Old Feb 21st 2015, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

KeithGraham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificado de Registro

I have been advised to obtain a Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union by a person in Spain who is helping me obtain a Spanish radio amateurs licence.
Does any one know where to go to get this document and what it is used for I have a property in Spain but I do not live there full time.
What sort of documentation do I need to take with me wherever I go.
Kind regards
Old Feb 21st 2015, 3:21 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificado de Registro

Originally Posted by KeithGraham
I have been advised to obtain a Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union by a person in Spain who is helping me obtain a Spanish radio amateurs licence.
Does any one know where to go to get this document and what it is used for I have a property in Spain but I do not live there full time.What sort of documentation do I need to take with me wherever I go.
Kind regards
If you are not normally resident here, then you should not try and get one. It will seriously happer things for you back in UK. For example, you will no longer have access to the NHS!

ps. why do you insist on changing the font?
Old Feb 21st 2015, 4:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Does any one know where to go to get this document and what it is used for I have a property in Spain but I do not live there full time.
What sort of documentation do I need to take with me wherever I go.
Kind regards
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 21st 2015, 5:49 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of documentation do I need to take with me wherever I go
Apart from normal ID you will also have to prove that you have sufficient income in Spain to live and also that you have private medical insurance in Spain.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like "ham radio"? Please forgive my ignorance but is that not dead in the water, due to the internet? Have I got this all wrong? Tell me please.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 8:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I For example, you will no longer have access to the NHS!
Why do you say that?

Signing on the registry after 90 days in Spain would not affect your NHS rights.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 9:01 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Why do you say that?

Signing on the registry after 90 days in Spain would not affect your NHS rights.
I disagree.

If you are (considered) normally resident in another country then how can you be entitled to health care in UK which is residence based?
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:35 am

Signing on the register after 90 days does not make you resident as far as the NHS is concerned. If you stay for more than 6 months then you may have a problem.

NHS eligibility depends on your residency status in the UK. If you spend 91 days in Spain that does not stop you being classed as "ordinarily resident" in the UK.

“Ordinarily resident” is someone who is living lawfully in the United Kingdom voluntarily and for settled purposes as part of the regular order of their life for the time being, with an identifiable purpose for their residence here which has a sufficient degree of continuity to be properly described as settled.

You are obliged to sign on after 90 days but you can sign off the following day if you wish. In theory, all those tens of thousands of "Winter Brits" who come out to Spain for most of the winter are obliged to sign on but they rarely do so. If they did, they would not affect their residency status in the UK, which is based on the above criteria, not some useless bit of paper forced on Spain by the EU directive.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 1:28 pm
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Fred James
Signing on the register after 90 days does not make you resident as far as the NHS is concerned. If you stay for more than 6 months then you may have a problem.

NHS eligibility depends on your residency status in the UK. If you spend 91 days in Spain that does not stop you being classed as "ordinarily resident" in the UK.

“Ordinarily resident” is someone who is living lawfully in the United Kingdom voluntarily and for settled purposes as part of the regular order of their life for the time being, with an identifiable purpose for their residence here which has a sufficient degree of continuity to be properly described as settled.

You are obliged to sign on after 90 days but you can sign off the following day if you wish. In theory, all those tens of thousands of "Winter Brits" who come out to Spain for most of the winter are obliged to sign on but they rarely do so. If they did, they would not affect their residency status in the UK, which is based on the above criteria, not some useless bit of paper forced on Spain by the EU directive.
Fred, I don't know where you got this information but it isn't backed up by a case that I took to court some time ago.

I was living in UK, paying tax, council tax, etc. etc. I was offered a short-term assignment abroad (3 months) - this was an assignment and so my existing contract of employment applied. I was living in a hotel abroad and had no other ties there.

When I came back, the company said they had no work for me and 'let me go'.

I took them to court with a solicitor. Before I had even said one word, the judge ruled that he couldn't hear the case as I was not 'ordinarily resident in UK'.

Was the judge wrong?
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 1:35 pm

This is from the NHS site

Extended holidays

If you are going abroad for a one-off extended holiday for a few months, then you will continue to be fully exempt from charges for NHS hospital treatment when you return to resume your permanent residence in the UK. The same will apply to your spouse, civil partner and children (under the age of 16, or 19 if in further education) if they are living with you in the UK on a permanent basis.

Your situation may well be different as it involved working rather than just going away for an extended holiday. In any case, the UK residency rules have changed very recently and the concept of "Ordinarily Resident" no longer exists from a HMRC point of view. However, the NHS still use it as it is still a UK common law concept.

Last edited by Fred James; Feb 22nd 2015 at 1:38 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 7:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, I don't know where you got this information but it isn't backed up by a case that I took to court some time ago.

I was living in UK, paying tax, council tax, etc. etc. I was offered a short-term assignment abroad (3 months) - this was an assignment and so my existing contract of employment applied. I was living in a hotel abroad and had no other ties there.

When I came back, the company said they had no work for me and 'let me go'.

I took them to court with a solicitor. Before I had even said one word, the judge ruled that he couldn't hear the case as I was not 'ordinarily resident in UK'.

Was the judge wrong?
Sounds like a raw deal to me.

Did you consider further expert advice or an appeal ?
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:07 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Sounds like a raw deal to me.

Did you consider further expert advice or an appeal ?
No. I just moved on and got a new job.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree.

If you are (considered) normally resident in another country then how can you be entitled to health care in UK which is residence based?
Here only our experience after so many years living in France.

Immediately upon our return from France we slotted in immediately and had and have access to the NHS. I do not know the background but have 44 years of NI contributions also we continue to own properties in Wales. And of course Health in Wales is a devolved issue.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry omitted something. We still have our carte vitales and which are valid in France. Provided we have S1's from Newcastle and indeed have back up health insurance we just again slot into France.

Thus when we leave Spain and return to France and to our home there it is relatively simple
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:46 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
Sorry omitted something. We still have our carte vitales and which are valid in France. Provided we have S1's from Newcastle and indeed have back up health insurance we just again slot into France.

Thus when we leave Spain and return to France and to our home there it is relatively simple
if you leave France to live in another country, aren't you supposed to give up your Carte Vitales??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.