Reload this Page >

Certificado de no Residencia

Certificado de no Residencia

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:55 am
Just Joined

greengal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificado de no Residencia

Relating to bank accounts held by non resident homeowner

Can someone please provide some explanation on the Certificado de no Residencia that is paid by a non-resident

I know the certificado is valid for 2 years from date of first signing. I'm unclear about the following:

- how often do we have to pay this, i.e. is it payable each year or every 6 months or once every 2 years at the renewal stage?

I remember signing the certificado after opening a bank account in June 2008 and paying this fee at the same time. Is it due to be paid again this year?

The reason I'm asking is, we were asked to pay this just last week, it was set up as a direct debit by the bank.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:13 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificado de no Residencia

It is a certificate which you need to sign once a year, so that you are not charged wealth tax and interest may be credited to your account tax free.

I guess you could call it the spanish equivalent to form R85
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks Missile for your reply.

I would appreciate confirmation of how often the fee has to be paid. Have you any thoughts on this?

- how often do we have to pay this, i.e. is it payable each year or every 6 months or once every 2 years at the renewal stage?

By the way, I think the bank is giving me some misinformation. I was told the certificado had to be signed every 2 years.

As also mentioned, I paid this in June 2008 and was asked to pay again in Feb 2009. This seems like a 6 monthly payment to me.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:02 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I believe a new form must be signed and submitted by the bank on your behalf every 12 months or at least that is what I do @ the CAM bank. The charge is not much, I think I pay circa 35€ per year.

PS: I used to bank with BBVA, what a nightmare. Some spanish banks are more helpful than others, just like in the UK I guess.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

It has nothing to do with wealth tax. Details must be confirmed every two years and the charge varies from bank to bank. Most charge around €14 to €15 per account holder every two years but Solbank charges around €30.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Ours is 15 euros each ,but we have never signed any forms,maybe our solicitor does it on our behalf ?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
It has nothing to do with wealth tax. Details must be confirmed every two years and the charge varies from bank to bank. Most charge around €14 to €15 per account holder every two years but Solbank charges around €30.
Hey Beachcomber, its interesting what you've just said. That the charge should be taken every two years.

I'm with Solbank and as mentioned, the payment of €71 approx (joint account) was taken again in Feb 2009 after first paying this in June 2008.

I shall be in Spain tomorrow and intend to call in to the bank to find out more.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

It should be every 2 years, Banesto just help themselves via direct debit, last charge for a joint account was €41.76.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by greengal
Hey Beachcomber, its interesting what you've just said. That the charge should be taken every two years.

I'm with Solbank and as mentioned, the payment of €71 approx (joint account) was taken again in Feb 2009 after first paying this in June 2008.

I shall be in Spain tomorrow and intend to call in to the bank to find out more.
We are with Banco de Valencia and they ask for it every two years also!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You have to watch Solbank like a hawk. They have some kind of special annual charge which they claim gives you preferential treatment over certain transactions but which you are never likely to use.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

It's amazing how much the charges vary between banks for a standard procedure,but with Spanish banking who knows how they calculate them ?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
It's amazing how much the charges vary between banks for a standard procedure,but with Spanish banking who knows how they calculate them ?
It depends how many are in need of lunch on the day. ;-))